Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

Another pitiful display. Celtic were at walking pace throughout and still ripped the absolute c**t out of us. Well done to big Randolph, the only Motherwell player to come out of that with pass marks. Had it not been for him we'd have lost six or seven today. Not one other Motherwell player can take any credit from that.

Have to get that dumpling Kerr as far away from the team as possible, Hateley back to right back, Ramsden in for Cummins, Law into the middle and Murphy on the left. Ideally would drop Humphrey for this game as he always struggles when up against anything other than an awful full back but when you consider all we really have to bring in is Omar Daley I'd just leave him where he is.

Motherwell 0-2 Celtic

I thank you.

Near enough every time today Celtic played a ball over the top of the defence it worked. Randolph kept the score down by some bit. Defence was shocking and higdon had nobody to help him upfront. To be fair though I don't expect much when we play the old firm but a bit of fight and character wouldn't go a miss.

Randolph

Hateley

ZFA

Higdon

Hutch

I thought they all had a good game with big Randy MOTM.

The rest of the team looked out of there depth.

Having said that the team played slightly better today.

Humph and Cummings deary me.

Celtic could only play the long ball over the top most of the game and if we didn't score for them it may have stayed one nil...

Another awful perfomance.

Tactics all wrong from the get go and could have been 6-7 nil at full time. We were a shambles at the back again andf gave Celtic a really really easy time of it. Thats the thing that hurts the most it was actually really easy for them.

Higdon completely isolated upfront, won plenty of headers and held the ball up well but had nothing to pass too. Young Zaine played decent enough.

Lasley, Law, Murphy and Humphrey yet another pish poor peformance from all four. Total and utter shitebags who couldnt tackle pass or beat a man.

I am completely scunnered.

thank fuck for big randolph!imagine if we still had fraser in goals!

TBF Ross County have conceded less goals than us (despite conceding five today)....... Doesn't say much for our abilities when we're one of those teams that haven't scored against them.

As for our team - our central defenders need to get some positional awareness. Nae point going for a ball if you let it go over your head.

have tried to avoid being sucked into all the misery of the past week, but today is too much. we started brightly, the three in the middle were working well and.we kept Celtic quiet for a bit. They couldn't pass around us so quickly resorted to firing the ball over our defence who were largely shambolic today. They beat us without getting out of first gear. At 2-0 at half time McCall had a chance.to change it but just left us to capitulate further. They could've had ten had it not been for Randolph playing a blinder. Ojamaa (and probably Daley) should have been on so much sooner. Henrik was a standout on Sunday and basically won us the game in Dundee- he surely deserved more than ten minutes. The last 3 games have witnessed an almost Craig Levein level of poor management from Stuart McCall. I can only hope he gets his finger out and we dismantle what has been shown to be a shite Dundee United team next Saturday.

• Like 1

Worst thing about today for me personally was that I came away not too fussed. I sense a change in regime is not too far away...

Tactics were a mile out. Higdon on his own against a questionable defence. Lasley the heartbeat of the team, playing ahead of the ball and man marking Wanyama!? As has been the story all season, the midfield was wide open. Jennings is currently being replaced by a big patch of grass.

Felt for the lad Cummins, he's a good prospect but is nowhere near ready to play week in week out. He should have been pulled out the team after Dundee and McCalls failure to do so has had a detrimental effect on Hutchison.

Positives for today were the performances of Randolph and Francis -Angol. Like Cummins the young left back is a good raw talent that isn't ready to play regularly but done himself proud today.

Ok. Celtic are a right good team. I know that. I saw that. Apart from more skill and better organisation they looked much fitter and stronger.

We never troubled the goalkeeper. Not one chance. Pretty much the same as Ibrox.

We were utterly woeful at the back. Shambolic. Many thought Cummins should be rested. To say he had a nightmare game is an understatement.

At the 90th minute and from my point in the POD Stand I don't think I have seen the East Stand as empty before the final whistle. The DC was pretty empty too. That should worry some people.

Ojamaa on in the 80th minute? Couldn't understand the wait.

Positives for today were the performances of Randolph and Francis -Angol. Like Cummins the young left back is a good raw talent that isn't ready to play regularly but done himself proud today.

I don't agree a regime change is close.

I do agree with the above though. Cummins, imo, is in the first team before he is ready.