Motherwell V Aberdeen 25/1/14

postiejim

Just watched the highlights on you tube. While there may be other contributing factors to the 2 goals we conceded I think the goalie has to shoulder the largest percentage.

The first goal, I am not sure how he even managed to knock it back towards the middle !

The second goal he is just posted missing.

Having said that let's hope he improves as some of the other players have done. Since it's unlikely we will get another keeper the rest of the team will just have to step it up a notch to compensate till he improves or we get another keeper.

Very easier to understand what happened with the first. The ball was hit with venom from the edge of the box, after 3 failed attempts at getting the ball away from our box. On route to the keeper the ball dips right at the end (maybe less than a yard away from the keeper). Keeper's nightmare. Rooney decided he was going to gamble on this happening our defence decided they'd scratch their arse. 1-1.

Second was embarrasing all over, and we had been given a warning just seconds earlier.

Although - the warning signs were there in the first half, when Hayes managed to make 4 Motherwell defenders part like the red sea by just touching the ball.

Lawson really needs a run in the team if he's going to be any use to us. He tends to struggle to get up to the speed with the game, not easy to do when you're teammates have been embroiled in a high tempo battle for an hour.

Keeper had to be there though to nullify such lapses in concentration from outfield players. Neilson done the exact same thing at Tynecastle.

They didn't have THAT many chances, you're seeing them from the other end of the ground mate, our luck run out in injury time.

BBC stats say 17 shots to our 7, though the on-target shots are closer: 5 to our 3. They also had more possession than us, and 6 corners to our 1. I'd certainly be disappointed if those stats were in our favour and we'd taken less than a point.

They didn't have THAT many chances, you're seeing them from the other end of the ground mate, our luck run out in injury time.

watched the game again on Alba. They were in great positions plenty of times albeit they didn't always work the keeper (which is just as well). Check the match stats if in doubt.

Stats? Aberdeen should be three times the team we are, but they aren't. Daisy said it was a good three points around 88 minutes ,I had a gut feeling we were drawing the game,still doesn't mean we shouldn't have cleared our lines and seen out the win.

How many times have we stole the points off bigger teams? Yesterday could have been no different

Stats? Aberdeen should be three times the team we are, but they aren't. Daisy said it was a good three points around 88 minutes ,I had a gut feeling we were drawing the game,still doesn't mean we shouldn't have cleared our lines and seen out the win.

How many times have we stole the points off bigger teams? Yesterday could have been no different

aye, all very well. But we're talking about Saturday's game, nothing more, nothing less. On chances created, attempts at goal, possession, clearances of the line, hitting the woodwork twice I'd say they merited a draw. Take the C&A tinted specs off big yin.

Onyhow, onwards & upwards. The fact we're competing with Aberdeen for 2nd at all is testament to the managerial team & players.

Wonder if McInnes will be called up by SFA for bringing the game into disrepute for criticising the refereee about Hutchinson's tackle?

Let's hope not, or McCall and McManus will probably also be in the frame for criticising him for allowing the equaliser to stand.

Wonder if McInnes will be called up by SFA for bringing the game into disrepute for criticising the refereee about Hutchinson's tackle?

His opinion on Russel Anderson's challenge on Jack Leitch would be interesting... Aside from the blatant handball his boot was very high as he flew into our boy.

The more I watch it, the more Anderson's challenge looks high and dangerous. Should've been a foul and/or handball! Take your pick ref!!

Got to love the Aberdeen banner saying "support your local team". I've yet to meet an Aberdeen fan who actually comes from Aberdeen! I dare say the irony is lost on them.

The more I watch it, the more Anderson's challenge looks high and dangerous. Should've been a foul and/or handball! Take your pick ref!!

Got to love the Aberdeen banner saying "support your local team". I've yet to meet an Aberdeen fan who actually comes from Aberdeen! I dare say the irony is lost on them.

Aye I know four of them and the closest comes from Perth :laugh:

Maybe slightly off topic but with some of the papers describing the pitch on Saturday as a mud bath, quagmire etc etc , I couldn't help laughing when I saw this picture of Dens Park circa 1936 in a P&B thread on what old grounds looked like before being redeveloped.

wetpitch.jpg

I know about a dozen wannabe Aberdeen fans from the Lanarkshire area, who if they ever even remotely consider going to a game then it's when Aberdeen are at Fir Park! What a boot in the baws to the area that they were born, raised, educated and lived their whole life in!

If you're going to support a team who are located at the other end of the country (for no other reason other than they gave you bragging rights at primary school) then at least have the strength of conviction to make the long journey to their home games.

The glorious irony of course being if they had chose their local team then they actually would've enjoyed more sustained "success" in their lifetime!

Milo, can I just ask what your English team is? If its anything other than Carlisle then I'd love to hear your reasons for not supporting your local team.

As Johnstone says, this is a complete non-debate and cringworthy pointing out the irony as you see it. That sign is possibly aimed at the bus loads that leave the NE every weekend and head down to Ibrox and Parkhead.