Motherwell V Partick Thistle 24/8/13

Yabba's Turd

Motherwell: Hollis, Hammell, Ramsden, Hutchinson, McManus, McFadden, Sutton, Lasley, Franci-Angol, Carswell, Anier

Motherwell subs: Nielsen, Lawson, Vigurs, Cummins, McHugh, Kerr, Moore

Partick Thistle: Fox, O'Donnell, Taylor-Sinclair, Muirhead, Balatoni, Craigen, Bannigan, Doolan, Lawless, Osbourne, Fraser

Partick Thistle subs: Gallagher, Forbes, Piccolo, Elliot, Baird, Kerr, Higginbotham

Im sorry, but that's nonsense.

Unglamorous, yes but a very tidy player.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense,

he has gave the ball away which has led to conceded goals in a number of games by over playing.

somewhere in the middle of the polar opposite opinions, and with game time will be a very good motherwell player.

but then so will Carswell, with game time.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense,

he has gave the ball away which has led to conceded goals in a number of games by over playing.

somewhere in the middle of the polar opposite opinions, and with game time will be a very good motherwell player.

but then so will Carswell, with game time.

He caught my eye for actually retaining possession and finding a man the vast majority of the time.

As you say, just polar opinions, which is fair enough.

Scary second half, we were hanging on for the last half hour or so and I'm sure many a finger nail was bitten!

First half I thought Partick were quite poor and we were the better team in a half that didn't really catch fire.

Second half though Partick were a different side and had us pinned back for long periods and as mentioned there was so hair raising moments.

We could have made it a much easier watch if we'd taken one of the various break away changes we had, Lasley should have made it 2-0 and McFadden could have done a lot better on a number of occasions.

Not a great performance but happy with 3 points, debatable if we deserved full points from the match.

Not a great performance but its 3 points. We look short of fitness and aren't moving the ball quickly enough. Anier worked very hard and his run out to the wing created space for the goal. Faddy had a few chances but at least this week he was getting in to the right areas.

Just in - some opinions

- we defended very well today I thought, Hutchinson in particular.

- first half Lasley and Carswell bossed the midfield, didn't seem to be coincidence that when carswell went off, Bannigan got a lot more time on the ball. Despite being a fud for playing on after carswells injury, I thought bannigan looked like an excellent player.

- I like Anier more and more every week - until he went off I thought hr was our best player - constantly running, chasing and harassing but who can actually make things happen on the ball - great work for the goal. Sutton actually played pretty well in his heid the ball down role. Anier looked pretty gutted to be taken off, and no wonder

- I find myself repeating this again and again but ZFA offers absolutely nothing. He can't beat a man, he seems unwilling to run into space, he doesn't put a foot in and he gave the ball away numerous times. Ok he will be credited with Suttons assist but apart from one pass he was rank rotten.

- despite being happy at the win, we would have conceded at least one in the last 20 minutes against a better side.

All in all a good 3 points but a lot of work still to do.