2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

So he would have earned as much playing against better players? Kind of my point. Offered two jobs on the same money, one a job that'll be really easy the other a challenge? Which would you choose...?

Honestly? The challenge every time. Life (and work) gets pretty boring without challenges and, more importantly, it can severely limit your career if you choose not to develop your skills.

• Like 1

Welcome to the biggest club in Scotland Nicky looks like you might be joined by Humphrey as well soon, good to see players getting out of a sinking ship before it goes down.

Sure the guy will miss out on a two week European run and gettiing pumped 5-0 by some goat herders from Albania but sacrifices must be made in Football.

I mean it's not like he's leaving a club that plays in a half empty staduim and is so skint it has to use it's fans group overdraft to survive or anything is it???????

Oh wait.

Winning one 3rd division title and kidding yourself on that you are not a new club doesn't make you the biggest club in Scotland ya bampot. No wonder you're called zombies you don't have a brain among you.

It was Law's decision to make and he chose Rangers. End of. I say good luck to him and thanks for taking a gamble and joining Motherwell two years ago. It's been fun having you on board. Cannot understand all the aggro now being shown towards him. Unlike some, he made his intention to move on perfectly clear and at no time has he tried to pull the wool over our eyes. Hateley and Humphrey for example have done absolutely nothing to clarify their situation.

I too would have preferred Law to have gone elsewhere but it's what he wants that counts. As for lack of ambition, the same could have been said when he opted to move to Motherwell rather than one of the Championship and First Division sides that were reputedly keen to sign him. I'm certain there would have been people in England amazed at his decision then.

Like any player who plays fair by us and then moves on I hope he goes from strength to strength and has a great career.

• Like 1

Honestly? The challenge every time. Life (and work) gets pretty boring without challenges and, more importantly, it can severely limit your career if you choose not to develop your skills.

You might. But I suspect you'd be in the minority...

Winning one 3rd division title and kidding yourself on that you are not a new club doesn't make you the biggest club in Scotland ya bampot. No wonder you're called zombies you don't have a brain among you.

To be fair, you only need to look at their impressive stats against the likes of Berwick Rangers, Montrose and Stirling Albion to see how tempting an offer that would be to any player.

Who couldn't resist the lure of Forfar on a wet Wednesday night? Law has head his head turned by those kind of glamour fixtures and it's easy to see why.

I shouldn't really bite that piss poor bate, but panathinaikos and a decent la liga side in Levante hardly fit the "Albanian goat herder" analogy.

It's rangers that are playing posties, sparks and school teachers week in week out.

How did their last foray into Europe go? Beaten by Maribor and Malmo, teams with about 1/5th their budget.

Welcome to the biggest club in Scotland Nicky looks like you might be joined by Humphrey as well soon, good to see players getting out of a sinking ship before it goes down.

Sure the guy will miss out on a two week European run and gettiing pumped 5-0 by some goat herders from Albania but sacrifices must be made in Football.

I mean it's not like he's leaving a club that plays in a half empty staduim and is so skint it has to use it's fans group overdraft to survive or anything is it???????

Oh wait.

Well done, good to see you have made good use of your day.

If he wants to fuck off to a team that had to buy its way through the third division then, by all means Nicky wire in.

• Like 1

It was Law's decision to make and he chose Rangers. End of. I say good luck to him and thanks for taking a gamble and joining Motherwell two years ago. It's been fun having you on board. Cannot understand all the aggro now being shown towards him. Unlike some, he made his intention to move on perfectly clear and at no time has he tried to pull the wool over our eyes. Hateley and Humphrey for example have done absolutely nothing to clarify their situation.

I too would have preferred Law to have gone elsewhere but it's what he wants that counts. As for lack of ambition, the same could have been said when he opted to move to Motherwell rather than one of the Championship and First Division sides that were reputedly keen to sign him. I'm certain there would have been people in England amazed at his decision then.

Like any player who plays fair by us and then moves on I hope he goes from strength to strength and has a great career.

Fair enough, I admire your comments... but still, I'd have found it a whole lot easier to be magnanimous if he hadn't gone there.

I criticized all Sheils, Templeton, Kyle, Sandaza and any other unambitious player that went to them last season. I don't feel any different about Nicky, he went for the money and not for football. Going there tarnishes all the good he done in the last 2 years.

