Motherwell V Aberdeen 25/1/14

postiejim

Nothing about Willo Flood flattening Lasley then? Didn't even get booked for it.

My take on it was that because Carswell was floored immediately afterwards that caught the intention of the ref. I think in his head he intended to book the player responsible for the first challenge but because he was behind the game then he got confused and booked the second challenge. Some particularly bad refereeing and poor consistency throughout.

As for the game, Aberdeen had more about them, our two goals were with the exception of Faddy's effort pretty clinical as we didn't really threaten outside of them. A draw was a fair result but I would have been thrilled with a smash and grab. Our second goal was a pleasure to watch.

Now onto the negatives. Lets start with the keeper, in a told you so moment I'll refer back to Celtic last week where I pointed out I felt he parried too many opposed to gather them in. A fair number of our issues today centred on that carrying on. The ironic cheer when he grabbed a ball around 75 mins highlighted that.

Also, with Carswell dropping back to RB I felt there should have been more effort from Ainsworth to track back, I found myself getting increasingly annoyed at his apparently laziness as the game progressed (the fact he walked off with white shorts tells me didn't get involved enough for me). I can understand him sitting deeper if we were going to exploit a quick break, but going back to Nielsen, his distribution and speed of releasing the forwards with a well thrown ball or punt was awful. As a result Considine was unmarked repeatedly giving the players in front of an out ball. Ainsworth's forward sitting was a contributory factor to their first goal.

Also, with Carswell dropping back to RB I felt there should have been more effort from Ainsworth to track back, I found myself getting increasingly annoyed at his apparently laziness as the game progressed (the fact he walked off with white shorts tells me didn't get involved enough for me). I can understand him sitting deeper if we were going to exploit a quick break, but going back to Nielsen, his distribution and speed of releasing the forwards with a well thrown ball or punt was awful. As a result Considine was unmarked repeatedly giving the players in front of an out ball. Ainsworth's forward sitting was a contributory factor to their first goal.

Ainsworth doesn't track back

there was a point in the second half where he watched considine then flood run into the box unmarked and never flinched. when a player is getting subbed off so sutton can do his marking for him you know he is a lazy prick.

no wonder 13 teams didn't want him.

Before the game i would have taken a draw and on the balance of play Aberdeen probably deserved the point...

But it felt like a defeat at the end, a brilliant effort by most of the team wasted because we have a fekin useless bombscare of a keeper...he really needs to go

• Like 1

A new keeper is essential this week.

I'm at a loss watching and trying to work out how Nielsen was ever on the books at Manchester City. McManus and Hutchinson were losing the head with him at every Aberdeen attack. You can clearly see that our defence has no confidence in him whatsoever.

I'm at a loss watching and trying to work out how Nielsen was ever on the books at Manchester City. McManus and Hutchinson were losing the head with him at every Aberdeen attack. You can clearly see that our defence has no confidence in him whatsoever.

mark hughes must have had some sort of deal with his agent.

unbelievable that we have signed him twice.

Gutted to lose that late goal but a point was probably a fair result overall.

Goalkeeping situation yet again a big factor, God how I would love to have Randolph back right now.

Got to say Lawson didn't cover himself in glory at the 1st, looked as slow as a week in the jail, should've dealt with it with ease. Gunnar palming another straight out into a central area is unacceptable though. The less said about his 'punch' the better.

Not the best performance but can't fault the team for guts & determination, thought big Mick was immense.

Will finish off by saying, referee - wank!

Sadly I don't think anyone else will be coming in...McCall confirmed as much on Sportsound earlier. Just have to hope Hollis recovers soon!

Wondered where all the added time came from. Just watched the game on BBC Alba and the ref added on a total of 9 minutes to normal time - 4 minutes at end of first half and 5 minutes at the end of the second half. I think the first half stoppage was about right due to time used getting Jack treated and subbed but where did he get 5 minutes in the second half?

Wondered where all the added time came from. Just watched the game on BBC Alba and the ref added on a total of 9 minutes to normal time - 4 minutes at end of first half and 5 minutes at the end of the second half. I think the first half stoppage was about right due to time used getting Jack treated and subbed but where did he get 5 minutes in the second half?

Kerr's injury plus 30 seconds per sub, I suppose.

Thought it was about right to be honest, was expecting 5 or 6.

Carswell and kerr plus subs.

I was expecting more than five.

The two wide midfielders just didn't work hard enough. Maybe we can get away with it against poorer sides than Aberdeen but not today.

Aberdeen bossed the midfield for most of the match and Lasley was left to do all the donkey work again. Not really on when it's the 34 year old guy that's running his legs off and much younger guys aren't putting in the same level of graft.

Didn't think Carswell had his best game today but at least you can't mark him down on effort.