TV Games Kick Off Times

Spiderpig

Your Preferred Weekend Kick Off Time  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is you preferred kick-off time?

• Friday Night 7:45pm approx.
    • Saturday Lunchtime 12:30pm approx.
    • Saturday Afternoon 3pm
    • Saturday Evening 5:30pm
    • Sunday Lunchtime 12:30pm approx.
    • Sunday Afternoon 3pm
    • Sunday Evening 5:30pm approx.
    • Monday Evening 7:45pm

Re summer fitba' the wummin have changed over already. Their pre-season is January which is a bit of a bugger I'd imagine, games start in Feb so still scope for call-offs due to weather, they take a break in July so no changes there and finish in November with scope for call offs due to weather affecting the final games. (First season Oor Amber final game just didn't get played) Not all sweetness and light, still problems but for me Nov, Dec, Jan & Feb are becoming a fucking nightmare to organise the boys fitba', looking back to Well Trust days these same months were pretty much a write off for the most part. If the professional game doesn't change the grass roots certainly has to, there aren't enough parks to accommodate everyone trying to fit in games in May cos there's such a backlog built up. We have a natural winter break for the youths cos the pitches aren't up to anything more than an extremely mild winter so for me it's a no brainer to make it official. We don't play any more than 4 games in those 4 months on average, fucking waste of time organising everything knowing full well you have to go through the whole process in reverse when the game is called off. From there it would only be a matter of time before the professionals follow suit.

nonsense.

My opinion is perfectly valid.

Just because you two choose to be stuck in the dark ages is up to you.

Come on folks, who would rather an early kick off to let them do something productive with the rest of the day?

If it ain't broke don't fix it and stop farting about with the kick off times.

Oh it's broke all right, I reckon continually messing about with kick off times won't change it for the better though.

Completely agree, can't do Fridays because of work, don't fancy getting home any later than early Saturday evening for my tea with the family and Sunday's a family day, always has been. If the standard kick off time moved I'd probably wrap it altogether.

It totally depends, of course saturday 3pm is the perfect time which everyone knows and it always used to be at 3pm on Saturday. I really like friday night, WHEN ITS AT HOME, helps me perfectly when coming home from work, however there's nearly no chance that I'll make it to a game away. I sort of don't feel like football on a monday evening so would not be up for it then

I like Friday night, home or away, but only as a novelty alternative a couple of times a season. I'd say one home and one away per team per term. Beyond that, Saturday 3pm is bread and butter.

Oh, and while we're at it- only cup finals and internationals live on TV with a more extensive highlights package of every top flight game on a Saturday night, and get the ticket prices down, a standing area in every ground and scrap both League Cups and bring back the Texaco Cup.

Sorted. Cheers.

• Like 2