Summer Football

Toxteth O'Grady

I am split.

Pros - I can see the reasoning behind the move to Summer football as we will likely get less cancellations over the piece, better pitches which may mean better quality football and there is a small chance the broadcasters will pay more. But, that is all it is...a small chance. With our current leaders I would not bet on it.

Cons - On the other hand, I play golf during the summer, go on holiday during the summer and usually have more commitments at weekends to . Not saying I wouldn't go to the football but it would mean a change of lifestyle to a certain extent and I am sure I wouldn't be alone in that. But, there may be more people who can go than those who cant. I also have a slight worry about moving out of the generally accepted football calendar that England, Germany, Spain, etc use. in that our country may become even more irrelevant in european league football.

Summer football, its a no brainer sitting / standing watching the game on a warmish pleasant evening or sitting / standing wrapped up in several layers of clothing, wet and freezing your balls off, drinking luke warm Bovril to try to get a heat. Aye its a tough choice :nod:

Summer football, its a no brainer sitting / standing watching the game on a warmish pleasant evening or sitting / standing wrapped up in several layers of clothing, wet and freezing your balls off, drinking luke warm Bovril to try to get a heat. Aye its a tough choice :nod:

also given the fact Fir Park has the worst tasting coffee and Bovril in Scotland, possibly the World, whilst charging far more than they should, you don't even get the option of a hot drink.

If it was just about the weather it's a no brainer, aye.