Carswell And Ramsden

The two players this season have been excellent they have both been consistent yet they fail to get plaudits like others.

I don't believe Carswell has even had an u21 call up (could be wrong).

Ramsden is a great versitle player and possibly my pick for player of year.

Dundee United seem to have an ability to have there players recognised with the media and before we know they are £2million players, I'm not saying either two are of that value but surely Carswell must be looked at as an exciting prospect and included in the u21 setup.

Both have been instrumental in our recent form.

I couldn't agree more about the two players- both absolutely excellent so far this season and Carswell not having a single U21 cap beggars belief.

On the second point, it's a vicious cycle. We can't afford the gamble of tying young players up on long-term contracts so we are forced to sit and watch teams like Utd reap the rewards of doing exactly that.

With regards to tying them down, I notice Carswell is signed up until next summer. I would imagine he's earned another extension, 60 appearances (mostly impressive) at 20 years old, in the heart of midfield is pretty impressive. Maybe thinking longer term (I know ludicrous), stepping into Lasley's boots?

I thinks he's a great player, and a bit more of an athlete than Keith too (stature wise).

Agree with what's been said above; I think Carswell's problem is that he's not setting up or scoring goals, like the ones being noticed at United are. I firmly believe that's a part of his game he can develop under McCall/Lasley; give him a 2/3 year deal as soon as possible and give him a foundation he can build on.

Still staggering that he hasn't got an U21 cap, yet, right enough.

Ramsden has turned into a fantastic signing for the club. Good footballer and given his injury record, I'm very impressed with his fitness.

After a dip in form during Oct-Nov, Carswell has really kicked on again. Recently he's been getting into goalscoring positions and if he can start tucking away 1 or 2, he'll get more attention. In the meantime, John McGinn appears to be getting all the hype from the media.

Ramsden has been a very good signing. A real steady eddie in a couple of positions.

Carswell has been up and down but he's certainly a trier. I got into trouble for my opinion on Steve Jennings a while back but I think Carswell is similar in that he's not a creative player and isn't likely to excite too many scouts or journalists with his technique or vision so he's never going to get the same attention as a Gauld or Mackay-Steven.

However ever team needs a player like that in midfield so I don't mean to denigrate him in anyway when I say that.

As a regular at the top end of the SPFL I think Carswell should have been called up by the U21's especially when players are in that squad that aren't even close to first team football but at the end of the day it's up to Billy Stark to pick what he thinks is the best team.

1389724982[/url]' post='403967']

Ramsden has been a very good signing. A real steady eddie in a couple of positions.

Carswell has been up and down but he's certainly a trier. I got into trouble for my opinion on Steve Jennings a while back but I think Carswell is similar in that he's not a creative player and isn't likely to excite too many scouts or journalists with his technique or vision so he's never going to get the same attention as a Gauld or Mackay-Steven.

However ever team needs a player like that in midfield so I don't mean to denigrate him in anyway when I say that.

As a regular at the top end of the SPFL I think Carswell should have been called up by the U21's especially when players are in that squad that aren't even close to first team football but at the end of the day it's up to Billy Stark to pick what he thinks is the best team.

You mean like a Paul Lambert or ,and I'm not in anyway comparing them, a Makalele (sp!)

Carswell has really developed into a very decent centre mid, delighted with his progress.

Ramsden is pretty dependable and has had played pretty well this far however he still gets beaten in one on ones more than is like.

Lasley Poty for me though, the guy is an unbelievable servant to the club.

Carswell not having a single U21 cap beggars belief.

Start chanting "Carswell for Scotland" every game, maybe the East Stand Bois could do a wee banner for him too. Won't make the blindest bit of difference to Strachan but at least it will give Carswell a boost and let him know that his efforts are appreciated by the fans.