Motherwell V Partick Thistle 24/8/13

Yabba's Turd

Why would we change goalie? If anything it's the defence that's letting Hollis down, not the other way round.

I'll be honest, I'm slightly concerned about this one. Thistle are a young, hungry, confident side full of pace and energy all over the pitch. If we aren't careful and play the same one paced, lethargic way we have done recently they could do to us what they did to Ross County in Dingwall.

Hopefully McCall has the team well up for this one, sounds like he tore into them at half time and full time on Saturday. A massive improvement required and I'm looking forward to seeing if McCall can get a reaction out of the team.

2-0 defeat this weekend for me.

Partick look like a good side, this early in the season, and we're just not there yet.

Anier and ZFA will be back in the team, I'd imagine, but I don't know who McCall will bench for them.

We'll win next week though. Just looking for a decent improvement here.

Change the goalie, don't change the goalie makes not a shiny shite of a difference if we can't stop the basic mistakes at every set piece.

Thistle are playing well and have loads of movement that we don't. My biggest worry is they have a few players who will have a point to prove against the very team who got rid of them.

I would take a draw but as always looking for the win at home.drinks.gif we can but dream!

Sorry Yabba hard to tell with some on here always looking for blood.

We do need to change the losing streak and the sooner the better. I just have a horrible feeling Lawless will grab a goal at the weekend. 2-1 the Well showing as 15/2 on bet365 not a bad shout but I would still take the draw.

Dreading this game as we really shouldn't lose to a Partick Thistle side thats spent 10 years in the 1st division at home under any circumstances, but unless a massive change in attitude and the most basic pre-requisites of football are applied then that's exactly what will happen.

Incredibly I would settle for a point if only to stop the rot but can see at least one of Higginbotham, Lawless and Forbes coming back to haunt us.

Thistle looked pretty good against Hearts I thought; way better than anything we've strung together so far.

Hopefully McCall has sorted everything out but we hoped that 2 defeats ago.

Several players deserved dropped (not Hollis I might add but I would prefer to go with Neilsen) but I can't see that happening.

Rightly or wrongly, if we lose this one I'm pressing the panic button!

Simple, play with the same formation and tactics as we have the last 3games Thistle will pass it round us and give us a humping.

Change the team philosophy to something which actually tries to threaten the opposition goal and we will at least see a positive performance.

Hoping it all clicks and we leather them, scared McCall keeps with the formula of the last few games and we take another defeat

Thoroughly looking forward to this game for no other reason than its someone different to play.

Impossible to say how the game will go. Can only hope some serious work on the training ground this week pays off

Dreading this game as we really shouldn't lose to a Partick Thistle side thats spent 10 years in the 1st division at home under any circumstances.

We're not playing a Partick Thistle side that's spent 10 years in the 1st division. We are playing a Partick Thistle that won the 1st division and has outplayed every team in the SPL that it's come up against so far. The team of 8 or 9 years ago has nothing to do with this one.

Some of the younger posters might not have much memory of Partick Thistle at Fir Park but they have always been a bit of a bogey side for us, especially at Fir Park. On the up side though they seem to have had trouble translating dominating the play into goals, they really ought to have beaten Dundee Utd and Hearts and failed to do so.

I don't think we can afford another poor performance. First of all if we do play poorly we will probably lose but more importantly I think when you have this many poor performances back to back it is very difficult to get player attitude and confidence up for games as they go into a psychological rut.

We need the players to raise it for this one, otherwise that will be 8 poor performances in a row (only the fact that we beat Hibs made the performance palatable) and that does not bode well.

I forecast this will be the game that McFadden will come to life, don't ask me why, just have that feeling.

I can't remember who mentioned it previously but he did sign off first time around with a double against Thistle and whilst that ofcourse has sod all bearing on Saturday, there was always a strong dislike for Faddy from their fans that I'm sure they'll pick right back up on Saturday.

I can actually see that being an extra wee spur that will see him begin to come good once again.

3-2 Motherwell. McFadden double and one from Vigurs to open his account.