Dominic Thomas

Kmcalpin

Rather than let the ICT thread drift even further off topic I thought I'd start a separate dedicated thread to the young lad.

Frazzie wrote "But when is his contract up? There's no point in giving him a handful of games, paying Celtic a fee then watch him walking away.".

That's very true and it could happen. However, equally possible is that he's talented, and knocking on the first team's door. If we don't give him his chance (even if only coming on late off the bench) we run the risk of him becoming brassed off and leaving at the end of his current contract. The club management will know best and we have to trust their man management skills.

A couple of points to note.

Even by U20s standards, he is a youngster - just turned 18 if the official site is accurate. The management may not think he's quite ready for the step up.

JJ mentioned last night that he has had a dip in form recently and the Falkirk game was the first time in a while he was playing at his best. I'd imagine that has also influenced his promotion.

I expect both parties entered the contract situation aware of the payments required to Celtic and the potential consequences, so you would hope that wouldn't be a factor.