Inverness Game

FrazMFC96

really entertaining game and a great 3 points wasn't expecting that at all after midweek

was good to see the young guys at the back get a game and they coped well enough. Johny page miss judged a crucial header that let foran in one on one then gave away the penalty in the 2nd half i'd say the jury's still out on him ive been impressed with zfa, cummings and kerr every time ive seen them. Hopefully we can get kerr in until the end of the season (think was only a 6 month loan deal) or more permanatly he's excellent and can play a number of positions.

I think we should have had a penalty when kerr was brought down and their was an incident in the 2nd half at 2-1 where foran was brought down when clean through (looked offside anyway but no flag) and the ref gave us the advantage was a bit bizarre. Would have been a red card as well

Excellent hatrick from higdon 3 brilliant finishes i like him and mchugh upfront together i hope they get a run of games as the front two higdon's much more effective when he's got someone close to him like boab was

nice too see hump destroy the left back as well seems like a while since he's roasted someone like that. In a way it's good we never got anyone else in on deadline day as it give's the youngsters a game. Just been a good day all round thumping win and top of the league super sunday indeed.

Thought it was a great result today considering the exertions of recen weeks. Thought the back 4 played well as a unit, on occasion being dragged around the pitch but that's down to inexperience. Really like the look of young Kerr; his first 2 touches were class and he is a real prospect(hopefully for us) . Nice to see big Higgy getting rewarded for a hard shift. Agree that the scoreline flattered us a bit, as our midfield was being outgunned for patches through the game. Well done to the management and the team, top of the league after the month they've had is brilliant!

• Like 1

A win is on the cards for this one.

Happy with our recent results after our European adventures this year. A tired team and gaining points is always a good thing and will continue again this weekend.

3-1Higdon treble.

You were close enough for me bud. You would have got decent odds on Higgy hat-trick .

We shall not be moved. cheers.gif

See the 2nd goal today, why, oh why, couldn't the Humph do that when we had played Levante, rather than toe-poke a back pass to the goalie!

Because if he did that on a consistent basis he would be playing for Barcelona.

The Humph might not get it right every time, but at one point today Inverness had three men on him.

His actual presence on the pitch scares the shit out of teams.

• Like 1

The Humph might not get it right every time, but at one point today Inverness had three men on him.

As much as it infuriates me at times, I know that that's exactly why our players make wrong decisions. Doesn't soften the blow any tho

Great result today. Although the score flattered us, we were well worth the three points.

Really like the look of Kerr, he was my motm until higdonkey scored his 3rd, and reminds me of a less erratic Gavin Gunning, strong, athletic and versatile.

Higdon and Randolph were the other standouts, for me and I thought the slight change in formation with boab right up with the donkey suited us, although I felt that the midfield was a bit light at times. Higgys all round play and finishing show exactly what he can bring to the team if the tactics and service are right.

Try telling that to the guy behind me at full time going on about how Humphrey wasn't good enough..

Don't think the East Stand linesman did him many favours but he kept plugging away. Certainly looked up for it today..

On a more general note, really good result today. Given the back four we had and ICT have been scoring plenty then it's a real achievement. I suspect that McCall played Law wide to offer Angol some protection today and Hateley was selected in midfield ahead of Carswell or Hetherington so that we had an experienced midfield in front of an inexperienced back four. It's a call he got right.

Oh, and Higdon and McHugh look like the only true strike partnership we have. Murphy and Ojaama combine well with Higdon sometimes but today you saw the benefit of someone playing closer to him.

Good day at the office...

Well he should do it every week and then Barcelona can sign him for 20 million at the end of the season. After we win the league for the first time in 80 years whistling.gif .

And still folk will abuse Higdon. Well done big HIggy, outstanding once again today and an absolute quality hat-trick, especially an oustanding finish for the third. Top of the league, we welcome the chase!

Good result today and credit to Stuart McCall for making some changes today, many of which were enforced. Substitutions, in the main, worked. Good to see young players perform well - they are the lifeblood of our club. Thought that Higdon just shaded MOTM the match from Darren Randolph. Chris Humphrey too put in an excellent shift although the referee, an old friend of ours, afforded him little protection. Of the young lads, Fraser Kerr and Adam Cummins were the pick of the bunch. Francis Angol impressed too, but to me looks more of a midfielder than defender. Bob McHugh and Jon Page really need to make their mark soon - time is running out tfor them.

Inverness made it easy for us with some poor defending but credit to Higgy - his finishing was very clinical. Quite a few lads were carrying knocks so good on them for lasting the pace today. I'll be interested to see our penalty claim - the BBC chose not to show it. It did look a stonewaller.

We still need a defensive central midfielder to replace Jenno - there was a big gap in front of the defence today and at 32 Keith Lasley can't be expected to do too much running around.

The international break should give the lads a well earned rest. Top of the table too :-)

I'll be interested to see our penalty claim - the BBC chose not to show it. It did look a stonewaller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhunnyBbLS0&list=PL0DF74379D4B448F0&index=1&feature=plcp

2:45. Stonewaller. The hand ball after it is much harder to tell so probably right the defender got the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1