Motherwell V Hearts 19/10/13

Yabba's Turd

We're back from the international break and Stuart McCall is still our manager, looks like we're all moaned out regarding the Celtic non-performance and Jim Gannon is still quietly selling bangers in Manchester.

This is a game we must win, the honeymoon for Hearts pulling together is over and they are settling in to being a bottom six team.

Don't know if Faddy is fit yet.

With Hibs playing Celtic, and Aberdeen and United playing each other, there is an opportunity for us to open up a wee gap on those behind us.

After the international break giving us the chance to regroup after the not-so-unexpected defeat at Parkhead, I'd be disappointed if the three points don't stay with us.

No great changes in the team i hope. Ainsworth to start on the right. Faddy and ZFA can fight for the left hand side slot

I tend to be on the cautious side when making predictions but I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't win this one.

Obviously Hearts have a very young team at the moment and their form isn't great, 5 games without a win and 4 defeats and haven't scored too many goals.

Their away form is even worse, they have only won once away from home in 18 matches, more than a whole calendar year.

I won't be expecting a thrashing but I think we should be going out to get all the points from this one.

i'd give faddy a chance here if he's fit to play, this is the most straightforward game we'll get for a while and we need to see whether he can be trusted at perth and in the cup game.

we should be looking to knock a few past hearts and put down a marker that we are taking 9 points off them before they depart to the lower leagues. big sutty to move ahead of the entire hearts squad combined in the spfl goalscoring charts.

• Like 1

Is this game likely to have a pay at the gate option? I have a mate over visiting from New Zealand who would love to see a game while he is back in the UK. He is due to get on Saturday so I was thinking about bringing him to Fir Park if he gets here with enough time to spare.

Is this game likely to have a pay at the gate option? I have a mate over visiting from New Zealand who would love to see a game while he is back in the UK. He is due to get on Saturday so I was thinking about bringing him to Fir Park if he gets here with enough time to spare.

Fir Park is always pay at the gate unless it's against Celtic/Rangers or a big European game

Think if we approach the game the same way as StMidden did then we shouldn't have any problems beating a very young Hearts team. As said above, youthful exuberance can only take them so far in a match, and by all accounts saints went about their job in a seasoned professional way and it was a game of men against boys. It was a real body blow for hertz as they are now well adrift; they don't have anyone in their dressing room to galvanise and motivate these young lads as they are short on experienced pros. Think we will win with big Sutty showing them what he can do when played when played properly.

I expect we'll either hammer them or be in a real struggle for the three points. As others have said they'll be full of enthusiasm but that on its own isn't enough to win Premier League points.

If we can dampen that spirit and take our chances it'll be a very good day. If not then we'll gave to go some to even win.

Team wise I think we need to restore the Sutton-Anier partnership, although this may mean we're outnumbered in midfield against their likely 4-5-1. With that in mind perhaps a 3-5-2 might work for us on Saturday.

Hollis

Hutchinson McManus Hammell

Ramsden Lasley Carswell Francis-Angol

McFadden

Sutton Anier

With the likes of Ainsworth and McHugh available from the bench we should have enough to win. Well by three.

I think we'll win this with a couple of goals to spare....Shit i've just remembered how pish my predictions were last season. :laugh:I too am wondering if Faddy is fit now if he aint there's no point in playing him. Did Annier make it through his country's games ok?.Hopefully he did and hopefully he scores again. :cheers:

I recollect that in our season in administration and were similarly flush with youngsters, it tended to be the teams at the top of the league we tended to do better against. Not least a certain midweek fixture against the dirty Jambos themselves.

All at Tynecastle ofcourse but they've taken points against Hibs in the derby, Champions League winners elect Aberdeen and Utd so it illustrates they can be troublesome on their day.

I'm hoping however that with the considerable nous and experience in our team, and the John Sutton effect, we'll know how to handle this one and that maximum points will remain in Lanarkshire.