2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Will be plenty of free agents floating about from the English lower leagues, a market we've previously used to our advantage.

Have a feeling McCall will look for an additional centre half if Hutch goes, could do worse than this boy released from Carlisle United, have seen him playing a fair few times and always been a solid performer. Similar level to Ramsden, that's worked out alright.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Livesey

If hes playing Football Manager though theres no way hes leaving out bog standard SPFL players he paid 15 million for just to convince them to come to Motherwell after cheating and giving them a £300 million war chest. He wins as well, so he knows what hes talking about.

Players get played because of their ability, not because of how much they were signed for.

Agreed, my point was more if a team finds you and pays for you from your existing club they're more likely to play you than they would be if you found them to sign with.

Talk sakes Cummins and Hutch are of similar ability. Hutch leaves here as a free agent and signs with, say Sheffield United and same time Sheffield United buy Cummins from us at say £250k both go down and train as well as each other, Cummins is always going to be the favoured player

It wouldn't happen but maybe that would explain my point, for a team to show interest then buy is different from a player leaving a club as a free agent and signing with another club.

If hes playing Football Manager though theres no way hes leaving out bog standard SPFL players he paid 15 million for just to convince them to come to Motherwell after cheating and giving them a £300 million war chest. He wins as well, so he knows what hes talking about.

HA

Afraid Motherwell is one team I haven't been with in that game!

yeah... clubs would also feel less obliged to play him and he would potentially need to fight his way into a new team signing on a free, he may possibly sign another deal and keep himself in the shop window rather than start fresh at another club.

Isn't the point of putting yourself in the shop window just so you ultimately get the chance to start fresh at another club?

Isn't the point of putting yourself in the shop window just so you ultimately get the chance to start fresh at another club?

In real life or Football manager?

nobody wants a free transfer that's been let go by another club :popcorn:

try better explain my point

if a team is gonna pay a fee for ye, then they plan to play you

if a team picks you up on a free then then there is no pressure to play you.

plus if a team comes in while your contracted to a club they are gonna offer you more wages to lure you away from your current club, if you are a free agent your making fuck all so they don't have to be as generous with the wage they offer you.

so I am suggesting it might be in Hutch's interest to sign another contract with Motherwell, where he is doing well and comfortable in the team and actively try and attract interest.

I personally thought mccall should have sold him back in January for a small fee, sell on clause and maybe a loan back to the end of the season or replaced him with Cummins