Hamilton A V Motherwell 24/09/14

Yabba's Turd

I've read the last couple of pages, and to be fair, my points have been raised by others, but i'll say them again.

How in the name of fuck did Josh Law stay on that park for 120 minutes? He done nothing all game. Not the "actually done a few things, but me mostly done nothing, nothing", he genuinely offered fuck all. He's not even 1/10th of the player his brother is.

Last minute of the game, it's going to penalties, and we've got 2 strikers on the bench. Why not bring one of them on to take a penalty?

Speaking of the penalties, has anyone found our captain yet? He seemed to go into hiding after the coin toss. McManus & Leitch went up to take a penalty, why was it then left to a substitute defender to hit one when it got to sudden death?

McCall must be cursed in cup competitions.

Yet, heralded by some on here as a gain compared to having James McFadden in the squad :doh:

Taking that game in isolation we were unlucky.

There were three very good penalty shouts in the 2nd half. Sutton had two chances you would expect him to bury. The double bar hit was careless at worst and a bit unlucky. But we did seem to disappear after O'Brien was sent off, the Accies just rolled their sleeves up when Hendrie went.

Disappointing ending but certainly very familiar. And again one tool with a smoke bomb has made this a loss making competition.

Genuine question. How does the referee decide at which end of the pitch a penalty shoot-out will take place? Last night the ref clearly indicated that the penalties would be taken at the end of the pitch that had no stand behind it (no coin toss or anything like that as far as I could see). I suppose you could argue this gives neither side an advantage, but surely common sense dictates that the penalties should take place where the majority of fans can actually see what is going on?

Genuine question. How does the referee decide at which end of the pitch a penalty shoot-out will take place? Last night the ref clearly indicated that the penalties would be taken at the end of the pitch that had no stand behind it (no coin toss or anything like that as far as I could see). I suppose you could argue this gives neither side an advantage, but surely common sense dictates that the penalties should take place where the majority of fans can actually see what is going on?

I was wondering about that.

Hit the penalties in front of the majority of the paying customers, or 100 yards away towards Sainsburys loading bay?

Normally it is a coin toss. He, Lasley and their captain did get together and there must have been a toss of some sort to decide who went first at a minimum.. Usually one team chooses the end and one chooses whether to go first or second. However, on occasion a referee may decide himself which way we'll shoot and could do so because of pitch conditions (e.g. if there was a divot at one spot or other) or safety concerns (e.g. if some rowdy fans might encroach).

the managers and the players are losing us fortunes every season through sheer ineptitude, the fans might as well get in on the act as well.

They should maybe employ the manager and the players that get the second place in the league consistently - I'm assuming those guys are completely different to the ones that do the cup aye?

Christ. imagine how much of a fortune they are losing through their sheer inpetitude in the league....

Cup performances are poor, but it seems that folk are placing a hell of a lot more stock on one off games as opposed to a league placing which involves 38 games when deciding whether a manager or players are any good.

• Like 2

the managers and the players are losing us fortunes every season through sheer ineptitude, the fans might as well get in on the act as well.

The same sheer ineptitude that has seen us finish 2nd in the league in consecutive years, and better our points total with each passing season?

Our cup results have been pathetic the last couple of seasons, and I'm as frustrated as the next person, but stuff like the smoke bombs, knowing that it will cost the club money, is just total bawbaggery of the highest order.

• Like 2

No outrage mate...we dont have a pot to piss in...but you n your wee gang carry on with the flares and pannini stickers crusaide

Oh lord, quite aware of the club's current financial standing, but, the 'you n your wee gang' chat? A level of seethe that knows no bounds... Whilst supportive of the Bois aims, I most certainly do not align with any gang. Of a different generation you'll find. Understanding two wrongs don't make a right, I'd also question why does our club lose money through ineffective stewarding of the host club and policing by Police Scotland?

Picture attachment was as mentioned 'Here we go again' reflecting not for the first time the mock outrage of the holier than thou element of our support.

we don't need to imagine, they publish accounts every 12 months which tell us.

3 consecutive years making losses and probably a 4th on the way.

And those losses would be much worse if the players and manager hadn't delivered league finishes like they have....

If you think that the only reason that the club are making losses is the cup performances then you need to think again....

• Like 1

The same sheer ineptitude that has seen us finish 2nd in the league in consecutive years, and better our points total with each passing season?

Our cup results have been pathetic the last couple of seasons, and I'm as frustrated as the next person, but stuff like the smoke bombs, knowing that it will cost the club money, is just total bawbaggery of the highest order.

Genuine question as i cant think of any, have the Scottish authorities ever fined any club for pyro or even any other fan misbehavior ?

As for the result , im sure the players and manager will be gutted , lessons will be learned and god help whoever we draw next time as the boys will be out to put it right, again.

While the future of the club is always in the back of all of our minds, I presume, I doubt I'm alone in saying that the fact that we're losing money out of not winning cup ties isn't really the biggest issue in the.

The fact that we're consistently losing cup ties to opposition we should be beating comfortably is the problem. I also doubt I'm alone in looking on enviously as other clubs (Killie, St Mirren, Hearts, Aberdeen, St Johnstone) that we beat on a fairly regular basis have all lifted trophies in the last few years.

The 2nd place finishes have been cracking, for sure, but our failure to win anything while others have been making hay is horrible to watch.

If you think that the only reason that the club are making losses is the cup performances then you need to think again....

i agree with that. poor signings and an overly generous bonus system have contributed as well.

however if we had made even two semi finals in the past three seasons (as ICT, aberdeen, st johnstone, falkirk, dundee united, hearts and hibs have managed) or just a single cup win like st mirren or killie then i think we would have been in profit.