Baraclough Out

Bop

His post match comments on Beeb website:

"I'm frustrated that we have created more chances and better chances, and to come away without scoring is amazing for me. We just weren't clinical enough.

"We created good chances, there were six or seven at least that I counted, we hit the woodwork a couple of times and their keeper has pulled off a couple of good saves from one-on-ones. That has cost us.

"Their two goals have come from positions of good possession, we have given it away cheaply, they have broken and been clinical. There's the difference.

"We still have to believe we can bridge the gap."

Rabbit lost in the headlights. Times up.

His post match comments on Beeb website:

"I'm frustrated that we have created more chances and better chances, and to come away without scoring is amazing for me. We just weren't clinical enough.

"We created good chances, there were six or seven at least that I counted, we hit the woodwork a couple of times and their keeper has pulled off a couple of good saves from one-on-ones. That has cost us."

Maybe you start our best striker then? Just a suggestion.

In this predicament, professional players should be showing some fight and busting a gut for each other regardless of what they think of the manager.

A manager has to provide leadership. There is obviously none. Our players go out into matches not believing in themselves and that can't be anyone other than the managers fault, at the very least it's his responsibility to do something about it.

Look at his substitutions tonight. No guts from the manager.

If Ross County win tomorrow I think it's something like a 17 point swing since the start of the year. We were 7 points ahead of County even after the 5-0 defeat at Douglas Park.

I think if you look at our results this season there have been very few draws. We just can't seem to dig out a point here and point there. We either win, or more likely lose. We are completely bereft of confidence or belief. We lose a goal and we are basically fucked.

The worrying thing is that he will most likely still be our manager for the foreseeable, barring a further collapse at the start of next season (wherever we end up). The approach behind the scenes at the club has certainly changed since the new owner came in, and it strikes me that Baraclough is seen as being integral to that. There's also the financial aspect of it too - whilst he has been backed with money for transfers in January, I'd probably say that only Johnson, Pearo and to a lesser extent McDonald have justified that outlay - the remainder are no better than what we had before. However, the club will want a return on that investment, so I suppose the question is how much rope will the board give Baraclough before deciding that enough is enough?

The apparent new setup certainly seems to be a step in the right direction (on paper at least) but it's not translated at all on the park - I almost wonder whether the board saw relegation/the playoffs as a certainty, and have effectively been planning on dropping down a division since McCall left. This isn't too far outside the realms of possibility when considered in the context of our new 'develop talent and sell it on' ethos, is relegation seen as a bit of a clean slate to allow us to clear out the dead wood in the squad and start afresh?

Just watched the video from the well YouTube feed and Baraclough had the tone and body lanuage of a boy getting into trouble of his head master. This guy needs to step the fuck up and be counted, be a leader. But he's not and needs to go now. Get someone else quick and at least we can say we gave it a shot even if we do go down. His time is up!!

• Like 1

Ok then ,who the fuk do we get in ? Who the fuk would take the job? Would it really make the defence man up and be any better? Nah didn't think so.The team is weak has been since the start of the season and the bunch we got in the transfer window was the best we could expect and a mixed bag,who would really come to a team on the way down for a six month loan ,Rooney ? .The team is poor get over it ,we need to carry on and hope we win the play offs,we are rebuilding after most of the good players in the team left every season for three seasons in a row we are Motherwell no Inter Milan .

Ok then ,who the fuk do we get in ? Who the fuk would take the job? Would it really make the defence man up and be any better? Nah didn't think so.The team is weak has been since the start of the season and the bunch we got in the transfer window was the best we could expect and a mixed bag,who would really come to a team on the way down for a six month loan ,Rooney ? .The team is poor get over it ,we need to carry on and hope we win the play offs,we are rebuilding after most of the good players in the team left every season for three seasons in a row we are Motherwell no Inter Milan .

You really don't think anybody could come in and do a better job of organising and motivating the players? And that we couldn't have done better business in the transfer window? Even though we have effectively got worse since Barraclough came in and made those signings?

Holy shit.

We need to bring in a proper manager for a month, a manager who knows the club well, instil belief in the players and fans and prepare us properly for a battle in the playoffs.

Whether it's at the Stephen Craigan or Craig Brown end of the scale, there must be someone available that's worth the gamble.

Just watched the video from the well YouTube feed and Baraclough had the tone and body lanuage of a boy getting into trouble of his head master. This guy needs to step the fuck up and be counted, be a leader.

Just watched it and that's exactly what it's like!