Motherwell V Hamilton 20/03/15

McCusker

You've also omitted Partick Thistle, safe to say with them facing the top 3 and us in their remaining fixtures picking up 3 points will be good going before facing us. That puts them on 34. While we're on 22 I think even a conservative estimate of 5 points from the next 3 games isn't too much from us. Then we play them and most Motherwell fans would expect a win. 4 points difference with 5 to play is nothing including another 6 pointer is nothing.

We need to forget about Partick Thistle. They have the points in the bag. They have 10 points on us and probably only need another 6 to be confident of being safe.

They might have the top three coming up but we very nearly took three points at Pittodrie and two of our rare wins have been against Inverness and Dundee Utd. In fact Partick only lost 1-0 to Aberdeen last time and have beaten Inverness twice this season. It means nothing.

I've said it before but Partick can lose 7 out of 9 and still be safe. If they got 3 points before the split they are home and hosed.

Our trip to Firhill is going to be a very tricky one but even if we win it it's hard to see Partick going into complete melt down and not picking up the points required else where.

They aren't even in bad form at the moment and they have beaten St. Johnstone and Dundee Utd in the last couple of weeks and have managed to pull results out of the bag when needed, a 4-0 win against Inverness, a 5-0 win against Hamilton.

What we need to do is match or better Ross County, beat them at Fir Park and at the very worst we go into the last match with everything to play for and at best, might even be safe if Ross County drop points else where.

• Like 1

My arse is like a rabbits nose ahead of this match. Very cliche but every match is going to be like a cup final. 3 points would be a great step in the right direction and put pressure on St Mirren and County ahead of their matches on Saturday!

Game kicks off at 1:15am here and looking forward to sitting up with a few beers and watching it!

I am raging it is 8:37am here, I am in work til 3 and you are prolly finished

Afraid not mate. Work UK hours so generally hit the office around 1pm (7:30am) and leave around 9:30pm (4:00pm). The only downfall of working out here is the backshift.

I am fair looking forward to friday, I think Friday night fitba in instances like this could be great! I am working all day Saturday for example and would have missed this. A local game, the teams are just across the water. I know it's not for everyone but I think it could be ideal. Free on a Sat too (if yer not working like me), family/mates time eh?

• Like 1

I am fair looking forward to friday, I think Friday night fitba in instances like this could be great! I am working all day Saturday for example and would have missed this. A local game, the teams are just across the water. I know it's not for everyone but I think it could be ideal. Free on a Sat too (if yer not working like me), family/mates time eh?

Only for these kind off games Friday Night Football will have some sort of success. How they can have Aberdeen vs Motherwell on a Friday night is beyond believe. Keep it local as much as you can.

Anyway, hoping for a win... couldnt care less about the result, or how we win.

Only for these kind off games Friday Night Football will have some sort of success. How they can have Aberdeen vs Motherwell on a Friday night is beyond believe. Keep it local as much as you can.

Anyway, hoping for a win... couldnt care less about the result, or how we win.

Aye, I'd make a 20 minute round trip from motherwell to Hamilton or vice versa on a Friday night, even if the game was on TV.

The 6 hour round trip to Pittodrie, time off work etc for a game I can watch in my house or a pub is not a very easy sell! Only a real diehard or someone who happens to live or work in Aberdeen are going to that.

This was how Friday night football was meant to be, minus the TV cameras.

The 6 hour round trip to Pittodrie, time off work etc for a game I can watch in my house or a pub is not a very easy sell! Only a real diehard or someone who happens to live or work in Aberdeen are going to that.

That or guys that love a right good Don Revie and make an overnight of it...

@CraigReid_2: Good to get the boots back on today ⚽️ #gettingthere

Craig Reid possibly available for selection , don't think he'll be starting anyway think it'll be the same team that played against Aberdeen. Would , however, prefer Ramsden to straker at left back.

Think we'll win this

2-0 Erwin and Johnson