St Johnstone V Motherwell

Finlay

Depressed last week, joyous this week. Its a roller coaster all right and it always has been. Great trip to Perth today with no road works and a sensible exit from the dearest car park outside of Edinburgh or Glasgow. Honestly a fiver! Then herded into a quarter of a side stand before they saw sense and realised we actually have a travelling support. The drummer and his boys did us proud today as did the guys on the park. Much intimidation of us and the ref and his assistants from the Saints who could have caused us a lot of damage with their recklessness in the tackle.

I think that was the difference about us today- we really got stuck into them and did not take their cheating and kicking lying down. The midfield put in a power of work and the defence also worked hard but Ojaama and Murphy were everywhere and never gave them peace. Also 'the angel' gave a cameo performance and made the third goal with a great run past four men.

Shape wise we were fluid, converting from 4-3-2-1 to 4-3-3 in possession and even 4-2-4 at times!

Onwards and upwards.

Delighted with this result and TOTALLY unexpected and Cummins having a decent game too by all accounts. Gives us a platform to build on in a league in which except Smeltic everyone including Dundee can take points off teams. So maybe at least we're 'back on the park' time and results will tell. Fab today all the same. :drinks:

First class performance today and players and manager looked comfortable. Murphy and Henrik were very direct as was Humphrey. Higgy held it up well and Las worked his socks off. The 2 central defenders worked well and blocked everything thrown at them. I was impressed by the substitutions and decisions made from the sidelines. all goals were well taken and Randy had a world class stop, as well as a few good catches and punches.

The ref was a bit soft at times as Saints tried to bully the game and him.

Excellent day.

The only concern for me today was Hammell going off. Physio had an ice pack on his leg before he reached the dugout. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Great performance, defence looked fairly solid, Las being used in his most effective role and Murphy finally running at defences.

A special mention to Hasselbaink, a diving wee c**t at Accies, St Mirren and still keeping up the tradition at St Johnstone

I was most impressed with the away support today. Top notch.

A very hoarse nephew rang me from the bus on the way back. Seems he prefers away games to home games.....................reckon I was the same 30yrs ago.

Was talking to a few Dandies and a Hibee yesterday, who are still cock-a-hoop with the Hunless SPL but do share our sentiments regarding the quality of football and the price of tickets, and that was before the £5 car park was mentioned.

Seems the glass half-empty viewpoint is sadly more widespread..............and the game itself should be concerned.

A very hoarse nephew rang me from the bus on the way back. Seems he prefers away games to home games.....................reckon I was the same 30yrs ago.

Was talking to a few Dandies and a Hibee yesterday, who are still cock-a-hoop with the Hunless SPL but do share our sentiments regarding the quality of football and the price of tickets, and that was before the £5 car park was mentioned.

Seems the glass half-full viewpoint is sadly more widespread..............and the game itself should be concerned.

Absolutely. The home 'support' in many ways was a bit of a disgrace. Not known for having a vocal home support or even a big fanbase but considering they had won five out of their last six SPL games and could have went top I thought the atmosphere from their end might have been better this time.

Overall costs for tickets, parking, petrol, food etc. associated with the knowledge it was going to get cold in that stadium in the second half (it did) could be putting some of the locals off.

There was flashes of very good football but some of it was pretty poor at times as well.

For me the only thing that will 'resurrect' Scottish football is Celtic and Rangers being out the top league, SKY throwing us a skip full of cash, a highly competitive league being full of talented players with a good few teams being in with a shout at the league and/or Cup success, and a reduction in ticket prices thanks to the amount of TV money we have.

Some would also add sensible kick off times and dates and dropping Scotland off next to Tenerife but those are as likely as the suggestions mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Few things stood out for me on the highlights.

Higgy's volley was great technique and would have made for a cracking goal.

Likewise for Law's goal - controlled with his left footed and dinking it over the keeper with his right. Nice.

Goal nets - never understood why some places have them so tight the ball bounces back out after you score. Let it nestle!

Few things stood out for me on the highlights.

Higgy's volley was great technique and would have made for a cracking goal.

Likewise for Law's goal - controlled with his left footed and dinking it over the keeper with his right. Nice.

Goal nets - never understood why some places have them so tight the ball bounces back out after you score. Let it nestle!

Just a guess but I think its because a tighter net is easier for a player to get out of if he slides or falls into it, rather than a loose net that is easier to get tangled in

Also from watching those highlights its looks to me that those goals are a bit shallower than some, might just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Saw the highlights there. Brilliant backheel from Ojamaa for our 3rd and a class finish from Nicky Law. Great refereeing too to play the advantage when he was about to blow for the free kick.

All in all a magic 3 points, this league is very tight!

• Like 1

Saw the highlights there. Brilliant backheel from Ojamaa for our 3rd and a class finish from Nicky Law. Great refereeing too to play the advantage when he was about to blow for the free kick.

It was indeed a lovely assist by Ojamaa, believe that's his 3rd of the season which puts him top of the assists chart for us if I'm not mistaken. Not bad for a wee greedy shite who doesn't look up or know when to pass etc.

Agree with advantage played ,but i thought it wsa a shocking lunge by the St jnstn player though........could have been a red card !