Ewan Cameron

phoenix

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my dictionary "impertinent" means irrelevant, out of place, absurd, insolent and lacking respect. Well, I suppose compared the best fans in the world we would be. Presumably the Herald deemed their behaviour yesterday exemplary.

Maybe we should all follow Scott MacDonald's example yesterday of not questioning any ref's decision but rather thanking him at every opportunity and accepting his every decision. :lol:

Ah well thats the Herald on the banned list now. Running out of titles to read.

From today's Glasgow Herald, are we the grumpiest, most impertinent bunch of supporters in the SPL? :(

having just read the article in question, it can be best summarised as follows ......

...Celtic tried to play the silkiest soccer imaginable, but were pissing against the wind on our ploughed sand-pit !! :lol:

Motherwell slogged on, sending out our hatchet men (Klimpl and Craigan get extra special merit in that dept apparently !!) and were obviously never going to get a goal if it wasn't for the shambolic disgrace of a playing surface !!! :D

Now I'm sorry, yes our pitch is a disgrace-but that debate has been done to death, and we have to live with it till the end of the season.

secondly, both teams were playing on the same surface therefore (if you excuse the pun) its a level playing field !! :D

and the whole "handled and manhandled" comment about Craigan and the"took out as opposed to took on" comment about Klimpl are laughable !! :lol:

The Herald certainly used to be one of the better, more un-biased reads, but I'm afraid that of late it has certainly joined in with the rest of the "Pander to the O/F brigade". :D

anyway onwards and upwards !!

'mon the well !!!

Jim Duffy advocating that we'd be fair game for a law suit if someone gets injured. Don't know how successful that would be - given that grass and muck and sand aren't really that scientific / predictable.

But that on top of all the papers and the BBC Radio - have completely lambasted the pitch.

I haven't seen a more united front against us (albeit - justified, to an extent) in the media for a long time.

Just send this to Darryl Braodfoot:

So Darryl,

We are a grumpy impertinent bunch are we?

For what? Having the audacity to shout when one of our players gets stuck in or even shout at the ref for one of his numerous bad decisions yesterday.

But you just ignore Celtic fans singing about the death of Davie Cooper and almost causing a full scale riot in the Cooper stand due to one of them stealing a pork pie?

Usually I don't mind your writing Darryl, but if you are going to insult one set of fans make sure you pull up the other for their shocking behavior and not just us for being 'grumpy'.

By the way I had a great time yesterday and left with a smile on my face!

Peter

I just e-mailed the fud aswell.

Darryl,

You wrote,

"Klimpl, Motherwell's sturdy Slovak midfielder, was so game he took time out from his battle with Brown to take on - or rather take out - Naylor in front of the dug-outs and was booked for his brutishness. It warmed the cockles of the locals. Mark McGhee dedicated his Sunday Herald column to the tempestuous relationship between a manager and the masses. As they wailed and shrieked at every perceived injustice from the pedantic Iain Brines, it was difficult to imagine a grumpier, more impertinent bunch of supporters in the SPL"

Not sure what to make of this paragraph. If you were watching the game you would've noted that Klimpls alleged foul in front of the dugouts was nothing more than a shoulder charge and the Celtic benchs squealing resulted in the yellow card being shown. You failed to mention the shove on Klimpl by a member of Celtics bench, which if it had been the other way about you no doubt would've been screaming for him to be sent to the stand.

"As we wailed and shrieked" - What would you have us do as the "greatest fans in the world" rolled into town? Surrender meekly and accept the biased inept refereeing? You missed in your report the assault on Craigan by JVoH, which Brines then gave the other way. You also missed the fly kick out that Nakamura had and the constant diving and cheating by McDonald. No wonder we were moaning!

I find it astonishing in an allegedly impartial article that one set of supporters can be labled "the grumpiest and most impertinent" supporters in the league, yet the other lot who treated us to songs about the IRA and the death of Davie Cooper (again!) can pass without comment?! I'm sure you couldn't have failed to notice the police intevention needed in the Cooper Stand to break up the fighting amongst themselves as the game turned against them? But of course your article is only written to give the great unwashed masses the vindication their perceived grievancies are justified. Wouldn't want to affect the sales figures as I'm sure you are more than aware the backlash you would suffer if you even dreamt of labelling the Celtic fans "grumpy and inpertinent".

Sorry the result didn't go your way. That's the Herald off my reading list also. But then I'm only a Motherwell fan so what does it matter what you print about us?

An apparently inpertinent, grump, wailing and shrieking,

Milo

Daryll Broadfoot is a big Rangers man - FACT.

His elevated position at the herald aside, he is still relativly young for a broadsheet football journo - FACT. As such he has to try and be a little controversial.

Additionally, due to the fact he is a Rangers fan and that he writes for the Gasgow Herald, he has to be seen to pander to his Celtic readers as well.

Next time i see him in the Shed in shawlands, I'll let him know his piece provoked some outrage on the internet. He'll piss himself!

Daryll Broadfoot is a big Rangers man - FACT.

His elevated position at the herald aside, he is still relativly young for a broadsheet football journo - FACT. As such he has to try and be a little controversial.

Additionally, due to the fact he is a Rangers fan and that he writes for the Gasgow Herald, he has to be seen to pander to his Celtic readers as well.

Next time i see him in the Shed in shawlands, I'll let him know his piece provoked some outrage on the internet. He'll piss himself!

The Scottish Media (Glasgow Media) are biased- FACT

"Wee" teams like Motherwell aren't supposed to take points from Rangers and Celtic- FACT

As soon as there is even a minute chance someone at any level dares to challenge this the media has them hunted, case and point Hearts- FACT

Of course they biased. They are in the business of selling newspapers. So the Glasgow media's biggest market is the OF, and the Edinburgh media's biggest market is Hearts/Hibs.

We get served by the Motherwell Times, Hamilton Advertiser and Tam Cowan.