Inverness Away

Stuarty

One of the most enjoyable and satisfying games I've seen in a while. The first half was about as good as it gets. We moved the ball clinically and Higdon played his role superbly. Murphy definitely drank his Red Bull as he played with wings. Thought Humphrey had a nice game too. Randolph was aggressive and made nice decisions with the ball, finding the open man regularly. From there, our transition from defense to offense was beautiful to watch. Great effort today, lads!

Randolphs distribution was 1st class as it usually is .Top class keeper.

• Like 1

No negatives but would it not have been the ideal opportunity for Hetherington to get another 5 minutes experience?

Fair point Ropy.

When games are in the bag it's good to give fringe players game time and rest the regulars.

Good minutes run out for Carswell. Boy will be shattered.

Great result and the league table looks a bit rosier now. I keep thinking though, if only we could have seen out the games at Aberdeen 3-3 and St Mirren at Fir Park 1-1 then we would be sitting on 24 points, joint 2nd and a point off the top!

Boy am I glad we've got Hutchy back!

Deserved win and good, polished performance from the team.

Only negative from the day is the continuation of Hateley's seeming inability to cross a ball, otherwise it could've been 7 or 8.

But still, pass marks for everyone.

Fine overnight trip and great result.

World-class save from Randolph when the game could still have swung either way, defence looking far more solid despite one blip and definitely welcomed Hutchy's return. Murphy had his best game this season that I've seen and after performing really well in three of the last four (St. Johnstone, Dundee United and yesterday) we can only hope that's him beginning to show what he can do more consistently. Humph was a great outlet all day despite clearing Murphy's cross in the opposite direction! Higdon and Ojamaa were superb and although a touch fortunate, it was great to see Ojamaa score and get the proverbial monkey off his back. I've had no qualms with our front two of late, I think they complement each other well and hopefully Ojamaa can get on the scoresheet more now.

Only downside for me yesterday once again was Omar Daley, surely someone could do him under the trade descriptions act for "professional footballer". Yes, fair enough he scored, down to a big goalkeeping error, but he was only on for about fifteen minutes yesterday and any other time he was involved he just simply looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. The man who supposedly beat Usain Bolt in a sprint was being otupaced by a grey haired, ageing right back who had played the previous eighty minutes whilst Omar sat on the bench. Why not give Hetherington a run and move Law out wide? Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, saying that after a 5-1 victory but it's the same things that annoy me about him when we win, lose or draw. Full effort isn't a big ask.

• Like 1

Only downside for me yesterday once again was Omar Daley, surely someone could do him under the trade descriptions act for "professional footballer". Yes, fair enough he scored, down to a big goalkeeping error, but he was only on for about fifteen minutes yesterday and any other time he was involved he just simply looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. The man who supposedly beat Usain Bolt in a sprint was being otupaced by a grey haired, ageing right back who had played the previous eighty minutes whilst Omar sat on the bench. Why not give Hetherington a run and move Law out wide? Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, saying that after a 5-1 victory but it's the same things that annoy me about him when we win, lose or draw. Full effort isn't a big ask.

I really don't understand the hard time folk give Omar Daley!

He generally gets 10-15 minutes, often in games we are losing or chasing.

I don't think he has ever had enough game time to prove himself as a good player, or a dud.

I've been pleasantly surprised by his work rate, Caribbean wingers aren't famous for their work rate, but I've never seen an example of him not pulling his weight.

• Like 1

I don't think he has ever had enough game time to prove himself as a good player, or a dud.

Got to disagree. I saw him last January at Tanadice where he started the game and he should have been hooked at half time, he was that bad. Eventually went off after 61 minutes.

I saw enough that day to realise how poor he was I'm afraid.

Got to disagree. I saw him last January at Tanadice where he started the game and he should have been hooked at half time, he was that bad. Eventually went off after 61 minutes.

I saw enough that day to realise how poor he was I'm afraid.

I was at the game at pittodrie, and he played quite well, scoring the winning goal.

Cant believe after a 5-1 away win we are using the game as a source to criticise a youngster who scored. The boys clearly not gonna be Messi but we have to keep in mind he is a boy and will be learning (hopefully) all the time. Few youngsters dont have a shocker now and again and as someone said hes never really had a run.

Anyway was stunned by how good we were yesterday, buzzing for the Hearts game now. Thought everyone was exceptional, work rate was good. Most pleasing for me was Ojamma getting that first goal..

Hurry up Saturday :notworthy:

• Like 1