I hope he gets pink eye.

Pretty sad how hung up on Rangers, so many Motherwell fans are,

a Rangers that are sitting two divisions away at present

A Rangers that are losing £1million a month and will be lucky to survive

Nicky Law has been a fine servant to Motherwell FC, he honoured his deal. never once looked disinterested.

sure I didnt want him or any 'Well player to end up there, but its his choice.

right now the pretty sad thing is, all the good work done by the Well support to embrace players and make us a little bit different and develop bonds where players might just come back and serve again is being undone.

Players that are sitting considering contracts with Motherwell are watching the two faced fans dish out dogs abuse to a lad that always done his best by Motherwell and help us reach a new high as a club.

Nicky Law said his goodbyes a week ago, everybody thanked him, shame so many are just like the knuckle draggers and couldnt have left it at that.

• Like 3

Pretty sad how hung up on Rangers, so many Motherwell fans are,

a Rangers that are sitting two divisions away at present

A Rangers that are losing £1million a month and will be lucky to survive

Nicky Law has been a fine servant to Motherwell FC, he honoured his deal. never once looked disinterested.

sure I didnt want him or any 'Well player to end up there, but its his choice.

right now the pretty sad thing is, all the good work done by the Well support to embrace players and make us a little bit different and develop bonds where players might just come back and serve again is being undone.

Players that are sitting considering contracts with Motherwell are watching the two faced fans dish out dogs abuse to a lad that always done his best by Motherwell and help us reach a new high as a club.

Nicky Law said his goodbyes a week ago, everybody thanked him, shame so many are just like the knuckle draggers and couldnt have left it at that.

Well said!

You should have to pass some sort of decency test to be granted access to twitter!

I cringe when I see the abuse some folk put out there!

I don't like Law going to Rangers, but he was leaving us either way. Those abusing the Motherwell players who have wished their friend and former colleague good luck via twitter need to get a grip!

• Like 2

Oh wait.

Mongo ALERT!!

I'll give you 1/5 (generous I know) that New Rangers will be out the game by next summer. We'll always be here, laughing at the mutants from Govan.

• Like 1

The fact is that rangers will be in the spl soon enough and he is still young. He'll be a first team regular on a far higher wage and playing in front of big crowds half of the time. A footballer's career is short and they should absolutely be looking to make as much money as possible. I'm sure many of these English players who come up here to make a name for themselves have the old firm in mind.

But really, he was leaving anyway, so where he ended up should be irrelevant. It's also cringeworthy watching the bangers give the guy abuse on twitter. Will anyone be going on about ambition if Mcfadden chose to stay on with us?

Well said!

Those abusing the Motherwell players who have wished their friend and former colleague good luck via on twitter need to get a grip

"Please please please be my cyber friend , let me read your jovial banter and the fine details of what you had for dinner . It makes me feel like im also a superstar SPL footballer"

:wank:

• Like 1

Very disappointed someone with Law's ability has chosen to go to a second division side.

When players leave us I usually hope for them to go on to better things. He'll regret wasting those 2 years playing lower league football. It is a short career so you should want to actually do something with it. A 2nd division title will mean fuck all if he's knows he could've done better.

Money is money. Ambition is ambition.

Law I thought was better than that. I HOPED he was better than that. Fuck him.

• Like 1

"Please please please be my cyber friend , let me read your jovial banter and the fine details of what you had for dinner . It makes me feel like im also a superstar SPL footballer"

:wank:

:lol:

Fair point!

(Presuming it wasnt aimed at me)

More than the disappointment of seeing a very talented player leave our club and choose to waste the aforementioned talents in the nether regions of the 2nd divisions, it is the complete lack of morality in what's happening that I find most galling. I know folk on here that will go on about the Sevco haters etc, but where is the level playing field when these feckers are losing £1m+ a month and yet the powers that be let them sign players on wages that can only plunge them into more debt. There is no guarantee that they will survive another season never mind all the investigations that are currently ongoing bringing them to a grinding halt. As much as I hope SMc can go on to bigger and better things, I fear that Nicky Law will sorely regret the move he's making.

• Like 2