Who Interviewed This Man?

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

1424593971[/url]' post='433304']

It was said on the recent By the Min podcast that the money which was earmarked for another member of the media team went into the football budget instead at the suggestion of the GM who would cover both roles.

I don't know what the sums involved were but to me the gesture seemed very well intentioned and done for the best reasons.

I called this scenario from day1 and said it would backfire in tears. If it ain't fit for purpose, you run the risks. However, when the chance arose to shape a new future with the arrival of Mr Hutchinson, we've spectacularily screwed up. All through the campaign, when we needed leadership, not a single word was uttered to address the problems. Subsequent talk of tears and snotters when McCall left and waxing lyrically of great things ahead under the stewardship of Iain Baraclough sound extremely hollow a few weeks on. We've only a small window left to rectify this situation - the question is, does the new board have the balls to address the issues? Time will tell?

1424596430[/url]' post='433306']

One thing is for sure Flow was trying to do the club a favour and taking on two or maybe 1.5 roles so that extra money could be made available to bring in player such as Ojamma.

He is a passionate Well fan as well as being generally quite a clever chap.

No one will be hurting more if this appointment turns outas it is look like to be a disaster.

As a Manager of large teams I know 1st hand how people can interview extremely well and then when it comes down to it are found wanting. I am sure Barraclough gave a great interview. I know I was impressed with his 1st interviews.

Sadly it lokks like Barra talks a better game than he can deliver. I would not give him more time but if he gets it - it has to be ICT ONLY.

Yep, everyone is looking for a scapegoat and if Flow has taken on more duties to help the football side of things, it shouldn't be him

As a Manager of large teams I know 1st hand how people can interview extremely well and then when it comes down to it are found wanting. I am sure Barraclough gave a great interview. I know I was impressed with his 1st interviews.

Seen it many a time but there should be a lot more due-diligence done when there is potentially millions of pounds riding on the appointment.

On another point, I don't think there is a need for a scapegoat but the fans deserve a sincere apology when the moment is right. How can we blindly rally around the club and bring friends to the game when performances on the park, and the decisions that lead to these performances, are so brutally inept.

I have no issue with flow interviewing the manager, but in his current role it's a nonsense and totally be llittles his role. Can you imagine Dempster interviewing McCall after the match???

No. Because Dempster was on the board (where the manager is ultimatelybreportable tok) and Burrows isn't. He is the general manager and is now on the sales and marketing committee reporting to the board. I don't see it is a conflict or belittling his role at all because the manager does not report in to him.

No. Because Dempster was on the board (where the manager is ultimatelybreportable tok) and Burrows isn't. He is the general manager and is now on the sales and marketing committee reporting to the board. I don't see it is a conflict or belittling his role at all because the manager does not report in to him.

And he also has a media background. I don't get the obsession some people have with what Alan Burrows is or isn't doing.

Some gullible c--ts with painted on ears.

He's finished.

Sounded down and has ran out of bullshittin' lingo to fool the masses.

The players ain't buying into the sham and the penny finally dropped with the support.

time to call;

auld-heid@last-chance-saloon.com

See cunts like you, wish you'd fuck off to another country! A little, and I stress a little of what you say is true but because you've never liked this guy it's almost a moronic vendetta. They will always be my team but I'm scunnered with football now after 40 years

It's the players that should be taking the blame. They strolled out the traps at the start of the season thinking they were still best of the rest, and haven't put in a 90 minute shift since.

If you were watching 90 minutes every week you'd know that this is only a partial cause. There's so much more to it than that.

If you were watching 90 minutes every week you'd know that this is only a partial cause. There's so much more to it than that.

I get that, but the problem is the only way we know how any given manager would have performed with these players under these circumstances is if we hired them.

And for all the Butcher advocates out there, his record in Scotland is 100% with teams fighting relegation. Inverness, Hibs and Motherwell all go down (except we were saved by the rules).

I have seen plenty of bad teams at Fir Park, and seen plenty of relegation issues. Any time we have managed to avoid it it's been 100% down to the players taking care of business. If it was as easy as changing the manager, then nobody would ever go down.

The fact that the same players are turning out the same crap under McCall, then Black and now Baraclough shows the common denominator.

And I'm still sure a lot of those guys, consciously or unconsciously, truly believed that this season was going to be a doddle because of our record in the past couple.

• Like 1

The General Manager shouldn't be interviewing the Manager for MFCTV, it's as simple as that...no matter what Alan's good intentions were, it just doesn't give the right impression.

Agree with that. Even if we just hired a local media student for a couple of hours each week to conduct the interviews, it would better. Conflict of interest, especially when times are bad, is glaring and uncomfortable.

• Like 1

The fact that the same players are turning out the same crap under McCall, then Black and now Baraclough shows the common denominator.

And I'm still sure a lot of those guys, consciously or unconsciously, truly believed that this season was going to be a doddle because of our record in the past couple.

I doubt it.

I think it's more likely they looked at the quality of the players we were bringing in (Reid, Twardzik, Law) and the managers ambivalence about getting knocked out of europe by part timers and thought we are fucked. The only people who seemed to think we were a good team in 2014 were the higher ups at the club and the constantly deluded on here.

VDG wasn't appointed because "he was the right man at the wrong time".

Appointing and then sticking with this joker could be the biggest mistake the club has ever made.

I could greet

Got told this exact thing from someone who was part of the interview panel

Basically didn't take Mitch because he wanted to rip a lot up straight away and barra would do it over time

7 or 8 new players and a new assistant manager as well as sports scientists and change in scouting

How is that not ripping it up and changing instantly?

It's the players that should be taking the blame. They strolled out the traps at the start of the season thinking they were still best of the rest, and haven't put in a 90 minute shift since.

Good shout WEEYIN. That first game against St Mirren was the writing on the wall. It's just went downhill since then and the 'senior players' are culpable.

• Like 1

Yes we've made a major mistake in our managerial appointment. This could cost us 5 seasons in the Championship. I do believe if we keep Barraclough we're going down. On saturday just like last week we've had a real chance to get ourselves a real lifeline and kick on. Im gutted that hasn't happened. We've no fight no desire no leadership extremely limited ability and at the moment we're easily the worst team in the SPL by a mile. If we do drop it'll take us a good few years to get back up. Just ask Falkirk. Dunfermline and St.Mirren who took 4 years to get back. The Dundee performance is one of the worst displays at Fir Park for years considering the circumstances. <_>

Got told this exact thing from someone who was part of the interview panel

Basically didn't take Mitch because he wanted to rip a lot up straight away and barra would do it over time

7 or 8 new players and a new assistant manager as well as sports scientists and change in scouting

How is that not ripping it up and changing instantly?

Excellent point.

Why the fuck is our general manager interviewing our manager. That's utterly fucked up.

I've brought this up in the past and been shot down in flames for it.

His admission on the ByTheMin podcast that he was saving the club money, etc is very noble and all, but he should not be doing this at all now when Barraclough is under pressure. Since he was in the interview and appointment process and that he has influence over the board (again by his own admission) it is a major conflict of interest - interviewing the guy one minute, sacking him the next.