Motherwell V Hearts 19/10/13

Yabba's Turd

Just watched the SPFL highlights on YouTube there.

Great strike from Moore and five minutes well spent for those that think Vigurs does nothing

I don't think anyone is saying 'Vigurs does nothing'. He is clearly a talented footballer. Great touch, crosser of the ball and got a trick or two BUT he dithers on the ball and often wants too much time and he doesn't offer much defensively....two aspects of his game which make him a frustrating player at times. If he can work on the latter he could be a real quality player.

Hope we see more of Moore! Best first touch ever?

I was in a plane somewhere over London yesterday when Moore and Hutchinson were doing the business. Good to see the result when I landed.

Sounds like the kind of game that a few seasons ago we'd have lost. Dominated possession, somehow find ourselves a goal down. Last few seasons though, we seem to have developed a degree of resilience. What's impressive is that we seem to have that same quality with a vastly different lineup. Whether that comes from the manager or the mentality of senior players, I don't know. Even if it is the players, the manager deserves credit for bringing in guys with the right attitude.

As regards criticism of the team, of course people are entitled to point out weaknesses in the team or areas they feel can be improved. But to suggest there's a litany of problems is utter nonsense.

In the summer we lost our strikeforce (including the league's top scorer), the entire right side of our team, our most creative midfielder and our goalkeeper. And people are complaining that we're maybe not as fluid as last season? Get real. We're still finding a way to win games.

Even yesterday, we were missing our first choice keeper (no matter your opinion of Hollis, it's a fact), our two most obvious choices for the right wing were out, it wasn't happening for our first choice strikers and we still found a way to win.

As others have said, these are good times. If you can't enjoy this, there's something wrong with you...

• Like 4

In the summer we lost our strikeforce (including the league's top scorer), the entire right side of our team, our most creative midfielder and our goalkeeper. And people are complaining that we're maybe not as fluid as last season? Get real. We're still finding a way to win games.

We haven't played as well as at the end of last season but I'd say we are playing better than we started last season.

With quite large scale changes to the team during the summer I think that's pretty incredible.

After the first round of matches last season we had 16 points. With a game still to play this term we have 19 points.

With confidence and more games, I'm sure we will gel better and play good football more consistently instead of in patches as we are currently but even if that doesn't happen we'd have very little to complaint about if we maintain the same level of form.

• Like 1

Check the players reactions after both goals. They're all going absolutely mental!! Love to see that.

Ramsden was talking about the team spirit in the match programme. It's good to see and I reckon a big part of our recent success.

Guys like Hammell and Lasley are gold, not just on the field but off it as well.

• Like 1

I will repeat. We lost 6/11 first team players last season. Yet still some people seem surprised that we are not playing fluently?

To be sitting third only 4 points behind Celtic with all their resources, is remarkable at this stage.

To be honest, after seeing who was leaving during the summer I was bracing myself for a battle to make the top six this season. Anything over and above that is a bonus in my eyes, so we're sitting very pretty at present I think.

Vigurs was mince in the first but was easy the best for me in the second. ZFA had a nightmare but tbh it wont do him any harm to learn how it feels When things ante going your way. Pleased for moore to get the goal, some first touch that's for sure. Personally think wee boab is looking more confident, others are quick to run him down but I think he will come good given the chance and I dont think a loan spell would do him any harm.lawson looks good coming of the bench but would stick with carswell as he is shaping up to be a cracking player. Sutton seems to be better in the air than he was last time he was here and doeant fall on his arse every two minutes which really use to wind me up.