Motherwell Vs Levante Discussion Thread

David

I'd buy a Motherwell and Liverpool one, as I support both teams. I daresay a Well/Leeds, Well/Man U etc fan would do the same.

As to buying one for Levante, or some other team I'm likely just going to get angry at, after the fixture, hell no. And especially not Celtic.

Reading McCall's interview, this "up and at them" approach worries me. It comes across to me as "hoof it to Higdon"

I'd buy a Motherwell and Liverpool one, as I support both teams. I daresay a Well/Leeds, Well/Man U etc fan would do the same.

As to buying one for Levante, or some other team I'm likely just going to get angry at, after the fixture, hell no. And especially not Celtic.

Reading McCall's interview, this "up and at them" approach worries me. It comes across to me as "hoof it to Higdon"

When we are able to pass thru teams and penetrate like barcelona, then I'd go for ball on deck all the way. Unfortunately we are not on same level as the bigger teams we have faced in europe, so its definitely worth a look at this lot to see if we get any change out of them using a target man and runners. 90mins to mix it up, so no point getting hung up on a single tactic...see what works / doesnt work and adapt.

• Like 1

Never seen the point of those scarfs , you buy one ,you go to game, they cheat like fuck and win ,you're raging and your left with a scarf you hate and realise you're a dick for getting it :lol:

Was thinking the same.

As for the game ................. our 3rd chance in 4yrs at making the EL Group stages, and we are the 'experienced' euro team this time. Here's hoping we don't give away the cheap goals we have a habit of doing. Any score with a clean sheet will do me tomorrow.

• Like 1

When we are able to pass thru teams and penetrate like barcelona, then I'd go for ball on deck all the way. Unfortunately we are not on same level as the bigger teams we have faced in europe, so its definitely worth a look at this lot to see if we get any change out of them using a target man and runners. 90mins to mix it up, so no point getting hung up on a single tactic...see what works / doesnt work and adapt.

Fair enough, and I agree, as long as he's willing to make changes if it's not going well, sooner rather than later.

If that info is correct, with the two European ties this year at the same time as season tickets due and on the back of summer holiday time, and taking everything else into account, to potentially average 7,500 over the 2 home matches (with very little away support) I'd say that's pretty good.

Thankfully they're not all wanting to go to the game tomorrow. Can you imagine the ticket scramble!!!! (I jest!!)

In all seriousness, I know where you're coming from, but in reality 6,000 home fans at £25 a pop is well up on our normal home gate so fair play I'd say.

As long as everyone gets behind the team, regardless of number, surely that's the main thing.

Where the heck are the 16000 that turn up for cup finals? Surely they'd want to see Panathinaikos or Levante at fir park?

Who cares? Given the vast majority of the 16,000 turned up to our first Scottish Cup final in twenty years and sat in utter silence, I'm perfectly happy with 'only' 6,000 'Well fans going along and getting behind the team.

• Like 3

A lot of people travelled from around the world for the SC final as it was the first in 20 years and the fact that the date is known in advance and people can plan vacations or business trips around that date. I would guess that tavelling from different countries for a midweek Europa League game is not high on most ex-pats travel plans.

Never seen the point of those scarfs , you buy one ,you go to game, they cheat like fuck and win ,you're raging and your left with a scarf you hate and realise you're a dick for getting it :lol:

I quite like the idea. I buy them as a momento of our European trips much like a programme. It started off because they were rare when I started getting them (Nancy) but as we are a regular fixture in Europe now it has become more of a collection. I didn't and would never buy a Celtic one though :D

Where the heck are the 16000 that turn up for cup finals? Surely they'd want to see Panathinaikos or Levante at fir park?

I turn up at Fir Park to see Motherwell, I don't care who the opponent is.

I predicted 7000 and I don't think we will be too far off that mark. That would be a very decent crowd for a league game, so I think it is an OK turnout.

Levante are not a household name. If it was Inter Milan then we would have got well over 10,000.

As long as the 7000 make the noise of 9000+ we should be okay.

Alright folks, similar to before the Panathinaikos game, have done a wee preview of the tie on my blog for folk that are interested - http://theburstbawfootballblog.wordpress.com/2012/08/23/well-hope-champions-league-lessons-can-inspire-europa-league-glory/

I can see Levante adopting a similar approach to the Greeks tonight, sitting in and hoping to pick us off on the counter. Hopefully we'll be able to get the early goal this time, but a clean sheet is the most important thing IMO to give us a chance going over there. COYW!!:cheers:

• Like 1

Mental. That haven't run a full story at the back like that surely?

Nah, correct story on the back page but complete erse of the front. Dear oh dear!

Who cares? Given the vast majority of the 16,000 turned up to our first Scottish Cup final in twenty years and sat in utter silence, I'm perfectly happy with 'only' 6,000 'Well fans going along and getting behind the team.

Completely agree with that, the Cup Final atmosphere was awful. However I think it's fair to say that the 16,000 in in the Motherwell end that day weren't all Motherwell fans.

have to agree with Jay and MJC..................give me 6 or 7000 motherwell fans who will back the team over 16000 aunts, grannies and long lost cousins who are only there for a day out

finishing at 4 and heading straight to JDs - cant wait!!

"up and at 'em" approach - Erwin and Higgy in there to ruffle some feathers!!!!!

i dont know what tonights approach will be given what has been said recently - but tonight will be good.........

lets enjoy it and hopefully we can provide the same atmosphere as the Pana game

Would rather have 6000 folk who go to the games than another 4000 part timers, but got to admit been disappointed with some of the well fans i know not going can count at least 16 motherwell of them not bothring with it and its folk that use to go years ago all the time. I can understand folk not going to every game, but a european night at fir park doesent happen often so you think they come out support there club for it.

Sorry to take it back on topic. What does everyone think the team will be tonight?

No Ramsden so does Cummins or Kerr come in for him? Will McCall play the same forward 4 or drop one for another centre mid?

Got a wee feeling it could be Kerr, but McCalls probably going with the slightly more experienced cummins! God forbid Page start..

Randy

Hately - Kerr - Hutch - Cummins - Hammell

Murphy - Law - Lasley - ZFA/Ojamaa

Higdon

Not how I'd go about it, but that's how I see it going. Admittedly, Hately and Hammell would be wing back types, and Murphy and Ojamaa/ZFA supporting Higgy from the wings, but if I tried to type that into a shape, it'd look ridiculous.

• Like 1

"up and at 'em" approach - Erwin and Higgy in there to ruffle some feathers!!!!!

too right we have to shock them on their euro debut

Big Erwin will not be doing it though, he's in Norway on Scotland duty for the U19 game this evening