Reynolds

Hammell

O'Brien

O'Donnell

Lasley

McCormack

Clarkson

McDonald

For me the back four and goalkeeper more or less picks itself.

In midfield I'd have O'Brien on the right wing and pick McCormack narrowly over Pearson. Both had excellent ability although both were inconsistent. Still I think McCormack at the top of his game with his pace and goal threat betters Pearson. In the middle Lasley and O'Donnell. Although the donkey work is important in midfield I think both those players could do that but still provide a bit more football than Jennings was capable of.

Upfront I've picked Clarkson ahead of Jutkiewicz on the basis that Jutkiewicz, excellent as he was, was only with us for one season while Clarkson was probably our best player in the last couple of seasons he was at the club (IMO anyway). At that stage he was also scoring as many if not more goals than Jutkiewicz got. McDonald was far and away the best striker we've had since the Coyne/Arnott/Coyle days.

Im shocked by all these teams.

Most people putting Randolph in goals before Big Ruddy ???? :blink:

Partly, I'm sure, because Ruddy was a loan and Randolph is "one of ours".

Also, as excellent as Ruddy is, he was certainly prone to the odd howler - especially towards the end of his time with us.

It's been great to have both of them at Fir Park though. Wish we had managed to fill all the other positions with the same quality.

Im shocked by all these teams.

Most people putting Randolph in goals before Big Ruddy ???? :blink:

I'm not, watching them week in week out, Randolph has got much more work to do and does it equally as good as Ruddy

He's been here longer so has generated more fresh memories as well

Great thread! For me it's got to be:

Randolph

Corrigan - Craigan - Reynolds - Hammell

Hughes - Jennings - O'Donnell

McFadden

McDonald - Porter

Subs: Ruddy, Hutchinson, Patterson, Lasley, Law, McCormack, Clarkson

Couple of players on there judged on their best form for the club (i.e. Hughes and Patterson under McGhee, not Malpas and McCall, and Corrigan pre-injury). May change my mind at any time though!

Tried to do this a few times and found I was putting in favourites rather than best. So sod it, personal favourites are

Randolph

Quinn

Saunders

Partridge

Hammell

Humphrey

Lasley

Vadocz

McFadden

Clarkson

Sutton

Subs:

Ruddy

Paterson

A McCormack

Fitzpatrick

Porter

Coke

O'Brien

Obviously, some controversial choices but it is only personal favourites not a "Best"..

Sutton gets in on merit on the basis of the 6-6 game. As good as Jutkiewicz's goal was, it was Sutton that dragged us back into that game with his attitude. Guys like Saunders, Humphrey and Fitzpatrick are just players that I have a soft spot for although they all have a degree of ability. Fitzpatrick should make everyone's squad on the basis of possibly the most joyous moment of the last twelve years...

• Like 1

Haha, Melvin loved old 'shovel face'!

I know his team is 'opinions' which is fair enough, but how does saunders (10games) get in the team when melvin would have ojamma as the worst player in the league??

Number of games doesn't really come into it otherwise Vadocz wouldn't feature either. Like I say, only my own personal favourites. Hutchinson might be a better player than Saunders, as Ross McCormack or Jutkiewicz might be better than Clarkson but I tried to base it simply on players that I had a fondness for.

I love the fact that Partridge was a bit of a psychopath (I always think one of your centre backs should be). I love the fact that Humphrey will run all day despite his obvious limits and that's enough to terrify defenders. I can come up with similar reasons for most of my picks.

Oh aye, and McGhee wouldn't be manager (friend of mine was going to the Bristol Rovers game today, specifically texted him to tell him to abuse big Shovelface). I'd probably go with Butcher...

Based on a 4-4-2

Randolph

Kaiser

Craggs

Hutch

Hammell

McFadden

Vadocz

Lasley

Humphrey

Porter

McDonald

Identical midfield 4 to Melvin, difficult call between Las and Jenno for midfield 2 partner for big Krisztian, both would work. Widemen based on adrenaline factor, admittedly the Hump polarises opinion, but when he knocks it past a fullback and turns on the afterburners, its pure entertainment. Until he tries to cross...

Porter for me best big forward due to speed, tidy feet and clinical finishing. Wee Skippy just ahead of Rossco up front. Purely on goals scored. The front three of Porter, Rossco and Clarky of Year 1 McGee era was arguably the best frontline I can remember when it clicked.

Randolph

Corrigan Craigen Hutchison Hammell

McCormack Lasley O'Donnell Ojamaa

McFadden

Porter

Subs Ruddy, Reynolds, Quinn, Jennings, Coke, O'Brien, McDonald, Juke

We really have had some good players to watch during some financially challenging times. Gives me hope that despite the contract situation this year, we will continue to flourish as a club in the years to come.

Luke Daniels

Fraser Kerr

Tony Vaughn

Daniel Sengewald

Danny Murphy

Kevin McBride

Shaun Fagan

Brian Kerr

Trevor Molloy

Paul Keegan

Lewis Grabban

Malpas as manager. Nae bother.

Right Fraser Kerr hasn't been great but the guys playing the same position as Yassin fucking Moutaouakil. Also I think you might put Andy Smith in in place of Grabban. Or Casagolda. Or Steve McDonald. Also what about "the Flask" who played in two games, once coming on as a sub against Kilmarnock, punched a guy, got sent off and was never seen again?

• Like 1