Motherwell V Aberdeen 25/1/14

postiejim

Disappointed with the final few minutes obviously but I thought it was a good old fashioned match with lots of tackles going in on a heavy pitch.

Probably Aberdeen were the better team and I felt they over powered us in midfield for most of the match but the team played well, worked really hard and had done well to be take the lead twice. Just a shame we didn't hang on at the end.

Thought Lasley was magnificent today he must have run miles and miles and Hutchy had a good match today as well.

Obviously Nielsen had a couple of bad mistakes today but Aberdeen should have scored on a few more occasions so I don't think anyone can complain too much about the result.

Having seen Aberdeen three times now this season I think they are noticeably ahead of us as a team, they just have a bit more quality across the team than us, so to be sitting right now with the chance to go ahead of them if we win out game in hand is a good achievement by the team.

• Like 1

That was a good old fashioned game that got the juices flowing and nerves jangling.

I thought we battled like fuck against a team that is superior to us. We scored good goals at good times and adopted a really streetwise approach go the game. Players ran themselves into the ground.

Gutted to lose the almost inevitable equaliser but I'd have taken a point before the game given we were missing Ramsden and the recently improved Vigurs.

Doubt the keeper will be able to look in the eyes of his team mates tonight. Absolute bombscare that the players and fans understandably have no confidence in.