Hearts V Motherwell 11/1/14

postiejim

Faddy built on his performance from Firhill and generally pulled the strings from his preferred position. Tad wasteful in possession at times but he's back to beating players with ease and executing defence splitting passes. Him and Vigurs are showing signs of developing an understanding.

While Sutton scored the winner, I think we'd have won more comfortably if we had Anier running in behind and making space for Faddy.

How did McFadden play?

Thought he played really well, definitely looking like he's getting back to the form he showed at the end of last season.

Looked like he took a knock in the second half though, hopefully nothing major, he played on for a bit after before being replaced by Anier.

That Vigurs pass(to Ainsworth) was sensational, thought he was really good today. Always put his foot on the ball, always calm and composed when others around him were panicking and rarely wasted possession. Also yet another assist. Never hid I've always been a big fan of his and was delighted when we signed him and I'm delighted he's really beginning to show his quality as a Motherwell player. Also thought Faddy played well until he began to tire but don't think him and Sutton played that well as a partnership today. Thought we missed Anier's movement up front. Sutton was quite poor I thought but he worked hard and got his goal.

Lasley and Carswell had good games, Ainsworth was our biggest threat and could have had a hat-trick and big Hutch was immense at the back and my man of the match. Gunnar gives me the fear but he's paid to keep the ball out the net and I suppose he did that, although he was somewhat fortunate on several occasions. Would really love Twardzik back as he exudes so much more confidence.

Thought we played some lovely stuff in the first hour or so but failed to kill Hearts off and let them back into it. Still, we dug in and ground out another win and another clean sheet.

Well done once again to McCall and the team.

We're on a brilliant run winning 6 in a row and you want to complain about bangers?

They aren't "fireworks" either, they produce no heat, aren't flammable and don't cause any damage. I can see the argument against flares/smokebombs but literally the only thing produced from the bangers is a noise.

Jesus.get a grip,

• Like 2

We're on a brilliant run winning 6 in a row and you want to complain about bangers?

They aren't "fireworks" either, they produce no heat, aren't flammable and don't cause any damage. I can see the argument against flares/smokebombs but literally the only thing produced from the bangers is a noise.

Flares/smoke bombs/bangers who gives a feck what they are or what effect they have..why do people feel the need to bring them to a game. Why not just turn up, support the team and enjoy the footie FFS, wiithout risking getting chucked out or lifted.

• Like 1

Jesus wept, the authorities are desperate to clamp down on the flares/fireworks pish...but he ho its only a noise maker ...fuck me you cretin

Vigurs was at the heart of almost every decent attack of ours yesterday he had 3-4 world class passes and his link up with Faddy is starting to look the business.

I understand he doesn't track back as much but tbh that's why we have both Las and Carsy in the midfield. It's why it worked for County as he had Brittain and Lawson to cover his arse. Give him the ball in the oppos half and he will hurt them. That's why he is a creative midfielder and not a defensive midfielder.

I make it almost a goal a game assist in our 6 game winning streak and plenty other chances created but still folk where giving him a hard time yesterday!!!

Yesterday was one of those win ugly games you need if you want to be successful and we did but with a bit of class thrown in. Happy days.

The boy will never escape that. Unfortunately he's one of the chosen ones. Grudging. Acceptance when it goes well, no mercy when it doesn't.

What a phenomenal run by us though. Here's hoping we hit Parkhead next week in the right fram of mind, while the 'too good for Scottish fitba mob' still think they're on their Turkish jolly.

I watched the game on Alba and thought Faddy had a great game wee passes linking up play was great, I thought we missed him when he went off. Vigurs also played really well although still room for improvement.

I hate to say it but Neilsen looks terrible I know he got a clean sheet but always seems to make more saves with legs and body than hands, his decision to come off his line is most worrying and thought he would have learned from Perth but he might improve after a few games

In Neilsen, we've now got a keeper who at nearly 7ft doesn't come for crosses and doesn't boss the box or his defence. He has week wrists and hands which explains the lack of catches and the piss poor parries he makes. The 2 central boys clearly don't trust him or his judgement(see above jaunt into no mans land). A big lad like that should scare the living day lights out of everyone around him but he doesn't... Fair play, he made a couple of good stops yesterday, but for me his cons far outweight his pros. I hope SMC busts a gut to get Hollis operated on and Dan back on loan..

we should have won by two or three and hung on a bit in the end. Faddy ran the first half and John Sutton did the business again. Ian Vigurs had his best game for us and the whole squad worked hard. Willie Collum was inconsistent , giving free kicks one way but not the other and missed a couple of things very close to him.

Fair support through and gave good backing to the team.

Something's just come back to me about yesterday. I'm kinda hanging myself out to dry here a wee bit if If I've got this wrong but......

..were my ears deceiving me or did we really have a 5 minute strong Henri Anier song going based around Gina G's Ooh Ahh Just a Little Bit towards the end of the game?

• Like 1

1389518094[/url]' post='403597']

The boy will never escape that. Unfortunately he's one of the chosen ones. Grudging. Acceptance when it goes well, no mercy when it doesn't.

He's the epitome of the languid trequartista, which means yer average baying work rate/get it up the park punter isny going to appreciate him unfortunately. I do appreciate a quality playmaking pass myself, and Vigurs can be top drawer in this regard.

As modern fooballers go vigurs is very very slow to press, easily the worst in our team and yesterday was no different. This is a big problem with his game and it becomes more apparent against decent opposition rather than the hearts youth team. I don't think he is lazy, but he doesn't seem switched on half the time and mentally and physically he is a sluggish player even by spl standards. It is a straightforward and reasonable observation and the fact he can also deliver quality through balls when given space doesn't prove his doubters wrong - amazingly it is possible that he has really good and really bad aspects to his game at the same time.

We will not get big offers close season for vigurs because of these shortcomings and i'd wager mccall, who introduced a pressing midfield within a fortnight of arriving at fir park, privately regrets the signing. I am not looking to be unduly negative but several comments above suggest a few good balls show all vigurs doubters to be football dullards and boo boys.

If he regrets the signing, then all he has to do is not play him. We have other midefield options.

You are right about not getting any big close season offers for him, though. We never get any big close season offers for anyone whether it's a Randolph or a Hutchinson.