Inverness Game

FrazMFC96

Couldn't make it yesterday, but caught the highlights just there.

Some tremendous saves from Randolph, not least from the overhead kick (was that after our second?).

Great finishing from the big man too, should hopefully shut a few folk up. The abuse that he gets is beyond me.

I think a performance/result like that has been on the cards for a while, and to do it with what you'd probably call a second string side (OK, half a second string - we don't have that many players!) is even more pleasing.

Would still like to see a couple more faces come in, I don't think there's a drastic need to fill any positions except perhaps Jennings, but with a squad as thin as ours we're always going to need bodies.

All in all, happy days! yahoo.gif

Just reading Butcher's comments on the BBC, really had to laugh at this quote:

"First one is Richie had a chance to make it 2-2 and Randolph makes a good save, and then, we've a long ball through, and I thought Richie was caught. He would have been through on the keeper and he's fouled."It's a clear goalscoring opportunity for me and the referee doesn't give it.

"And if that had happened at the other end I'm sure he would have given it and our boy would have been sent off," he added.

To say that after the referee failed to give us a blatant penalty (which would have resulted in a red also) after Kerr was hacked down in the box is just ridiculous. I perhaps agree with him about the incident in question, but to suggest the referee wasn't as incompetent for us as he was for them is totally laughable. O'Reilly doesn't have the first clue how to referee a match and judging by his decisions, he's either a bottler, or totally useless. Just glad it didn't matter in the end.

First half wasn't the best, even with the goals but what a second half performance. Randolph and Higdon were absolutely fantastic and rightly deserve the plaudits. However, I also though Kerr had a brilliant game, and on performances like that, should be making right-back his own. I've been critical of Hateley in midfield in the past but I though his performance yesterday was much better than in the past. He still lost track of his position a bit but was much better on the ball and made better use of it than he has in previous outings. Contrast that with Lasley, who I thought wasn't quite up to his usual standard (at least when on the ball), although he did make a number of crucial interceptions and picked up in the second half.

Well done to the inexperienced back four who kept things relatively tight and despite a few mistakes, performed well. Also good to see effective play from both Humphrey and Ojamaa in beating the man and getting the ball across.

Very happy to be top of the league for the next couple of weeks and get the goals to silence some of the critics (at least for a few days).

It was, but it didn't help that he fell Tom Daley style, intentionally or otherwise. If you're going to fall, fall ugly -- far more likely to get the decision!

Not off Stevie O'Reilly he wouldn't.

Still getting a raw deal from TV, they showed Foran getting in the way of Cummins trying to clear the ball, obviously intending that we all see how hard done by poor old Caley were, yet refuse to show a far more clear cut foul with Kerr, we need some C&A tinted specs on the Beeb just to get us a fair crack it seems.

So did Sportscene not show the penalty claim last night? If not that's extremely shocking reporting, as they'd be falling over themselves to show a decision like that against Celtic, Hearts, United etc. Maybe since we won anyway they decided it didn't matter?

Still getting a raw deal from TV, they showed Foran getting in the way of Cummins trying to clear the ball, obviously intending that we all see how hard done by poor old Caley were, yet refuse to show a far more clear cut foul with Kerr, we need some C&A tinted specs on the Beeb just to get us a fair crack it seems.

Not sure if available in the UK but the SPL YouTube channel showed the penalty incident. Stonewaller, and even the commentator said ref got it wrong

Jane Lewis should be able to provide those tints! Sportscene is a terrible programme. If there are more talking points than can be fitted into three minutes, the talking points are left out.

Still getting a raw deal from TV, they showed Foran getting in the way of Cummins trying to clear the ball

My take on the incident too FC. At the time it looked like a possible penalty, but after having watched it on a televised replay I'd have awarded a clear foul to Cummins.

Don't forget too that O'Reilly denied us a late stonewall penalty at Tannadice last season when Henrik was the victim of a simultaneous 2 foul incident (the game ended 1-1). That error could have cost us 3rd place as it gave United a potential 4 point uplift.