Motherwell Vs Hearts

wellfan09

Far, far too much over confidence in here. This will be a tough game, it always is at Tynecastle and teams who sack their manager very often bounce back with a much improved performance in the very next game. Plus, don't forget how awful we've been in two out of our last three games, especially last Saturday, and as good as Wednesday night was it doesn't change the fact that we've turned in some utter stinkers of late and our recent away form is dire.

As I said, we'll be brought back down to earth with a bump today, it's the Motherwell way.

:whistling:

:lol:

A greatv 3 points but really made to sweat at the end. We started on fire and were rewarded with 2 quick goals which really could've opened the flood gates. It didn't though and I thought the rest of the first half we were quite slack but without looking under any great pressure. Although Randolph had a great save.

We never got going second half at all and the slackness continued. Even Faddys passing was off, although he also had a few tremendous moments. It has to be said the pitch was heavy and not conducive to a passing game.

It has to be said the ref and main stand side linesman were completely incompetent throughout and that incompetence was instrumental in Hearts goal when he failed to award a throw in that was clearly Motherwells!

The introduction of Omar Daley was arguably the single worst performance I've ever seen in a Motherwell shirt. Lazy, uninterested and a complete lack of ability to name but a few adjectives. I'll be astonished if we see him play for us again.

Tremendous 3 points again today, hung on big time by sounds of it but having found it tough going in previous 2 games v Hearts & drawing a blank both games, very pleasing to score 2 then hold on for the win.

Onwards to Pittodrie next week, no reason why we can't pick up another valuable 3 points there :cheers:

A greatv 3 points but really made to sweat at the end. We started on fire and were rewarded with 2 quick goals which really could've opened the flood gates. It didn't though and I thought the rest of the first half we were quite slack but without looking under any great pressure. Although Randolph had a great save.

We never got going second half at all and the slackness continued. Even Faddys passing was off, although he also had a few tremendous moments. It has to be said the pitch was heavy and not conducive to a passing game.

It has to be said the ref and main stand side linesman were completely incompetent throughout and that incompetence was instrumental in Hearts goal when he failed to award a throw in that was clearly Motherwells!

The introduction of Omar Daley was arguably the single worst performance I've ever seen in a Motherwell shirt. Lazy, uninterested and a complete lack of ability to name but a few adjectives. I'll be astonished if we see him play for us again.

A fair summary of the game. Would give the referee one bit of credit in that he played an outstanding advantage that led to our first goal but from the moment it went 2-0 he seemed to go on a one man mission to make a game of it.

There were lots of good things about us today. We defended excellently for the mostpart, McFadden is getting stronger, Higdon scored another beautiful goal and an outstanding save from Randolph. Disappointment was we never really competed as much in central midfield as on Wednesday and I think it maybe came a wee bit soon for Lasley's older legs.

Couldnt agree more milo. I had to sit with some neutral mates and sprigs in the Gorgie Stand and had to stop laughing my tits off after 10minutes. Thought we sat way too deep at times and just let them come at us. Big Hutch and Scouse did a fine job today as did nicky Law. Good solid 3points against a hearts team that showed a lot of promise. Ref and THAT linesmen were shocking in the 2nd half. I hope SMc will have 2nd thoughts about Daley wearing the shirt again. He was truly Pish, there was nothing there. I don't mind if you're having a mare on the pitch but at least try and make an effort! Btw did the ref feck up with oj's booking? Couldn't see from where I was.

Really enjoyed that today and a great 3pts.

After a total downer last week against County it's been a tremendous 6pts this week.

Thought we were well in control until one sub changed the game. Take a bow Omar Daley. Awful....

Edit to add, I forgot how much of a game Sutton spends on his arse. Give me Higdon any day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Good three points, got to be happy with that, another good performance, in terms of getting the three points,

Right hand side looked awful after the substitution, Hope its not a long term injury, the team just started flapping from that point on.

Daley offered nothing, which put pressure on Hately.

But threee points never the less. Well done lads.

Good battling display on a heavy pitch which took its toll in the 2nd half on some already tired legs from Wednesday I think.

Unless I missed something in the 1st half, Higgy wasn't given a foul against him till the 58th minute (which got the biggest cheer of the day) despite Webster/Wilson spending all day with their arms round his neck.