Goalkeepers

punk_in_drublic

1426409115[/url]' post='435132']

I agree, but he's got absolutely no chance, because he's not tall enough for some, so any good work is expected, and any minor issue is blamed on his height.

Smaller goalies have got be exceptional at the other things to compensate for not being so hot in the air snd have good centre backs to help out

Dan isn't exceptional enough at the other things to compensate for the flapping he does at crosses , and the centre halfs aren't going to help his cause either

• Like 2

Smaller goalies have got be exceptional at the other things to compensate for not being so hot in the air snd have good centre backs to help out

Dan isn't exceptional enough at the other things to compensate for the flapping he does at crosses , and the centre halfs aren't going to help his cause either

Good post.

Iv certainly seen far worse celtic goalies than Marshall. But one things for sure he doesn't appear to have the Midas touch when it comes to recommending goalies. That said I'm not convinced he would have any involvement in the signing of George long

Carl Muggleton for one

I would still stick with Long, I am not a fan of Dan who makes a lot of howlers that seem to go unnoticed (The Aberdeen/McManus handball incident being one, he caused that with an awful attempt at catching a cross) but seems to be a hero to some, as far as I can see he had two good spells. Both around the christmas period. Maybe we need to get the wee man excited about Santa all year round.

Long does look better on paper as said previously, however I heard Baraclough say he was shouting for the ball at Aberdeen's second. I dunno why cos he was miles away from it. The first is plain bad bluck(from his point of view, defending is something else.). Good save, bit of a rush to grabs the ball and pokes it into the goal. The second was awful though.

This is the same Marshall that ruined the career of Darren Randolph, aye?

Overreact much!!

Not mentioning Randolph in this my thoughts are on the other keepers...... Anyway how long did he coach him for smart arse?

For two of his three years here.

:tumbleweed::laugh:

I think some confirmation bias is at play here. Of course we had our troubles in the goalkeeping department last season, but keepers are just like every other player on the park - they will make mistakes. Skippy should have hit the target early on in the ICT game, but he screwed up his shot. That was a mistake that could have cost us a goal, but it gets forgotten (rightly so) in the grand scheme of things. In that same game, Long's save at the feet of the striker just before half time probably helped us go on and win the game.

The bigger difference this season is that we still aren't scoring many goals. So if we lose one to a mistake, we aren't doing enough at the other end to make up for it. I guarantee if we start knocking in 2 or 3 goals a game, this focus on the keeper will be much less intense and critical.

The 2 goals on Friday night were very unlucky.

The 1st he makes a very good save, if the ball goes straight in, there's no questions asked. Just horrible luck really that he's poked it in in the end.

The 2nd is a break down in communications, he arguably shouldn't have and didn't need to come out that far, that may be a result of trying to make up for his error moments earlier? But it's Laing that should have been more aware of where Long was, and if there was a shout, should've left it.

I didn't mind Dan, Long has been ok, but I actually didn't think Gunnar was as bad as folk made out either, his confidence was shot, and the chopping and changing didn't help. With a bit of faith and the crowd off his back, I think he could've done well.

We've been spoiled with Randolph and Ruddy.

Long played for the u20s tonight.

Despite the England youth caps he is behind the ex St Mirren goalie Howard in the pecking order at Bramall Lane so we shouldn't be expecting miracles.

Wee Dan is another sympton our decline this season, expecting the players to play in front of a midget from Dundee reserves is one of the more creative ways McCall killed the dressing room.

• Like 1

Long played for the u20s tonight.

Despite the England youth caps he is behind the ex St Mirren goalie Howard in the pecking order at Bramall Lane so we shouldn't be expecting miracles.

Wee Dan is another sympton our decline this season, expecting the players to play in front of a midget from Dundee reserves is one of the more creative ways McCall killed the dressing room.

Wrong Long......

U-20's goalie is Brett Long.

• Like 1