Baraclough Out

Bop

I'm not entirely sure that we can compare our situation with that of Ross County.

He needs a proper summer to do just that.

Couldn't agree more, David. It seems like everything happening at the club is moving to exactly where we would want it to be, with the exception of the performances on the field. While there's never any certainty in football, I'd much rather go through short term pain for long term stability, than see the club be run into the ground and go out on a high. There now seems to be a strategic plan for the future of the club, rather than living hand-to-mouth, as seemed to be the case before.

The question is whether that strategy has a contingency for dropping down a division, should it come to that.

The question is whether that strategy has a contingency for dropping down a division, should it come to that.

I'm fairly certain that Hutchinson hinted that the club has a contingency plan in place in the event that we do drop down a division, although I wouldn't quote me on that.

Fairly certain he mentioned something to that effect on the podcast. Maybe one of the lads involved can clarify.

Unfortunately this debate is going raise its head again as we fail yet again to do the necessary and take advantage of an opportunity to close the gap and give ourselves a realistic chance out saving ourselves.

Time to get shot of this guy before the playoffs?

We've now failed to win any of our last 3 games against teams round about us (one of whom hadn't won in 13 games and we had beat 4-0 only a month ago)

Thoughts?

Unless we had someone ready to step in immediately I think we need to wait until the end of the season now, but even if we do somehow manage to avoid the playoffs or stay up by winning them I want him out the door. Clueless. Another post match interview full of shite.

• Like 1

IMO, if he stays we're going down. If he gets replaced we might still go down but it's worth the gamble to give us a chance.

He's a salesman, tells people what they want to hear but he has virtually no tactical knowledge. It's evident that the players have no respect for him.

Seriously? He was allowed to sign a load of players in the last transfer window and made a total arse of it.

I'm hardly a massive Baraclough fan but there's hardly a queue of affordable, quality players desperate to sign for Motherwell on January 31st.

If we dont beat Killie on friday night then his time should be up. Get someone in with more knowledge of what we need to get the best out of our players. Friday night is his last chance. I dont listen to his interviews now anyway cos he's full of shit. :fie:

If we dont beat Killie on friday night then his time should be up. Get someone in with more knowledge of what we need to get the best out of our players. Friday night is his last chance. I dont listen to his interviews now anyway cos he's full of shit. :fie:

Its quite clearly not worked for Baraclough for whatever reason & I think he should go at the end of the season.

But.....

Who would u bring in now to save us????

& what sort of contract would you give this new manager??

If he's any decency, he'll resign first thing on Monday morning.

Imposter.

Is Martin Canning an imposter? What about Gary Locke? Jackie McNamara he must be an imposter too. I only mention them because their managerial records are worse than Baraclough's over the last few months.

Jim McIntyre's record up until they went on their run was woeful spanning some five months from September to January. Was he an imposter back then too?

Is Martin Canning an imposter? What about Gary Locke? Jackie McNamara he must be an imposter too. I only mention them because their managerial records are worse than Baraclough's over the last few months.

Jim McIntyre's record up until they went on their run was woeful spanning some five months from September to January. Was he an imposter back then too?

Go and ask accies fans about canning, killie fans about Locke and utd fans about McNamara and you'll get your answer.

So he just signed people for the sake of it? We were (and are) crying out for quality, rather than quantity. He's clueless.

So who would you have brought in then? So you think that Skippy, Pearson, Johnston, And arguably Grant and Long have no quality and have not improved the team over what mccall left us with.

Granted Straker is pish and i am not convinced about o'brien or Laing but given that there is not a queue of players wanting to sign for us i think he has done ok.

If we'd replicated the form of the last couple of months over the season we'd have been safe. We are still falling short in matches but to suggest we've not improved is just wrong.

Not suggesting for a moment we are world beaters, there's a lot that could be improved further, but 4 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats from the last 9 matches isn't that bad.

• Like 2

So who would you have brought in then? So you think that Skippy, Pearson, Johnston, And arguably Grant and Long have no quality and have not improved the team over what mccall left us with.

Granted Straker is pish and i am not convinced about o'brien or Laing but given that there is not a queue of players wanting to sign for us i think he has done ok.

Pearo and Skippy were nothing to do with Baraclough. Johnson has been the one success but even then he needed to be introduced more gradually this season as has been shown by injuries and dips in form. I think Long is prone to too many mistakes and I'll be glad to see the back of him. Grant has the potential to be a good player in the right team but unfortunately potential is no use to us just now. Long and Laing are both poor IMO and haven't improved the team. Straker is never a professional football player and Nathan Thomas is nowhere to be seen.

IMO we needed experience and quality over potential and quantity. 3 players who you could rely on to improve the team, organise and give a bit of dig rather than 7 players untried at this level.