Adam Cummins

Stu

So it would appear from some posts on here that Adam Cummins should now be our first choice centre-back alongside Hutchison. All based on...what exactly?

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for him and he did very well in a European game but let's give the lad a chance. Ridiculous expectations are only going to lead to outrage and criticism when he inevitably has a few inconsistent performances.

I'd love to see McCall ease him into the team progressively over the next season but let's not expect a Craigan or Clancy replacement after only only two first-team appearances.

• Like 3

Big Cummins has mebbes only played a handful of matches, but he's always looked the part and hasn't let us down at all. I'd have no worries with him alongside Hutchinson, more they play together the greater the partnership formed.

Yet you were one of the most vocal about our team's defeat in the Champions League, weeyin. Cannae have it both ways.

I think if you bothered to check my posts over the years, my comments on the team performances have been pretty reasoned and balanced. Or even just my comments on the Ross County game. And there was no criticism of the team from me for the first leg.

I don't think, for example, being disappointed with Hutchy for making exactly the same mistake 2 games in a row is particularly harsh or having it both ways. I would say that was a constructive comment that we need to learn from our mistakes.

In the match thread, I laid out the reasons for my pride, delight (and yes) disappointment at the performance in the tie. It's OK to have more than one thought or emotion at a time. Sorry if you find that having it 'both ways', but not everything in life is black and white.

• Like 2

Big Hutchy is still raw, I thought he had a great end to last season and is rightly one of our first choices, I really like him, but this season he has started out as he did at beginning of last year, too many rash tackles giving away needless free kicks.

And before everyone dives in (pardon the pun!!), I would have him in the team every week, but we maybe need someone beside him who will help him and coach him, maybe Crags did that last year, need to see if Ramsden can help him this year is probably the main reason why McCall bought him rather than go with Cummins and Hutch.

Hutchy - Best CB in the SPL for me. Raw, but with indubitable talent.

Cummins - cracking against Pana. But could be a poxy game, or may actually have what we need. I've been wary of guessing on one performance since Danny Murphy v Rangers. I'd like to see him v St Johnstone because I think that he's going to have a degree of hunger to prove himself as worthy of being in the first team that a lot of the 'established' mob aren't, what with the Champions League distraction.

I am, however, shocked and impressed at McCall giving him the chance.

Cummins wears black boots, so for that reason he should be in the team :thumbup:

with all the other sutff we could talk about hre we are talking about the colour of the players boots. i've only one thing to say and that's.................I'm right there with you LOL i know it's petty and irelevant but I hate those coloured boots, especially white ones. can't we get a sponsor to get them all to wear black boots?