• Tom Hateley
    • Michael Higdon
    • Keith Lasley
    • Bob McHugh
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Henrik Ojamaa
    • Stuart Carswell
    • Null Vote

however higdon gets the vote from me. after the dundee game we play celtic, hearts, hibs, united and aberdeen. the test for higdon is to make me eat my words against the top six teams. bring it on.

Would this be the same Michael Higdon who scored against both Celtic and Hearts last season? And in more than one game against Dundee United? And a hattrick against Hibs?

• Like 3

Would this be the same Michael Higdon who scored against both Celtic and Hearts last season? And in more than one game against Dundee United? And a hattrick against Hibs?

we'll see.

there are goals for any half decent striker in this league. the guys at the back for ict today were terrible.

i was actually at all the games against the teams you've mentioned except the 3-1 against united on the 1st october and i could make a few counterpoints but i don't want to. i like strikers that work hard and don't miss sitters.he looked the part against the jokers at the back for ict. bring on the real deal.

• Like 1

Inverness is a city

:lol:

Let's face it, Higdon could score hat-tricks like today every week for the rest of the season and one or two 'Well fans would still refuse to accept his contribution to the team for reasons only known to themselves. Motherwell managers, opposition managers, journalists, players, opposition fans, and most Motherwell fans rate Higdon - it's just a few folk on the internet and the mouth foamers in the East Stand who seem to have some sort of mental block when it comes to the player. I think that says it all, although it's still pretty cringe-worthy at times.

I think the Higdon issue has just become two unmovable camps. He could play a blinder all season and some would still be sceptical, and he could be shite all season and some would still insist he's doing fine.

Today was the best I've seen him play and his third goal probably his best goal after the overhead kick. I think some of the criticism he gets is justified, although if he plays like he did today there's no arguement.

I think the Higdon issue has just become two unmovable camps. He could play a blinder all season and some would still be sceptical, and he could be shite all season and some would still insist he's doing fine.

If it was just a case of being sceptical then I don't think anyone would mind. And, to be fair, on here it generally is scepticism from the few as opposed to abuse (not that I'd expect any player to give a toss about abuse on an Internet forum anyway). However, at Fir Park there are still those who bizarrely seem to think there's something to be gained by abusing a player in claret and amber. When it's a moan or a grumble after a misplaced pass or a missed chance, by any player, then fair enough - but I'll never understand those who feel the need to (often literally) spit out verbals at our own (seemingly specially selected) players, for no genuine reason. That's not scepticism, that's just being a bit of a tit.

• Like 1

Voted for ZFA thought he had a great game, solid at the back, did not panick and looks like he has some pace going forward, might be some competition for Hammell there. 2nd pick was Higdon, thought he was unplayable today, great 3 goals, but opted for ZFA great shift in his 1st full start.

Randolph again fantastic, happy for Higgy to get headlines as then we keep Randy off everyone's radar, he must be one of the most consistent keepers in country . . . sshhhhh.

Thought Kerr was great and Lasley put in a great shift again.

All in all a very pleasing result after all the exertions on a very small and youthful squad, all 'Well fans must be absolutely delighted with the unbeaten start to the League, even with some indifferent performances so far. Doing the Higdon and top of the league !! :pleasantry:

Randolph again fantastic, happy for Higgy to get headlines as then we keep Randy off everyone's radar, he must be one of the most consistent keepers in country . . . sshhhhh.

Sorry.

We need Randolph to be ON the radar. We need to sell him for a decent fee ASAP. The alternative is losing him for nowt, when he walks away at the end of his contract.

Sorry.

We need Randolph to be ON the radar. We need to sell him for a decent fee ASAP. The alternative is losing him for nowt, when he walks away at the end of his contract.

So that's why we need to lock him down for another couple of seasons, so that when Jan comes around he doesn't go for peanuts or sign pre-contract

So that's why we need to lock him down for another couple of seasons, so that when Jan comes around he doesn't go for peanuts or sign pre-contract

You don't think the club has thought of that? Unless we start throwing money at him he won't be signing a new contract, we've been lucky enough to have him for as long as we have.