2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I think with a little winding up from the east stand he could crack.

Also, am I right in saying the last player we paid a fee for was Stevie Hammell returning to the club from Southend in 2008?

Yea I think you're right. Was it not a fair amount (for us anyway?) about £180k or something?

I'm not sure of the exact figure, it was over £100k anyway, which by our standards, is high.

Aye, did we not get something insane like £180k for Jim Paterson though?

Wiki says we got £250k for him. No danger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye, did we not get something insane like £180k for Jim Paterson though?

Wiki says we got £250k for him. No danger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh maybe that's where I'm getting that figure from. I definitely remember Paterson leaving for something along the lines of £250k and us getting Hammell back and making a decent profit. A fine piece of business. Cheers stepover!

Edit : old BBC article I just found says £250k for Paterson when he went to Plymouth.

Jim Paterson wasn't even worth 25p himself, but his stepovers were gold! Who's he playing for now? I remember seeing his last season playing for shamrock rovers vs spurs in Europe!

Playing for Bristol Rovers there days.

I really don't get the ill feeling towards Hateley.

He played nearly every game for us in seasons where we finished 2nd and 3rd!?!?

He's obviously been a bit daft here, but I really hope he doesn't get booed when he comes back like Reynolds did as that would be just be fucking embarrassing.

The guy did us a really good turn.

His delivery of corners was frustrating at times but it was frustrating last night as well. We can't afford the type of player that will constantly deliver perfect crosses but he was a good, consistent right back who I would have been more than happy to have retained. I would certainly have had more confidence in him than I do in Kerr.