Aberdeen - Boxing Day Match

coldonmac

Seems odd.

Perhaps it's been advertised that there is the potential for Aberdeen fans to buy a ticket before they travel - in the same way that Motherwell fans can tickets in advance of PATG fixtures - through the online booking system?

But as for a late change to all-ticket from PATG the logistics of printing, distributing, advertising and then selling tickets for a game that is only 8 days away with 2 weekend days and public holiday among them - and all for a game that won't be anywhere close to a sell-out - would I think make it very unlikely.

Read that too on another site, and thought it was surprising or a misunderstanding as Andy p said.

Aberdeen fans don't seem to keen on the fixture, they have Dundee at dens on the Saturday, and as they are due to play us at FP 3 times this season, no trains on Boxing Day.... Not many expected.

perhaps its simply a change in protocol (they're not always mentioned)

would make sense to have away fans with ticket stubs in the event a game was abandoned

cant have the club continually risking excess losses by hosting rescheduled matches and paying refunds

Given it costs the club 25p for each ticket which is printed, unfortunately this is the type of cost-cutting measures the club are having to take.

completely made up cost? if not club could probably save 40-50% without much effort

no disagreement with sentiment

Its a temporary measure just now until the club get proper ticketed receipts printed which are a fraction of the cost of the current system. The club are only a couple of games into a new system which has done away with match abandoned vouchers. I agree it doesn't look the best just now but some of the constraints that the club work within are mind boggling.

1355875067[/url]' post='369849']

completely made up cost? if not club could probably save 40-50% without much effort

no disagreement with sentiment

25p is the current cost to the club of printing a ticket within the printing contract. The new tickets will cost 2 or 3 pence each

1355875626[/url]' post='369854']

How many matches are we planning abandoning?

Is it not a gamble worth taking that we will complete 99% of games?

Although if the new system is cheap and efficient, can't do any harm I suppose, just the contingency plan is a bit pointless (IMO).

Unfortunately the club loses out from the business continuity insurance as the insurers see the raised crowd at the rearranged game and subtract a decent chunk of what the club is owed. It also means that should there be an emergency inside the stadium (like the Hibs game last year) then everyone leaves the ground safely without the need to dish out tickets

Read that too on another site, and thought it was surprising or a misunderstanding as Andy p said.

Aberdeen fans don't seem to keen on the fixture, they have Dundee at dens on the Saturday, and as they are due to play us at FP 3 times this season, no trains on Boxing Day.... Not many expected.

Engineering works in many areas, especially on the East coast. My bonus shift on the Perth lines at Cowie could be a right bonus as I hope to factor the match in!

As for their predicted 5,000? For a crowd who visits us who are mainly (outwith cup fixtures) central belt based? Would make for some atmosphere mind...

I think doing away with the match abandoned vouchers is farcical to be honest. Just have staff trained to deal with an emergency correctly and have everyone singing off the same hymn sheet and it's not a problem. Printing tickets just causes disruption, longer waiting times and cost (however large or small it may be). In my sixteen years of going to Fir Park, I've never been impressed with the way things operate regarding tickets.