Aberdeen V Motherwell 24/10/14

Yabba's Turd

we've won two out of 13 games all season.

we've played well a handful of times in 2014. we have been comprehensively outplayed by accies, thistle and dundee in our past three games despite their limited squads. we have three extremely difficult televised games coming up which could very well see us become a hibs-esque national laughing stock.

i'm at a loss as to how things could be much worse than they actually are at the moment.

That's exactly my point. With that in mind Is there is anything further to be gained by tie-ing yourself in further knots and trying to work out the worst case scenario in the Ross County game or counting up how many points Hamilton are ahead this week?

Its time for Keith Lasley to take a back seat I think. Hasnt won a tackle all season. Club captain i know but hes been a passenger.

John sutton has been nothing other than a minor threat also. Time to freshen up. We need more pace and grit in the side. Id go-

Twardzik

Ramsden mcmanus kerr hammell

Reid carswell

Ainsworth Vigurs Angol

Ojamaa

• Like 1

-------------------------------Nielsen---------------------------------

Ramsden---------McManus--------O'Brien------------Hammell

------------------------Reid--------------Carswell-----------------------

Ainsworth-------------------Vigurs---------------------Ojamaa

----------------------------------Erwin-------------------------------

Subs:

Twardzik

Kerr

Francis-Angol

Lasley

Leitch

Sutton

Thomas

0-0

Or everyone of those various outcomes has a potential benefit to us.

Draw = St Mirren only get a point ahead after playing the team at the bottom of the table and Ross County can't overtake us

St Mirren win = Ross County can't overtake us

Ross County win = Ross County probably still won't overtake us and if they do, St Mirren might even end up below us and will at worst remain on the same points as us.

Going by the flood of negativity that's on the go at the moment I rather get the feeling we could go to Pittodrie, win 4-0 and within half an hour of full-time I'll be reading that it means nothing as it was only game wonder and someone will have defeat predicted for our next game.

Honestly this constant searching for new ways to make things appear even worse than they are is really grating.

You are stretching a bit to turn some of these into positives. Right now any scenario where Ross County, St. Mirren or both pick up points is bad for us since we don't look like picking any up.

A front 4 (deployed in the way Dundee Utd use theirs) of Ojamaa, Ainsworth, Vigurs and Erwin has so much potential. Surely we've got to try that?!?! A 4-4-2 and shelling the ball at Sutton is completely ineffective and is brutal and infuriating to watch!

We need to find a way of making Vigurs especially more effective as he has undoubted ability. Perhaps as a second striker or number 10? Or the way Harkins is used for Dundee?

Left (and especially right) midfield hasn't worked for him or the team and yet he's more often than not being played there as McCall has seen fit not to sign a left midfielder 2 seasons running for some reason.....

A front 4 (deployed in the way Dundee Utd use theirs) of Ojamaa, Ainsworth, Vigurs and Erwin has so much potential. Surely we've got to try that?!?! A 4-4-2 and shelling the ball at Sutton is completely ineffective and is brutal and infuriating to watch!

We need to find a way of making Vigurs especially more effective as he has undoubted ability. Perhaps as a second striker or number 10? Or the way Harkins is used for Dundee?

Left (and especially right) midfield hasn't worked for him or the team and yet he's more often than not being played there as McCall has seen fit not to sign a left midfielder 2 seasons running for some reason.....

-------------------------------Nielsen---------------------------

Ramsden---------McManus--------O'Brien------------Hammell

------------------------Reid--------------Carswell-----------------------

Ainsworth-------------------Vigurs---------------------Ojamaa

----------------------------------Erwin-------------------------------

It is the point I was trying to make. We need to shore up as we have been horrendous at giving away space - sitting two players in front of the back 4 should allow us to be more compact, but with the front 4 having so much pace, it would allow us to counter attack with balls down the wing whilst playing Vigurs through the middle will bring him into our play more and connect back to front.

I fail to see what twardzik has done to justify being dropped in favour of Nielsen!

I believe it all stems from being three full inches smaller than Nielsen, and at a miserly 6 foot, shotstopping and general ability be damned.

Well, that or folk have very short memories regarding Nielsen and his panicked turkey act.

I believe it all stems from being three full inches smaller than Nielsen, and at a miserly 6 foot, shotstopping and general ability be damned.

Well, that or folk have very short memories regarding Nielsen and his panicked turkey act.

There is a lot to be said for a physical presence behind a defence.

There is a lot to be said for a physical presence behind a defence.

Aye, only if he can actually command his box and is a good shot stopper, two attributes which Nielsen has failed to prove.

I honestly find it amazing people can still prefer Nielsen to Twardzik. I'm not saying Twardzik is a top goalkeeper but he's significantly more competent that Nielsen.

Aye, only if he can actually command his box and is a good shot stopper, two attributes which Nielsen has failed to prove.

I honestly find it amazing people can still prefer Nielsen to Twardzik. I'm not saying Twardzik is a top goalkeeper but he's significantly more competent that Nielsen.

Nielsen was OK in his last run of games. Twardzik is not the goalkeeping guru many on here claimed he was going to be.

Pretty much a wash at the moment.

Nielsen was OK in his last run of games. Twardzik is not the goalkeeping guru many on here claimed he was going to be.

Pretty much a wash at the moment.

Twardzik has been without doubt our best and most consistant player this season and our goal difference would be off the scale without the saves he has made. For instance Dundee would have been 4-0 up at half time if it wasn't for Twardzik at the weekend.

Bringing in a keeper who lacked confidence and was prone to blunders when we were playing better football than we are now doesn't seem the wisest move.

However to be honest if we defend like we have been doing over the last couple of matches we could put both of them in goals and it wouldn't make much difference.

Heading up on the 12:40pm train from Queen Street and making it an overnight. To be honest, I am looking forward to that more than the actual match!

I reckon we need to go 4-5-1 for this one. Try and shitfest our way to a 0-0 or maybe sneak a 1-0 win. Need to pack the centre of midfield. Would go with:

Twardzik/Nielson (Both are murder!)

Ramsden/Reid Kerr O'Brien Hammell

Ainsworth Lasley Carswell Vigurs Ojamma

Erwin

I don't have a good feeling about this one and reckon we are onto another hammering!

Aberdeen's away record is mixed but they have been pretty strong at home since Dundee United beat them on the first day of the season, 8 matches, 6 wins, a draw and a narrow defeat to Real Sociedad.

If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my cash on the home team for this one.

Have hardly thought about the game tonight to be honest. Punch drunk with the shite we've consistently produced in every game this season. I hope against hope that we might finally see some sort of reaction but we said that last week. And the week before. And the week before etc.....

6 years since Aberdeen beat us at Pittodrie and only once in the league at Fir Park in that time also. Incredible run. Totally owned them for years. Completely convinced that run will end tonight though.

Would bite yer hand off for a draw and a performance remotely resembling any sort of purpose. Or even a draw in which our goal is completely under siege for 90 minutes!!