St Mirren Game On Thursday

East_Stand_Al

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, did anyone watch this game???????????????????

Reading people on this forum saying why did hughes play???? Why did they take off fitz and not hughes? Were these people watching the game??????

I dont give one fuck now, and i fucking mean it!!!!!! WHY THE FUCK WAS FITZPATRICK FUCKING PLAYING?????????? WHY???? WHAT THE FUCK DID HE DO????? WHAT???? TELL ME!!!

Right, lets look at the midfield, were this cock plays!!!

Hughes for a start: Two shots on goal the whole fucking game: Hughes: two shots on goal! The boy might have done fuck all the whole game but the guy made a fucking effort to fucking score!

Jim: Made runs towards goal, made his present felt and and set up the shots for hughes! Was the only threat towards St Mirren! And Clarkson with no help from Sheridan, fucking clumsey!

Kilmpel: Was getting stuck in, making his present felt in midfeild making sure no one was getting by him! Showed a bit of strength and you knew when you saw him next to a player that was on the ball he was gona get his foot in no matter what side of the player he was on!!!

Fitzpatrick: Right, i'm gona be nice to the boy here, but he was fucking shite!!!!!! What the fuck good did he do????????? WHAT????? I dont give one fuck what people think saying "lets get behind the boy" come one "the guy needs our support"! You know what, the guy needs to get a kick up the fucking arse!!! I'm all for getting behind the team "the team"!!!! But when theres a weakness in "the team" GET IT TO FUCK"

And another thing, why the fuck was Sutton not starting??? Why the fuck has he not started in the last three games??? Is he not scoring goals??? Whats he doing wrong?? The guy only had 5 mins to shine.

I'm sorry, but two fucking shots on goal is no good!!!! WAIT, its no good , its fucking no where near our play!! ITS FUCKING SHITE!!!!!!!!!!

Special mention for the Roy Walker lookalike in the 'Well support, I've never heard such a moaning-faced bastard in all my life, absolutely no idea what you actually get out of going to Motherwell games.

To be fair, he was only saying what he was seeing....

Mighta ctually have been him - according to Wiki he lives in EK! :O

Pissed off with the result!!

With the way we have been playing, all the hype in the press from McGhee, etc, I really thought we were gonna produce the goods tonight and possibly even get by Celtic in the next round.

My foolish fault for having that belief as we crash out to a lesser team in the Scottish Cup yet again!!

I put a priority on a good cup run over third spot this year as it is way overdue, and I'm angry that the players have let us fans down again...

The performance simply wasn't good enough for the full 90mins, and it had the final result written all over it after the first 5mins of the second half.

What he said 2!!

Just back in.

Well that was absolutely utterly fucking atrocious from start to finish. And with a very decent travelling support given nothing to get excited about.

Once again we go out the cup to beatable opposition without even so much as a whimper. Should we have expected any better though? We have only beat St Mirren 3 times in a whopping 14 attempts!!!!

Our cup exits now are the stuff nightmares are made of. St Mirren, 1st Div Dundee, 1st Div St Johnstone, 1st Div St Mirren, 1st Div ICT. Fucking embarrassing.

I don't know if I'd give pass marks to any players tonight and although he in no shape or form cost us the game, Fitzy offers nothing whatsoever. He should be nowhere near our starting 11 ever again. Subs were brought on far too late.

I'm glad McGhee (on the BBC) acknowledges that we were pish tonight as anything else would enraged me a great deal.

On a excellent pitch (the only decent thing about that shite soul less tin can monstrosity of a ground) aswell, so there's the theory OUR pitch is holding us back out the window.

We have been on an excellent run to be fair, but that tonight was totally insipid, spineless, gutless and any other adjective you care to throw in there.

What he said 2!!!

Settle dowwwnnnn!!

If we're gonna be all analytical about it, then let's break it down. Jim O'Brien, in my opinion, was frustrating tonight. He gets on the ball, but doesn't get past his man that often. He put in a couple of average crosses, and had a shite shot at goal, but other than that, I don't think he did very much.

