Celtic V Motherwell 18/1/14

Yabba's Turd

Would just love to see us go toe to toe with them and no be feart. Last trip to Parkhead was the latest in a long line of disheartening performances there.

Wee bit of a selection headache for McCall. Is it feasible to leave out Sutton? McFadden is better suited to playing alongside Anier.

Celtic should be suitably refreshed after their wee jolly to Turkey.

Celtic should be suitably refreshed after their wee jolly to Turkey.

Apologies for going off topic a bit here but whilst I noticed they had gone to Turkey for a few days the fact our tin pot league had actually created the scenario that allowed them to do so, had completely passed me by.

This irritates me hugely. Particularly when it's come to light that less than a week after Neil Lennon was complaining about his team being flat, tired and things catching up on them they were playing a fucking friendly.

It's a total fucking nonsense. Bad enough it was allowed to happen at the beginning of the season without pandering to the fuckers and the other cheek of the same arse when they eventually get promoted.

If you want to piss off to Dublin, Istanbul, or Boston to raise your club's profile or rest up or more accurately earn a wad that's no bother. But your opponents should be well compensated with the three points and a 3-0 win while you do so.

Scottish fuckin' fitba. I don't know....

• Like 2

I was just looking at the league table for last season. After 21 games Celtic were sitting on 43 points, exactly the same position we're in after the yesterday's game. Kinda highlights just how well we've managed to amass points this season. It's a pity more teams haven't taken points off Celtic - maybe we can start the ball rolling on Saturday.

If we are to take anything from this game we'll need to be much braver than the last trip to Parkhead. I've never seen a team look so intimidated there, hopefully this good run has bred the confidence to have a proper crack this time. That said, Celtic looked to have got through their 'dip' since the Barcelona thrashing with 15 points out of 15 and haven't conceded a goal to Scottish opposition in their last 8 games. I'm usually optimistic but with all that considered, I think the best we can hope for is a 0-0 and I reckon McCall will be playing for just that.

Apologies for going off topic a bit here but whilst I noticed they had gone to Turkey for a few days the fact our tin pot league had actually created the scenario that allowed them to do so, had completely passed me by.

Did the SPFL give a reason as to why were they even allowed to do it?

We are sitting clear in third spot and defeat to Celtic will not effect our push for second, lets just go for it. thumbup.gif

Absolutely. That 2-0 loss at Parkhead was harder to take than the 5-0 thrashing at Fir Park simply because of the manner of the defeat.

Did the SPFL give a reason as to why were they even allowed to do it?

It's an inherited rule I think.

When the SPL made the change to start the season earlier in the year, the OF complained that it robbed them of lucrative pre-season friendlies.

As as sop to them, they agreed that for X number of seasons (I'm not sure what X was, but 3 rings a bell), any team could request postponement of a league game. That way, they could still get their big money friendlies played.

When the SPFL was formed in haste, I think that rule was still in play. Not sure if the intention is to keep it. However, Celtic seems to be the only team that uses it to their advantage - it is available to the other teams, but I guess financially most of the rest of the SPFL don't have the opportunities for lucrative friendlies, so would lose out.

We could have used the rule after our Euro excursions and postponed the Aberdeen game and play a sham friendly against Airdrie (and field our U20 team), but we weren't savvy enough to do that.

We are sitting clear in third spot and defeat to Celtic will not effect our push for second, lets just go for it. thumbup.gif

Totally agree!! let's hope Mr McCall decides to throw caution to the wind and the players get stuck right in and go for it.

Pretty much points are a write off anyway so feck it, why not just have a go. Won't be any worse than what we have seen against them this season so far and most likely a whole lot better and at worst, come away from the game with some pride in our performance if not any points.

This irritates me hugely. Particularly when it's come to light that less than a week after Neil Lennon was complaining about his team being flat, tired and things catching up on them they were playing a fucking friendly.

It's a total fucking nonsense. Bad enough it was allowed to happen at the beginning of the season without pandering to the fuckers and the other cheek of the same arse when they eventually get promoted.

If you want to piss off to Dublin, Istanbul, or Boston to raise your club's profile or rest up or more accurately earn a wad that's no bother. But your opponents should be well compensated with the three points and a 3-0 win while you do so.

Scottish fuckin' fitba. I don't know....

Every team should schedule a friendly for dates when they are due to play celtic at parkhead just to fck with them.

Apparently, as of last week, we had accumulated more points than Celtic did at the same stage of last season. That just shows how well they have been playing this time around.

If nothing else, Celtic's style always gives us a slightly better chance of a result than when we play the other half of the bigot brothers, but it's going to be tough to get anything from this one.