St.johnstone V Motherwell 27/10/13

Yabba's Turd

Utterly unprofessional approach to today's game.

Few months back, 3 players don't get on a plane for a European tie to focus on a league game with Aberdeen. Today, we don't give a 100% in a league game to focus on a cup game with Aberdeen.

For all the good things McCall does, he is incapable of striking the right balance in the run-up to a big game.

McCall to blame without a doubt. Changed formation back to the shite that saw us have a pish start to the season it just doesn't work. Can't play 4 central midfielders. McHugh is a waste of a jersey but wasn't the only one.

Surely we cant EVER play with Lawson and Vigours in the team at the same time again. Garbage today. Keeper was a nightmare... :wallbash: But really poor all round. Why Ainsworth,Zfa and Annier were left out is baffling. We dont have a good enough squad to leave these guys out. <_>

Why is Lawson getting abuse? I was there and he was our best midfielder. Rarely gave the ball away, won tackles got a few interceptions and hit some lovely passes. Was better than Lasley and especially Carswell who was rotten. As was Vigurs.

I thought Lawson done his job well. Sadly the formation and 'tactics' from McCall were atrocious and we offered nothing in an attacking sense.

• Like 1

Actually thought McHugh was decent in the parts of the game I saw. Won a few free kicks, picked up the ball and tried to bring others into play. He and Sutton were feeding off scraps.

For me, midfield balance was the problem. We seem to have signed Vigurs with no real thought as to how we could use him. Angol is by no means the finished article but if he's the best option we have to offer width, he has to play.

Despite that, we only lost by two goals. And two cheap ones at that. Better defending sees an atrocious 0-0 achieved...

Actually thought McHugh was decent in the parts of the game I saw. Won a few free kicks, picked up the ball and tried to bring others into play. He and Sutton were feeding off scraps.

Agreed. If I had to pick a MotM, and thank god I only pick them for games I actually attend, McHugh would be one of the contenders.

The midfield was absolutely shocking today and so was the defence.

A goalkeeping howler was inevitable today due to the conditions. Maybe if we'd put them under as much pressure it would have been their guy instead of ours.

Hasselbank ran us ragged......just like Boab did to them :whistling:

Tactics were pants Easton had the whole length of the park to run into the whole first half ........lucky to go in level

A bit of bottle from the defender ..ie get yer head near the ball would have prevented the first goal....

second goal......:santaclaus:

Hopefully "tactics" were keeping Wednesday in mind :spiteful:

Not only the worst performance of the season but the worst of many a season. Can't remember the last time we were that bad.

So many bad individual performances on the pitch it would be unfair to to single any one player out.

The blame for the shambles I just forked out 22 quid for lies squarely at McCalls door for that non fucking entity of a formation!

The team lining up like that was never going to cause any team in the league any problems.

I only hope Anier, Ainsworth and Angol were carrying knocks otherwise there is no justification for what we just witnessed.

As someone said earlier "frighteningly bad".

• Like 3

with st johnstones problems in central defence we should have been gone there and having a real go at them especially with 2nd place up for grabs,so for mccall to pick a team that had no width,pace or movement in it is baffling.serious improvement needed for midweek or we can forget it

Shite game with almost nobody gaining pass marks today I'm afraid. Hopefully that's us got it out our system and McCall will boot a few baws and get them gee'd up for midweek.

Including his own !!!!!

According to BBC

St Johnstone moved into the top half of the Scottish Premiership with a convincing win over Motherwell.

Stevie May forced in a close-range shot after the break as the Perth side dominated from start to finish.......blah blah blah

Aye, we've got two shite keepers.

One of who has conceded fewer goals and made more clean sheets in his opening ten league games this season than Randolph (widely regarded as our greatest ever keeper over the last 500 years) had in the opening ten last year.

Aye. Pure shite.

• Like 2

Well that wasn't very good at all was it!!

Interesting team selection to begin with. Was it with a view to Aberdeen on Wednesday? Players not quite 100% and an acknowledgement that some of aren't up to three games in a week? Was SM hoping it would be enough to eek out a point?

Certainly it left us very one paced and lacking in the ability to make any great headway when attacking and a bit like at Parkhead the other week once we had conceded the strategy looked to be redundant.

We'd rode our luck a little to that point yet had Sutton put away his header it might have been different.

A reasonable enough response to going behind before the pantomime that was their second goal.

Judging by Nielsen's display today it surely puts to bed the myth that he is somehow a wholly more commanding keeper than Hollis. The more we see the more the two appear to be much of a muchness.

Unfortunate that we didn't get an avenue back into the game with the penalty claim from Lawson's shot. Certainly the replay on Alba showed it to be a more than fair shout. I thought his reaction was poor though after it. He ran about with a petted lip, should have been booked for a late tackle and then stupidly got booked about 30 seconds later.

All in all pretty shite really.

But as ever some perspective required before the toys get thrown out the pram. A look at their home record confirms its a difficult place to go albeit I felt we could have given it a much better fist of it than we did. A win on Wednesday and this will be all be forgotten.

Can anyone think of a slower starting 11 in the history of football? Don't understand why we didn't have some pace in the team, far too pedestrian and was always going to be like that. Mark Yardley would've looked like Usain Bolt in that team today!

Hopefully Anier and Lionel are back on Wednesday.