Livingston V Motherwell 25/9/13

Tweed

Billy Dodds on telly:

"Now Celtic's out I see Inverness doing it this year"

Well Billy I doff my cap to your punditry, motivated purely by the current league table. Inspired!

He is a total fud, talking pish every time he opened his mouth...with his partner pundit Houston not much better,they are 2 cheeks of the same arse.

We got the job done and that's all that really matters in the end, not a great performance where we never really got out of 1st gear but we were never really in any danger and Gunnar never had a save to make.

Boab poached another goal but his overall performance wasn't enough to usurp Anier or Sutton for Saturday in my opinion. Lawson done some good things and some not so good things although he was generally solid. Lasley will certainly be back in for Saturday though. Ainsworth for me was good in patches but he was very wasteful and passed up two glorious chances either side of Livi's goal to put the tie to bed. Although he put in a good cross for Faddy's goal, and what a finish, individual brilliance from McFadden. A real touch of class. You could also see the relief in his celebration, hopefully he can kick on from here.

We were fairly pedestrian however once Livi went down to ten we had numerous chances to rack up a few goals but a combination of bad finishing and good goalkeeping kept them in it. We were never in any real danger even after they scored. However we have to start taking our chances or it's going to come back and bite us on the arse soon.

But not tonight, never got out of 1st gear but we're in the next round and that's all that matters.

First and foremost pleased to be through.

Made five changes and didn't really need to get out first gear to secure passage to the next round. Shame about the defensive lapse at the death taking a little of the shine off it, as otherwise the back four were in complete command with McManus in particular absolutely strolling through the game.

Good to see Bob score and even more so delighted to see Faddy off the mark too. You really hope that will be the spur that will see him kick on now. Looked a lovely finish, with a deft touch of the boot to see it home.

Crowd was announced as 1600 odd at the end, I'd wager the majority were visiting fans and the Bois were in great form as usual.

• Like 1

Chuffed to be through and see Faddy get the monkey off his back in typical fashion but we were far from impressive.

Nobody really stood out but at least we grinded it out against a nippy Livi side. Can't imagine Lawson ever playing well in a 442.

Bright spot for me was the brief outing for Moore. Hopefully he moves ahead of McHugh in the pecking order soon.

I think "workmanlike" is about as good as you could describe the performance.

Pleased to be through but disappointed that Lawson and McHugh in particular didnt seize their opportunities to make a claim for a place.

Ainsworth looks like he is going to be a goid addition.

Lasley, Sutton and Anier all straight back into the team at the weekend.

Pleased to be through but disappointed that Lawson and McHugh in particular didnt seize their opportunities to make a claim for a place.

I was playing a game of count how many times Lawson won the ball back, I only started doing it because he had done it three times in the first couple of minutes. I have up when he won it for the twelfth time after about 20 minutes. Not saying he was outstandingly brilliant but I actually thought he had a very good game.

McCall made the four changes I wanted him to make and added in McHugh for Anier. Good result, professionally done. Bit annoyed at the way we defended the corner at the end but overall very content.

Very pleased with tonight's result. If we get a home draw in the next round then who knows what we could do!

Picking out a few players I thought big gunner was poor with his kicking but didn't have anything else to do.

Lawson has a phenomenal eye for a pass and fights like mad to win the ball back.

Carswell had another good 90 minutes and seems to be getting stronger with every game.

McFadden was brilliant in terms of picking the ball up and starting an attacking play. His goal was a touch of class

All in all a good night. Bring on the next round!

It's amazing how folk see the game differently as always.

Some saying Lawson was poor, others saying he had a great game.

I'm with the latter. I thought he was probably our best player.

McHugh should have been instantly hooked for his dreadful decision making 2nd half when he refused to play Faddy in with a simple pass, opting to go for a wild shot. On saying that Ainsworth was guilty of similar on a few occasions.

We were comfortable for the most part, without having to exert ourselves.

Terrible display from our bus company doing the juke while the game was still on leaving about 80 boys stranded in Livingston. Cracking atmosphere and a decent perforance, Morton at home next please.

What happened with that? How did everyone get home? Any truth in the vandalism announcement?

What happened with that? How did everyone get home? Any truth in the vandalism announcement?

Taxis, trains and the generosity o some 'well fans got everybody home.

The truth was some bams tashed the window with a brick as the bus drove up through newarthill, the driver seemed happy to take us to the game, told us he'd pick us up afterwards and well... didn't.