• Paul Lawson
    • Keith Lasley
    • John Sutton
    • Henri Anier
    • Zaine Francis-Angol
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Bob McHugh
    • The increasingly popular... Null Vote

A difficult choice for all the wrong reasons.

Nielsen - had a nightmare, never looked comfortable (4)

Ramsden - pumped too many balls into the box, partly due to not being willing to attack, partly due to Ainsworth poor positional play. (5)

Hutchinson - Had hardly anything to do, got ripped for the second goal, would like to see the first goal as well as I didn't see who Considine beat in the air. (?)

McManus - See above. (?)

Hammell - lacked mobility and passing was poor. (5)

Lawson - thought he started well but unraveled pretty quickly. (4)

Lasley - not his best game as there was no midfield battle to win and the game was all in front of him (5)

Francis Angol - going through a bad spell, still better than Ainsworth though (5)

Carswell - another young player who's form has dropped off, maybe needs a rest (4)

Anier - didn't get into the box often enough, ineffective (5)

Sutton - frustrating match, well marshalled by Dons defence (5)

Ainsworth - dire performance (4)

McHugh - very little impact (2)

No one really deserves it. I'm not voting until I see the highlights, particularly the first goal in better detail.

A difficult choice for all the wrong reasons.

Nielsen - had a nightmare, never looked comfortable (4)

Ramsden - pumped too many balls into the box, partly due to not being willing to attack, partly due to Ainsworth poor positional play. (5)

Hutchinson - Had hardly anything to do, got ripped for the second goal, would like to see the first goal as well as I didn't see who Considine beat in the air. (?)

McManus - See above. (?)

Hammell - lacked mobility and passing was poor. (5)

Lawson - thought he started well but unraveled pretty quickly. (4)

Lasley - not his best game as there was no midfield battle to win and the game was all in front of him (5)

Francis Angol - going through a bad spell, still better than Ainsworth though (5)

Carswell - another young player who's form has dropped off, maybe needs a rest (4)

Anier - didn't get into the box often enough, ineffective (5)

Sutton - frustrating match, well marshalled by Dons defence (5)

Ainsworth - dire performance (4)

McHugh - very little impact (2)

No one really deserves it. I'm not voting until I see the highlights, particularly the first goal in better detail.

You must watch a different game to me as I think you're being extremely harsh on Ainsworth . To me he looked like the one player who actually might create something for us. He hit at least three cracking crosses, two of which flashed right across the six yard box and nobody in a Motherwell shirt looked interested. There's nothing more that he could do than that. His set piece delivery was spot on again as well.

When it became apparent he was our biggest threat Aberdeen started to double up on him and if you looked you could see Reynolds shift over in behind Hayes every time he got the ball to shut down the space . What with our slow build up play we never in my opinion fired the ball into his feet quickly enough to get him running one on one with Hayes with space in behind. Instead Lasley would have the whole game in front of him with plenty of space before slowing the game down and by the time Ainsworth had the ball the Aberdeen team were sitting deep back in their shape and it became difficult to break them down.

He did fizzle it out slightly after a promising first 20 mins or so but I think you have to give Aberdeen and Mcinnes credit for seeing the danger and reacting to it.. I only wish our manager was as quick to react in such situations.

After being unsure to begin with I've started to warm to Ainsworth and we would definitely be in my starting line up for Sunday.

You must watch a different game to me as I think you're being extremely harsh on Ainsworth . To me he looked like the one player who actually might create something for us. He hit at least three cracking crosses, two of which flashed right across the six yard box and nobody in a Motherwell shirt looked interested. There's nothing more that he could do than that. His set piece delivery was spot on again as well.

When it became apparent he was our biggest threat Aberdeen started to double up on him and if you looked you could see Reynolds shift over in behind Hayes every time he got the ball to shut down the space . What with our slow build up play we never in my opinion fired the ball into his feet quickly enough to get him running one on one with Hayes with space in behind. Instead Lasley would have the whole game in front of him with plenty of space before slowing the game down and by the time Ainsworth had the ball the Aberdeen team were sitting deep back in their shape and it became difficult to break them down.

He did fizzle it out slightly after a promising first 20 mins or so but I think you have to give Aberdeen and Mcinnes credit for seeing the danger and reacting to it.. I only wish our manager was as quick to react in such situations.

After being unsure to begin with I've started to warm to Ainsworth and we would definitely be in my starting line up for Sunday.

You are clearly a football visionary sir! Pretty much said exactly the same thing in the match thread.

You are clearly a football visionary sir! Pretty much said exactly the same thing in the match thread.

And a fine post it was. Agreed with a lot of it.

I think our biggest problem tonight was actually in the middle of the park to be honest, rather than the wide men. They're basically always an easy target. However tonight we had three central midfielders who, despite generally having a bit of space and time were quite content with going sideways and passing the buck as it where creativity wise and were guilty of basically (slowly)giving the ball to the wide men and going 'do something with it'.

There was no tempo to a lot of our passing, no one to dictate the game. Nobody to take the ball in, to drive forward and to prompt and to probe the opposition defence with 1-2's or to try and play the killer passes between defenders. Was almost a walking pace at times, side to side, in to out and then an aimless punt into the box. Which suited Aberdeen down to the ground, they were more than happy to deal with our aimless balls from deep melted towards no one.

The only time, to me anyway, that we looked vaguely threatening in the 2nd half was when Ainsworth first came on and he seemed to be asking a few questions with his pace and a few of his aforementioned crosses before Aberdeen reshuffled and nullified him, albeit aided by our chronic slow build up play.

The lack of creativity in our team tonight was criminal and Ainsworth was far from the worst offender tonight if you ask me.

For a winger to receive the ball from the right back and then pump a ball into the box from just over the half way line when he had space to run into is inexcusable to me. He did this, or close to it, on multiple occasions.

Also there were a number of ocassions when Ramsden brought the ball out was looking for the forward pass to Ainsworth down the right and Ainsworth wasn't even there forcing Ramsden to go 10 - 15 yards into the opposition box and then pump another of those useless high balls into the box. That's not good enough for a winger in a match were we had very little chance of playing down the middle.

A winger sticks to the line, makes him self available for out balls and gets down to the corners. He didn't do that 80% of his match time.