Motherwell V Hearts

santheman

Grim performance. Good to see us get a clean sheet, but Cummins, Lasley and Hately simply cannot continue to be given starting berths if they can't hit a man from 5 yards with a pass. Lasley is in houfing form, but what can you reasonably expect when he knows that short of being sent off, the manager will play him every week.

It must be fucking confidence destroying to sit on that bench and watch folk try the same thing over and over, getting nowhere, and in a few cases, being frankly fucking knackered, and still knowing you will not be asked to try and change the game.

Anyone could have told you at half time there were no goals in that game. Yet again though, McCall made zero effort to change it.

I thought it was pretty grim viewing.

The biggest positives for me were an all too rare clean sheet, a dominant defensive display from Hutchie and the fact we didn't up getting beaten.

Beyond that you are looking at things at Higdon tracking back and winning tackles in the centre of the park then it illustrates how little there was to get excited about.

There were seven or eight out there who were below par. Distribution from many was woeful. Even the obligatory Daley for Humphrey and McHugh for Ojamaa subs might have done something to freshen it up, particularly when Humphrey was clearly struggling and every run was followed by a minute of standing still recovering.

Not a game that will live long in the memory, that's for sure.

Pish game, and as for Hateley, Get his bags packed, fed up with his shitebaggery performances. Also his crossing is abysmal. I reckon i could put in a better corner kick most of the time compared to that clown.

Aye that's what to do, get rid of him.

Never mind his consistent performances over the last three years rarely missing a game, his 10 goals and over 20 assists predominantly from right back, part of two record breaking Motherwell defences in terms of cleansheets.

He's having a bad few months so let's punt him.

:doh:

• Like 4

Also, can we not teach our players to pass a ball in front of their team mates so they don't have to turn back for it, the messing about at the back wouldn't need to happen if the ball was played such that each players first movement was forward and not backward (giving time to be closed down)

Aye that's what to do, get rid of him.

Never mind his consistent performances over the last three years rarely missing a game, his 10 goals and over 20 assists predominantly from right back, part of two record breaking Motherwell defences in terms of cleansheets.

He's having a bad few months so let's punt him.

:doh:

What's the old adage? You're only as good as your last game...

I wouldn't suggest punting him but his performances of late have been easily as ropey as those of Fraser Kerr who was sat on the bench yesterday. His crossing is normally one of the strongest parts of his game, even it has been lacking recently.

A wee spell on the bench would not be out of the question, in my opinion...

Higgy had one decent header on target that the goalie tipped round, and one tame one that floated past, both from decent Humphrey crosses. Henrik also trundled one past from distance, think that was about it though.

Humphrey cut inside and had a good left footed shot that the goalie saved well but we were hardly testing their goalie. Bizarrely, I felt we played better in the games we lost against Hibs and Utd.

What's the old adage? You're only as good as your last game...

I wouldn't suggest punting him but his performances of late have been easily as ropey as those of Fraser Kerr who was sat on the bench yesterday. His crossing is normally one of the strongest parts of his game, even it has been lacking recently.

A wee spell on the bench would not be out of the question, in my opinion...

I would generally agree, but Fraser Kerr is fucking toilet, and I have no idea why he is currently at Fir Park.

No chance of us getting rid of Tom Hateley. He is an experienced full back with substantial appearances in Europe and in the SPL. He would get a game for a few other teams in our league, and would be difficult to replace in our small enough squad. He is a confidence player same as Jamie Murphy, amd would benefit from a bit of support from the stands instead of the criticism he currently gets. Time to stop moaning and get behind the players and Management.

Ive read critiscism of Hately in this board quite a bit and ive never really understood it. In fact aside from Randolph, Tam would be one of the first names on my team sheet.

However, yesterday he was absolutley gash, ive not seen a right back performance as bad as that by a Motherwell player since big mclean had his nightmare against Dundee.

Was Hately feeling well? After effects of the flu or anything? It really was a shocking performance& i say that as a hately fan!