Stephen Hughes - a couple of gash passes, but a fair few flashes of how good he actually can be. With Klimpl beside him, he has the opportunity to drive forward, but when he does, he doesn't create all that much. He eventually stops, turns, and plays it wide to Stevie Hammell. Shoulda been our match winner tonight, but wasn't.

Maros Klimpl. I was very impressed with him tonight. Very hungry, very solid in the tackle, and his passing was relatively accurate, I thought he was our best midfielder. Plays the holding role very well, and has an eye for a pass too.

Fizzy, I thought, did quite a good job tonight. As somebody has previously mentioned, the goal came from the position in which he had been covering all night. Fitzpatrick is a great player (in my opinion). Although he didn't have the best of games tonight, I think he is one of our better midfielders. He's not the flashy creative kinda midfielder you see, but he does a job and keeps the ball well. And he was by no means our worst player tonight in my opinion. I'd go as far as to say he was one of our better players.

It's interesting to see the range of opinions on the game. A lot of people saying they thought Sheridan played well, whereas I thought he didn't have the best of games. A lot of potential to be a good player for us this season, but I thought he looked a tad clumsy. He did, however, win a fair few headers.

All in all, that was a dreadful game of football between two mediocre sides and one goal was always going to win it and unfortunately it was them who got it. I don't think we neccessarily deserved to lose the game but at the same time didn't do enough to win it either. We just don't have that bit of flair in the side to unlock defences as our final ball last night and for the majority of this season has been absolutely deploreable. We really miss Ross McCormack - of the first half of last season - as he just had that little bit more when it came to taking a player on and beating him and providing support to Porter & Clarkson up front.

Morning after and I'm still gutted - beaten by a very average team yet again, but over the two games, we can hardly complain.

Left the ground last night thinking we lost that game as soon as it started at FP, and I'd still lay a loy of the problems on how we played the 1st half at FP - it's almost as if we were constantly chasing the game after that

Last night was ok in spells but we gave the ball away far too often and put ourselves unnecessary pressure - Clarky's pass in their box which led to their goal was shocking, but they still had the length of the park to run to score

Said it before, would take Mehmet in a minute - the one player with the Midden who's quality

MON RA DOSSERS

Hughes, Sheridan n Jim O`Brien were the only pass marks in my opinion. Clarky had his worst game for a while, but he will bounce back. Not seen the goal yet, but what the fuck is Craigan doing trying top play offside in the 85th min of a Cup replay?! :O I like Mark Mcghee, but what has Jamie Murphy done to deserve to get bombed out? Theres no way, anyone can tell me Darren Smith is a better player. (Tell me if u want, but ur just bloody lieing!) Getting beat tonight, actually makes me more up for Sun, players will know they need to get the finger out, no choice!!

Yeah, right. I hate to say it, but when will people realise that Clarkson is just an average striker and nothing more. He scores the odd goal and thats it (50 in about 240 games tellls you everything). Everytime he is more or less the main striker, like know, he doesnt deliver. He doesnt perform, when he has too.

His first touch is by far the worst of any striker and the SPL and he can only use his right foot.

God knows, why he plays for Scotland...

ANyway, he wasnt the only one, not getting passmark.

There's little to be gained by castigating individiual players, thats missing the point. Our problems last night were much more fundamental.

The pitch was perfect, we fielded arguably our strongest side and this was a cup tie, but we still turned in a sub standard, flat, disinterested display. No excuses. Its not rocket science - its just like making soup - if you put nothing in you get nothing out.

I though Sheridan was pretty poor last night. Fair ewnough he won a few good balls in the air but he done absolutly nothing else.

Totally messed up with a chance in the box, he just doesn't look like he wants to be here.

Fair enough, I'll give him a few more games but I just don't see it!

The only positive I can take from that shite last night was the fact that I didn't go. Although I did sit and suffer it at home knowing that people across the UK were watching it. What they must think of us???

