Celtic V Motherwell 18/1/14

Yabba's Turd

I'd keep Vigurs in, he's been in good form the past few weeks and could conceivably make a difference if he's in the mood. I'd agree with Anier in for Sutton, a bit more movement up front would at least give their defence a little bit to think about.

We don't have anything to lose whatsoever, it's probably the only trip to Parkhead in ages where we can just go for it without worrying about the rest of the league.

Celtic are far too lazy, bored and arrogant to keep winning week in and week out, somebody will beat them sooner rather than later and even though we weren't at our sparkling best against Hearts i don't see why we can't beat sugar puff teeth and his band of arrogant tits. As i've already said 2-1 Well Sutton and Faddy goals.

More reasons to be optimistic than normal for a trip to Parkhead given our great run, but just don't see it. A draw would be excellent.

As long as we don't get a hiding, I'll not be too disheartened. A real hammering could result in the heads going down and we need to keep our momentum going - most important thing for me. Hopefully we make it a real tough game. 2-1 Celtic I think.

I agree pressing the ball all over the park is the way to get a result. Deny them time on the ball and get in their faces. The team selection will require to take account of the amount of running involved and good use of substitutes but I believe it can be done. Whether it pans out that way is an entirely different matter. If we could get the first goal it would make a huge difference........and shut those twats on Celtic TV up!

The one positive is that I heard was Vigurs saying they were going there to win.

Makes a change from the usual "We have to be at our best and catch them on an off day" patter.

Be happy with a good performance, and a point would be a bonus. Just get in about them and see what happens.

i hope we dont go there with the lets just get this game out the way and move on attitude,weve got more than enough players to cause them problems if mccall sets us up right and with the way weve been playing of late it would be a poor show to go there and stick 10 men behind the ball.

As long as we don't go on like lambs to the slaughter. Nothing to stop us playing at them. Should be a good game and we must have a degree of confidence the way we have improved since the last time we played. The squad are much more settled and guys like James McFadden and Ian Vigurs have upped their game.

Yep!

Unfortunately there's as about as much chance of that as us actually going there and playing with some belief that we could actually get something.

So to summarise, the players and manager have to believe we will win away against our hardest opponents but you get your free pass to 'not believe' we will win most games we play, week in, week out.

We've never had a better chance of going there and coming away with all 3 points

I wouldn't say we've never had a better chance but Celtic have 9 wins on the trot and they have played well in probably 4 of them and scrapped victories in the rest of them. They have not been that convincing at home in particular.

Their dominance on paper is greater than it has been out on the field and their 5-0 win at Fir Park wasn't typical of them this season.

You suspect their run, which has been on shaky ground for a while now, has to come to an end soon so why shouldn't it be us that does it?

Any kind of result would be a great result but we shouldn't go their quaking in our boots because despite what the results and league table says this is a poorer Celtic side than last seasons.