It was a pretty rotten game yesterday caused by two factors;

1) How Hearts set up

2) How we had no idea how to combat it

What then happened was the game became embroiled in the middle with a lot of nothingness. Every now and then we got a spell when we were quick on the ball and created a spark and you thought we could maybe turn this but it never really happened. However, in games like that the important thing is to make sure the other team end on 0 and you take your point and move forwards.

Was Hately feeling well? After effects of the flu or anything? It really was a shocking performance& i say that as a hately fan!

No idea if there was anything up for this game but he's had quite a few sub-par performances this season. And when I say sub-par, I mean compared to his own standard over the past few seasons. Hateley's been a hugely consistent player over the past couple of seasons but for whatever reason, hasn't been able to reach the same level of performance so far this season. At least offensively. I think defensively, he's put in some great showings this year and made some crucial stops, covering for an inexperienced/unfamiliar central defence on multiple occasions.

Could be he's been struggling with a niggling injury, or perhaps it's something mental? Whatever the reason, perhaps a couple of games out would allow him to get back to full fitness/sort out whatever's causing it. In saying that, I'd be hesitant to throw Kerr in there on recent form. Perhaps getting Saunders back will allow McCall to play about with the right-back slot a little.

He is a confidence player same as Jamie Murphy, amd would benefit from a bit of support from the stands instead of the criticism he currently gets.

Then can we please get someone else to take set-pieces? At least find someone else to take a corner kick.

I'll be honest, I've found myself raging at Hateley simply for his dead-ball deliveries which have clouded my judgement on his actual performance in the position he is playing. Maybe others hold a similar opinion? Instead of recognising him as a consistent and reliable right-back, I can't help but view him as the fucker who can't even land the ball in the box from a corner kick!

Could be he's been struggling with a niggling injury, or perhaps it's something mental? Whatever the reason, perhaps a couple of games out would allow him to get back to full fitness/sort out whatever's causing it. In saying that, I'd be hesitant to throw Kerr in there on recent form. Perhaps getting Saunders back will allow McCall to play about with the right-back slot a little.

Problem is that McCall won't put Saunders in. Hateley takes every set piece, McCall clearly sees him as integral to the team. Fact is we have three other players (four if you include Devlin) who can play right back who know that they won't get a game unless Hateley or Lasley is injured. Not the best use of a tight wagebill...

Hateley's recent performances remind me of his horror show at Tynecastle. He seems to be humping the ball up the park rather than taking a touch and trying to either maintain possession or create an attack.

Said for a while that he looks to be carrying an injury. If so, fair play to him for playing through it but maybe he'd benefit from a rest. Pity Ramsden is never fit or he could deputise at right back.

That tosser commentator made Randolph out to be a killer! Sensationalism? He forgets his roots! It was nowt but a good, clean , goalkeeping challenge:))

It seemed to be Andy walker pushing it. One of the angles looking from south east corner looked pretty bad, but not much was thought about it at the time.

Never saw sportscene, but they apparently dwelled on it a fair bit too?

Trial by TV.

(Sportscene who didn't even include the lee mcculloch j elbow in the cup game in the highlights)

It seemed to be Andy walker pushing it. One of the angles looking from south east corner looked pretty bad, but not much was thought about it at the time.

Never saw sportscene, but they apparently dwelled on it a fair bit too?

Trial by TV.

(Sportscene who didn't even include the lee mcculloch j elbow in the cup game in the highlights)

If Randolph gets pulled up it's definitely trial by TV, too selective in the incidents they choose to highlight.

It's blatantly obvious that Andy Walker doesn't like us. Randolph's collision was accidental and they both shook hands after the game. As for Hately i think he's ok nothing more but he needs to work MUCH harder at his game he's lazy. Huphrey does ma head in to be honest. I've had enough of his pish crosses and when he comes up against a decent left back he chucks it. He can leave in January as far as im concerned. <_>