As for the performance. Not one player earned pass marks for me. I've seen some mentions of Hammell having a decent game but his crossing was atrocious. Certain players (O'brien, Fitzpatrick, Quinn, Sheridan and Clarky) were empty shirts and our collective first touch was non-existent. I struggle to understand how guys who train mon-fri still can't trap a ball or knock a simple 10 yard pass!!

Not wanting to have a dig at guys like Fitzpatrick and DL Smith but they are 1st Div players. It's not like thay haven't had a fair chance to show what they can do yet they consistantly dissappoint. Don't agree with those looking for McGhee to go right enough. Anyone who has sat through the days of Kampman, McLeish, Malpish, etc. should know better than that.

In summary, keep Smith, Hammell, Klimpl, Hughes and Clarky (not on last night btw) and get the some fresh legs into the team like Murphy and Saunderos who have shown more in the few games they've played than others have shown in their entire tenure.

I fear for us on Sunday.

The only positive I can take from that shite last night was the fact that I didn't go. Although I did sit and suffer it at home knowing that people across the UK were watching it. What they must think of us???

As for the performance. Not one player earned pass marks for me. I've seen some mentions of Hammell having a decent game but his crossing was atrocious. Certain players (O'brien, Fitzpatrick, Quinn, Sheridan and Clarky) were empty shirts and our collective first touch was non-existent. I struggle to understand how guys who train mon-fri still can't trap a ball or knock a simple 10 yard pass!!

Not wanting to have a dig at guys like Fitzpatrick and DL Smith but they are 1st Div players. It's not like thay haven't had a fair chance to show what they can do yet they consistantly dissappoint. Don't agree with those looking for McGhee to go right enough. Anyone who has sat through the days of Kampman, McLeish, Malpish, etc. should know better than that.

In summary, keep Smith, Hammell, Klimpl, Hughes and Clarky (not on last night btw) and get the some fresh legs into the team like Murphy and Saunderos who have shown more in the few games they've played than others have shown in their entire tenure.

I fear for us on Sunday.

Positive side for me is I never got to see the game at all.

5-4-1 on sunday anyone?

Yeah, right. I hate to say it, but when will people realise that Clarkson is just an average striker and nothing more. He scores the odd goal and thats it (50 in about 240 games tellls you everything). Everytime he is more or less the main striker, like know, he doesnt deliver. He doesnt perform, when he has too.

His first touch is by far the worst of any striker and the SPL and he can only use his right foot.

God knows, why he plays for Scotland...

ANyway, he wasnt the only one, not getting passmark.

I did notice last night that people are finally realizing what I have advocated on here for long & weary, & that is exactly as you say mate, David Clarkson is NOT the wonder player & striker he is heralded to be, he is average, push first touch, no control, & was clearly carried for the last season and half by a great striker in Porter! I told my good friend Big Stall that he could not step up now the big man has left & would again be found out, & here we are. All this shite after Saturday is bollocks, 50 goals and here's to 50 more, 240 games tells it's own story! At best he is a squad player, if he were any better he too would have moved on with the likes of Faddy, Pearson, Rossco, Porter....again tells it's own story! Fizzy gets fuching pelters in a second for the kind of passes Clarkson has served up for years and gets " bad pass Davy, good idea though, head up!"

Last night was in no way all about DC, but it was his inability to pass a ball 5 yards that led to their break, we should be celebrating 1-0 up, instead 30 secs later were out of the fuching cup! Also agree with one persons sentiment above, Sheridan looks like this move was forced on him, a few nice wee touches, but on the whole clumsy & bricking it from ANY situation where he has to mix it & attack a header or mix it in the tackle.

Finaly, Darren Smith in front of Jamie Murphy, baffling McGhee!

I did notice last night that people are finally realizing what I have advocated on here for long & weary, & that is exactly as you say mate, David Clarkson is NOT the wonder player & striker he is heralded to be, he is average, push first touch, no control, & was clearly carried for the last season and half by a great striker in Porter! I told my good friend Big Stall that he could not step up now the big man has left & would again be found out, & here we are. All this shite after Saturday is bollocks, 50 goals and here's to 50 more, 240 games tells it's own story! At best he is a squad player, if he were any better he too would have moved on with the likes of Faddy, Pearson, Rossco, Porter....again tells it's own story! Fizzy gets fuching pelters in a second for the kind of passes Clarkson has served up for years and gets " bad pass Davy, good idea though, head up!"

