Euro Game Ticketing

stuwell

Bet you guys are happy you don't support Bournemouth - they charged £65.00 for a ticket for their Real Madrid friendly at the weekend. cheers.gif

and some wee guy got ended up with a broken arm from a wayward Ronaldo shot for the privilege!!

i was thinking the same about our game, would be so much better if we allowed PATG, but i think UEFA stipulate it must be all ticket

Bet you guys are happy you don't support Bournemouth - they charged £65.00 for a ticket for their Real Madrid friendly at the weekend. cheers.gif

That was surely the top ticket you could buy? There's no way we would sell out the East Stand at £65 a go for any team in the world unless there were Megan Fox lookalikes providing free hand relief at half time.

• Like 1

That was surely the top ticket you could buy? There's no way we would sell out the East Stand at £65 a go for any team in the world unless there were Megan Fox lookalikes providing free hand relief at half time.

A mere £55 for season ticket holders:

Adult: £55

Concession: £40

U16: £25

Executive: £75

General sale price:

Adult: £60

Concession: £45

U16: £30

Executive: £80

Terrible, tbh.

If Motherwell charged £50 a skull for the Kuban game, I'd probably pay it (grudgingly) and if 13,741 others did the same I would be delighted.

I think fans complaining about ticket prices are justified. They only become hypocritical when they laud the signings of McFadden, McManus, etc

If Motherwell charged £50 a skull for the Kuban game, I'd probably pay it (grudgingly) and if 13,741 others did the same I would be delighted.

I think fans complaining about ticket prices are justified. They only become hypocritical when they laud the signings of McFadden, McManus, etc

I agree with you on the latter point entirely. Complaining about ticket prices while simultaneously complaining about a lack of investment: Throbber behaviour.

I think there's a limit though, football should be affordable and £50 is just blatant profiteering. I realise it's standing against the tide, but special footballing moments should be shared with your friends and family, whatever form that takes, and not with a collection of better off strangers. I don't know, it just seems wrong.

....special footballing moments should be shared with your friends and family, whatever form that takes...

This is a different debate for a different day, but I actually disagree with that. Folk bringing their wives, mums, grannies and every other Tom, Dick and Harry to the Cup Final (for example) does my box in because:

A) They'll never be back to a normal game.

B) They don't appreciate the significance of the occasion.

C) They dilute the atmosphere.

I'd rather have had half the number of fans at Hampden at 2011 if I'm honest.

• Like 2

The thing with the Bournemouth v Real game is that Bournemouth would have had to have paid a hefty fee to Real to get them play the game in the 1st place & also cover their expenses.

Guessing that's the reason the ticket prices were so high.

This is a different debate for a different day, but I actually disagree with that. Folk bringing their wives, mums, grannies and every other Tom, Dick and Harry to the Cup Final (for example) does my box in because:

A) They'll never be back to a normal game.

B) They don't appreciate the significance of the occasion.

C) They dilute the atmosphere.

I'd rather have had half the number of fans at Hampden at 2011 if I'm honest.

It is, really, so apologies for sidetracking the thread, but it all comes along with the same problems of ticket prices. As much as they're moaned about in Scotland, pale in insignificance to the prices down here. £45 to Norwich - Everton at the start of the season is a complete pisstake, and that'd be me going from London, let alone those coming from Liverpool. Who can actually afford that regularly? Mental.

When I say family and friends, I go to home games with my dad, my sister, and before he couldn't walk that far anymore, my grandfather, so pretty much all home games have been with them and I like it. Away games I go with my pals. So aye, I didn't mean folk that don't get it.

But aye, I do agree with you, I'd be fine with the wives/maws/grannies if they could be bashed into their own section, where they can whine about it on their own.

Fans need to come out and support the club here. We all want players like Faddy and McManus but complain when the club charge £25 for a European game.

The cost for the club to travel to Russia is coming in at 125k. We certainly could make a loss in this tie.

well said grievesie hopefully as many fans as possible come out and support the club financially on the night as well as giving the players our backing,if you have any mates or family members that you could convince to come then do your best to do so.on the football side im quite confident we will get a positive result in this game

The thing with the Bournemouth v Real game is that Bournemouth would have had to have paid a hefty fee to Real to get them play the game in the 1st place & also cover their expenses.

Guessing that's the reason the ticket prices were so high.

No just blatant profiteering, 12K crowd probably made them in excess of 500 K in gate receipts alone, add merchandise, catering and its a tidy sum. Even taking their costs into acount, Madrids fees etc they are still making a healthy profit., but the game was a sell out so the bournemouth fans must be happy with it.

Anyone paying £65 for a friendly is an idiot. Sorry...

Was about to say the same. I'd be thinking twice about 65 quid if we played them in a competitive match. To pay 65 quid to watch a training sessions is madness.