Euro Game Ticketing

stuwell

I see what you are saying but I'm against regionalisation.

I think qualifying for Europe would quickly lose its appeal if you were playing Icelandic and Norwegian teams ever year.

To me part of the 'romance' of it is you can be drawn anywhere against anyone and if that was stopped I think interest would quickly ebb away.

But it's already been stopped to allow the big nations clubs to hoover up all the dosh in later rounds. I'm against that

The st Johnstone chairman said they lost 20k from there euro trip to turkey last season

I remember the interview, he was very blunt on what European football had cost Saints.

To make money you need to draw a big team and secure a lucrative TV deal or get into the group stages.

I remember the interview, he was very blunt on what European football had cost Saints.

To make money you need to draw a big team and secure a lucrative TV deal or get into the group stages.

i think there is a bit of creative accounting going on there.

They might have spent more than the 90,000 euros getting to and from turkey but they still made money off tickets for the home leg and selling the game to turkish tv.

Lapsed and stay away fans usually turn up for these games so hopefully they will again and there will be a decent crowd. Faddy's re-signed; what more incentive do people need to get along?!

I feel sorry for the club with this draw. Going to cost them a fortune getting to the arse end of nowhere with very little, if any, profit to be made. This is their reward for a magnificent season?!?!

At least they accept that at those prices theres a fair chance of a 5000 crowd with half the stadium shut due to lack of interest

Bollox....

I acccept £25 is a bit steep, but still only a few £'s more than an SPL game.

This will likley be our one and only tie - love to be wrong, but if their sqaud is worth £50m and ours £3m.......

On this occasion we will be lucky to break even on this tie unless Russian TV comes in. Unlikely since they are not a fashionable Moscow club...

They could not really make it less than £20. I have never missed a home Euro tie and hopefully never will...

As an aside, I think the club should request the Aberdeen game is moved to the following Tuesday or Wednesday. The players will be bloody knackered after that flight back.

If Celtic can postpone a scheduled league fixture to take part in a fucking friendly then we should be allowed to delay this game.

Naw?

Bollox....

This will likley be our one and only tie - love to be wrong, but if their sqaud is worth £50m and ours £3m.......

On this occasion we will be lucky to break even on this tie unless Russian TV comes in. Unlikely since they are not a fashionable Moscow club...

They could not really make it less than £20. I have never missed a home Euro tie and hopefully never will...

Ive already been up for my tickets , doesnt alter that £25 for the East Stand is too much and that by not selling for the South yet they know they are pushing their luck.

Like everyone else i hope we sell out and make a fortune.

Bollox....

Same here, I get to few games due to work commitments but me and my son will be there for the European game. Hoping to drum up a few floating fans I know as well

I know everyone wanted £15 but at the end of the day the club need to try to balance costs etc and have came up with this figure which as its the same as last season then I think it would be unfair to grumble too much. We will at some point in future years be willing to give our left arm to see our team in Europe and I for one don't want to miss the memories of us in Europe. Balanced and fair price as far as I am concerned.

Its the team i have supported for over 40 years in a home European match, if it was £40 a ticket i would be there. This may be one of those great european nights and a fantastic performance to hopefully get the tie won before the away leg, is it worth missing it for the sake of £5 or £6 more than a bog standard boring SPL game..i think not. :nod:

• Like 1

I think the price should have been £20 a ticket, this will cost me £85 for me, my hubby, daughter and son to go. People are already on holiday so numbers will be down and due to the cost I honestly think the stands are going to be empty with no atmosphere.

Aye its a european game but as Leanne said,we need all the cash we can get! Surely after pulling a team most people have never heard of it would be better to have 7000-8000 at £20 than 5000-6000 at £25. I just can't see anything other than a half empty stadium now

Aye its a european game but as Leanne said,we need all the cash we can get! Surely after pulling a team most people have never heard of it would be better to have 7000-8000 at £20 than 5000-6000 at £25. I just can't see anything other than a half empty stadium now

completely agree with you, cheaper tickets would mean more people attending!