Last night was in no way all about DC, but it was his inability to pass a ball 5 yards that led to their break, we should be celebrating 1-0 up, instead 30 secs later were out of the fuching cup! Also agree with one persons sentiment above, Sheridan looks like this move was forced on him, a few nice wee touches, but on the whole clumsy & bricking it from ANY situation where he has to mix it & attack a header or mix it in the tackle.

Finaly, Darren Smith in front of Jamie Murphy, baffling McGhee!

Thank you, at least someone who agrees :O

I am missing the "next step" by Clarkson. People say he is still young and stuff, but he is 23 already, when does he want to improve? When will he turn into the player everyone thought he would be?

If Clarkson would play for any other team, he would get pelters as well and people would laugh at him and question his ability.

But again as you said, it wasnt about Clarkson alone last night.

About Sheridan: Somehow I do like him. You can see he can do damage to teams, yet he doesnt gel with the team yet.

We were poor last night, no better or worse than St Mirren but thats still poor.

I thought Sheridan did ok to be honest, we just lack an out and out stiker as both CS and Clarkson drop deep too much, Im not going to slate anyone but when Darren Smith comes on thats like a white flag to me. Fitz tries but aint good enough. Overall though another let down.

It's amazing how people can see the same game and have to differing opinions of players performances.

I'm don't usually slate any Motherwell players and to personally abuse them is not on.

However for what it's worth, last night was fuckin shite!!!!!!!

Back to front we looked clueless, embarrassing, flat.

Having watched it at home maybe I had a different perspective to some on here, and I mean no harm to the guy but Fizzy doesn’t even look like a footballer. He continuously gave the ball away or broke up any moves we had built up until he touched the ball, he looked terrified to touch the ball. Understandable I suppose when he has been getting so much stick but there is no point in playing someone when they are so obviously struggling.

Darren Smith had come back into the team over the last couple of games and had done alright really, why was he dropped to the bench last night ?????

Sheriden looks not a bad player, however it looked like him and Clarkson had never met before last night.

We have plenty of options up front for a partnership, no point in Sutton and Murphy sitting on the bench maybe they deserve their chance.

Hammell played not to bad at times, although I thought he was badly at fault for their goal.

Even Hughes who I thought was probably our best player along with O’Brien, created some chances then instead of just smashing shots into goal, he kept trying to chip or lob them into the pack post. Fuckin just hit it !!!!!

I reckon all of McGhee’s talk of extra time and penalties affected the players, they looked like that’s what they were playing for. We made a shite St Mirren team look good at times.

We are way better than that performance suggests and McGhee now has to return to the 4-3-3 system that served us so well last season, or sort out the team to be able to play the system he wants. I think our season is basically over, we won’t be relegated, we are out the cups and realistically any chance of Europe has gone. Pride to play for now and in a sense the pressure should be off the players, so lets hope that the players get their heads up for Sunday. A top 6 finish is the best we can hope for.

We have plenty of options up front for a partnership, no point in Sutton and Murphy sitting on the bench maybe they deserve their chance.

No idea why Sutton was out the team in the first place, he was getting the goals.

To play Sheridan before him (in my eyes) is an absolute joke! They are similar types of player but Sutton is miles ahead in my opinion. Why play an on loan 19 year old, when we have a proven SPL goalscorer sitting on the bench?

No idea why Sutton was out the team in the first place, he was getting the goals.

To play Sheridan before him (in my eyes) is an absolute joke! They are similar types of player but Sutton is miles ahead in my opinion. Why play an on loan 19 year old, when we have a proven SPL goalscorer sitting on the bench?

Agreed! I've got nothing against Sheridan, I'm sure he can become a good player. But Sutton is already a good player! I'm almost happy that Sheridan can't play on Sunday just so Sutton can get a game and show how good a player he is.

Also, Hughes is shite.