Motherwell V Partick Thistle 24/8/13

Yabba's Turd

Its not stupid mistakes thats stopping us winning, its lack of an attacking force

to be fair though mate we were in a winning position against aberdeen until a defence howler,i agree about the lack of attacking force which is a big problem for us right now

........,,......Nielsen

..Ramsden, McManus Hutchinson Hammell

Kerr,,,,...................................,,,, Francis Angol

,,,,,....Lawson,,,.... Lasley,,,...Carswell

,,.........Anier

Good enough for a night out in Russia , good enough for an SPL game in Motherwell

and if the Boss allows them to venture in to the oppositions half, probably more of a threat than in any other game

to be fair though mate we were in a winning position against aberdeen until a defence howler,i agree about the lack of attacking force which is a big problem for us right now

Aye but even in that game, we didnt attack them for the remaining 89 mins after they scored. Cutting out mistakes will help us not get beat, its not going to help us go out and win games

Its not stupid mistakes thats stopping us winning, its lack of an attacking force

I don't disagree, but good teams are built from the back. The goals we gave away to ICT and Aberdeen were pretty soft (not to mention our European efforts).

Of course, the lack of cutting edge means we are more reliant on good defending, but if we are only going to score one (or none) then the defence needs to step up until we get our attacking sorted out.

Aye but even in that game, we didnt attack them for the remaining 89 mins after they scored. Cutting out mistakes will help us not get beat, its not going to help us go out and win games

When you aren't playing well, not getting beat is where you need to start.

start of the season confidence 90% after hibs 70% after the dons 60% after caley 20% if we dont beat partick thistle im gonna be worried. normally i hate the fir park doom merchants but id take a draw right now with open arms and if we cannae get a grip and beat thistle then who are we gonnae beat

I am a glass half full kind a guy - most of the time.

Partick have started well, but do not get the fear on here. We have not played that well, but I still feel that we will click at some point. The defense will cut out the mistakes, or we will not be punished for every other one.

Vigurs and Faddy will come on to a game.

We are not going to repeat what we have done the past 2 years, but we will get better.

We deserved little from either the Dons or ICT game but in both we had a soft penalty given against us and a stonewaller not given. Either way we would only have been a goal behind instead of 2. Probably would have made no difference, but you never know..

Keep the faith - we are still in the top 6 :-) :-)

:lol: The furious wanking going on about Lawless/Forbes/Higginbotham potentially scoring.

No potential about it, it's an absolute certainty. whistling.gif

It's an unwritten law that ex-players always come back and haunt their former clubs. I reckon Lawless, Forbes and Higginbotham will all get on the score sheet, to produce the best wanking threesome witnessed since Tommy Sheridan and Billy Davis last went to Cupids. ph34r.gif1Davybhoyssmiley.gif2ph34r.gifDavybhoyssmiley.gif3ph34r.gifDavybhoyssmiley.gif I only hope that we score four, to make any wanking celebration a little bit premature. evilgrin.gif

I'm almost now at the stage now where I'd take a draw at home to Partick, which is ridiculous, but the fact remains that in the five competitive games we've played we haven't been close to good enough in any of them.

Yep, I've had this thought too but if you look at who Thistle have played:

United - been dreadful in two games, did OK against Hibs until lost a man and then fell apart against the worst team in the league. Nothing special.

Ross County - did OK for five minutes against Celtic then backs to wall, only luck saved them a doing, humped by Thistle, humped by St Johnstone

Hearts - good luck saved them a hiding from Saints, lucky to beat a rotten Hibs team and nicked a scarcely deserved point from Thistle.

So they have two more points than us having played some of the league's cannon fodder and we have played two of the best three teams outwith Celtic. I suspect the situation isn't as grave as we feel, it is just we are so used to success. Not saying it will be pretty, not saying we will suddenly be at last season's level but every chance we can win this one.

• Like 1

Merit in what Tweed has said. Aberdeen are functioning well for the first time in a while, Terry's built on what he had and St. Johnstone are doing the same.

The in's and out's was very optimistic as to what we could expect as the club announced the new signings despite the decimation of last years starting line up. The retention of a manager who has won the majority over and highly regarded for his achievements with us, the adding of internationalists McManus and McFadden to join Hammell, Vigurs and Lawson who were instrumental in helping County reach top 6 status last year to replace Law plus Carswell and ZFA stepping up and showing encouraging improvement all boded well.

For me, there's been too many basic errors and undue pressure as a result of those errors and a midfield that just isn't functioning. It's been a common comment all through pre-season till ICT mostly from McCall himself in the MFCTV interviews. There's been a host of undue criticism of McFadden and Hollis in particular. He doesn't have the same physical presence and possibly doesn't inspire the guys ahead of him with as much confidence as Randolph or Ruddy did, maybe that has a bearing, however I can't think of any of the goals scored against us so far that he's really been culpable. OK, a few jittery moments with passbacks and decision making, but he's played 5 first team games in 4 years, give the guy a break.

As for the talisman not performing, in the game he played in last year he entered a team that had been moulded over time that was comfortable with players such as Law, who was on the same anticipation wavelength and Ojamaa who could would run and run to get to his flicks and through balls.

Sutton isn't getting any service, he's a back to goal striker who knows how to milk refs for fouls. I'd love it for once if we found someone who could make the keeper work for 2 out of 3 free kicks we have in these dangerous places.

For me, I see an extra special bollocking this week in training, resolve from a group of players who know they are under performing and a few ex players looking to make a point for letting them go resulting in a 2-1 win for us.

Bear in mind England still can't get Gerrard and Lampard to compliment each other.

• Like 3

Folk settling for a point at home against Partick Thistle. Oh my changed days indeed. When the fixtures are first announced this is one of the games you count on getting 3 points from to have any chance of top 6 & really if we can't beat Partick Thistle at home then top 6 might just not be on this year.

IMO if we play like we have been we will get beat & well beaten at that but if we get the finger out & play like we are interested then we will win this game.

Folk settling for a point at home against Partick Thistle. Oh my changed days indeed.

Thistle are an average SPFL side with players who know and work hard for each other. With a settled side I would be expecting to beat them at Fir Park by at least two clear goals. Although going by what I have witnessed so far, a draw is the best we can expect. Hopefully it will all click into place on Saturday and Faddy, Vigurs & Co.will show just why we signed them. However, if the worst happens, I fear that this site could go into meltdown. help.gif 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...angry2.gif

• Like 1