Club 12 - Dundee Game Chat Etc.

ropy

In the summer we were all gung ho about supporting the club financially - are we still as committed or has the euphoria died down. A number of season ticket holders committed (?) to leaving their ST book at home when playing Club 12 to compensate for the lack of a Sevco gate. Dundee are Club 12, anyone still up for it? this?

It's only a day away and there doesn't appear to be a thread on this so here goes:

What's everyone's thoughts on line-ups, scores and also, bearing in mind the talk in the summer, is anyone doing anything different considering this takes the place of the Rangers fixture?

In the summer we were all gung ho about supporting the club financially - are we still as committed or has the euphoria died down. A number of season ticket holders committed (?) to leaving their ST book at home when playing Club 12 to compensate for the lack of a Sevco gate. Dundee are Club 12, anyone still up for it? this?

Aye. A promise is a promise.

• Like 1

I'll still be doing it, as I committed to it in the summer and believe that after voicing support I should deliver on it

I am quite pissed off at the club, laying all the doom and gloom on the fans, getting us heavily involved in the decisions at the time, asking us for input and commitments to the likes of steelmenforever and then as soon as the TV money appeared back on the scene, all but cutting us off from involvement

where is the drive form the club for the club 12 game? :angry:

but, ill feelings aside, the club is still facing a loss this period, and its quite plain to see , financial troubles still at the door of Scottish football.

so i'll stick my cash in on Saturday and hope all the others that committed do likewise

EDIT PS wouldve preferred the game chat and club 12 money threads to stay apart

Perhaps slightly ironic that at a game where some will be paying in, despite having season tickets, there are folk giving out freebies!

Part of the Well Remembered day was a pledge to give out tickets for contributing memorabilia on the day. I got an offer yesterday from the club's community department of tickets for the Dundee game.

i said at the time.............i dont think there should be a such a divide with regards to entry into this game.

Some folk who have season tickets may want to help the club out, but cant afford the £20 entry fee.

If you can afford it and are willing to do it, then great.

However, for those who are not so well off - I'd like to see a "donation box" - you can flash your season ticket to get in and make a donation of whatever you can afford.

Some people might only be able to afford a couple of quid, and will happily give up their pie/coffee/bovril and donate it. Some people might only be able to afford a fiver or a tenner.

As it stands just now - you either pay in (full whack) or use your ST - there is no in between and I think the club are missing out here

Some good points there troops. And as our friend nethertonwellfan says a promise is a promise so I'll pay to get in. (Separate threads would be good by the way - even to show the club that some of us haven't forgotten about it even though they have)

Ironic coming after such a monumental fuck up with the united tickets and the farcical turnstile situation on Wednesday.

PS - anyone know if that poor lass in the east stand cash only gate managed to get to the end of her novel?

On the soccer front, expecting nothing less than the downward spiral continuing)

I'll be using my season ticket to get into this I'm afraid. I'm in the Well Society, bought two new strips, was at the European games and it costs me £30 in petrol to get to and from home games at the moment. I can't give anymore.

On to the game.....

I expect McCall to make no changes with the exception of Hutchy being back if fit.

The panic button will be getting pushed if we don't win this one.

I'm undecided on the paying in as yet? I know my old mans response will be no chance mind you.....

Ref for tomorrow, John Beaton. Is this his first time in charge of a Well game? Local lad I'm sure?

Hes pretty local, i played 5s with him a few times about 7 years ago when he was starting to take his reffing seriously. He was a decent enough guy although a friend of a friend. No idea how good he'l be on the field.

Dont know if Hutch or Hammy are fit, or the others for that matter.

and since McCall has never once looked like using a couple of players to their full strengths this season, doubt it'll happen but I'd still like to see...

...............Randolph

Hately, Cummins, Hutchinson, Hammell

Murphy , Carswell , Lasley , Law

..........Ojamaa , Higdon

I'll be using my season ticket but giving the club my gate money as a donation.

A word of warning to all ST holders who are going to pay in tomorrow - don't pay at the gate. If you do 20% of your cash will be siphoned off by the Government in the form of VAT. Instead give it to MFC as a donation - that way the club gets all the benefit.

Good point but I wonder if the club will be able to accept money at season ticket turnstiles and gather it in separately as donations rather than gate receipts. It might need sent in separately. Don't know how it would work to be honest.

I'd drop it into the office.

Law and Lasley doesn't work as a midfield pairing. When Lasley goes forward Law is already up with him and when we give the ball away our defence has no protection. Seriously how many times in the last 5 games or so have you seen us give the ball away and suddenly we're caught out 4/5 on 4? No Jennings there to sweep up and protect the defence. How McCall can't see this is beyond me, or why he wont give Carswell the chance to try and fill the big Jennings shapes hole in the team.

We lack a spark at the minute and are so slow and pedestrian in our build up play. So predictable. Four or five passes between the defence and Law/Lasley then clip it forward to Higdon. When we do get it forward we take ages to get the all under control, play it wide and by that time the opposition have time to get bodies back and get organised. Outside individual inspiration we look devoid of ideas going forward.

Another goal for Higdon, well done again the big man for bailing us out again. Oh and I don't care what anyone else says I love Ojamaa and he'd be the first name on my teamsheet at the minute(outwith Randolph). The amount of lost causes he chased and times he made something from nothing be that forcing a throw in/free kick/corner or the amount of shit balls up to him he fought for that we built attacks from and the power of work he got through was phenomenal. The only forward today who seemed to play with any urgency and an intent to make a real difference and it's no surprise that again today he was involved in the goal. He's been instrumental in 3 of our last 4 goals. Fuck what Steelboy the haters say, I love the wee man and his attitude and desperately hope he gets the goal he deserves soon.

On the whole not good enough, too many below par performances this afternoon and I include the manager in this. Big improvement needed for ICT next week.

• Like 1