Motherwell V Hamilton 20/03/15

McCusker

Got to agree. Big man is not far away. Just needs a break in front goal. He's only played about 6 or 7 games as an out and out striker I think.

Really unlucky not to score last night. We need to stick with him as offers more as an alround player.

Hopefully we also get his contract sorted out during the international break.

While I agree with the comments regarding Erwin scoring I think everyone can relax and just wait for it to happen. I don't think it's anything to worry about or dwell on since he is playing well and the team are picking up points. Although though in saying that and inferring that it shouldnt negatively affect his confidence i think him actually getting a goal or two is going to be the icing on the cake and bosst his confidence no end. Actually think he may have got a little confidenc boost last night ( not sure if on purpose or not from IB ) As sutton stood on the sideline to come on the TV showe Erwin looking over, obviously expecting to see hi snumber held up but instead it was Skippy to come off. I think that will give him a little extra confidence. I thought last night was his best game yet.

While I agree with the comments regarding Erwin scoring I think everyone can relax and just wait for it to happen. I don't think it's anything to worry about or dwell on since he is playing well and the team are picking up points. Although though in saying that and inferring that it shouldnt negatively affect his confidence i think him actually getting a goal or two is going to be the icing on the cake and bosst his confidence no end. Actually think he may have got a little confidenc boost last night ( not sure if on purpose or not from IB ) As sutton stood on the sideline to come on the TV showe Erwin looking over, obviously expecting to see hi snumber held up but instead it was Skippy to come off. I think that will give him a little extra confidence. I thought last night was his best game yet.

Agreed. I don't think it's really much of a worry. He's an inexperienced guy playing his first full season of senior football. He's made 27 appearances for us this year (half of them from the bench) and only recently has he really been played up front. It's not as if we (as a team) have been steamrollering teams and knocking goals in for fun and he's the only one that's not been scoring.

If we keep playing as we have been in the last few weeks he'll get chances and I'm sure he'll take them. 8 goals in 11 appearances for Arbroath suggests he does have them in him.

As enjoyable game as I've been to in a while. I felt there was a bit of buzz before the game, almost an expectation that it would be the night that things finally click for us. And they certainly did.

What was particularly pleasing, and Barraclough pointed this out, was that despite being 4 up with only minutes go we continued to absolutely fight for every ball and make use of every inch of grass on the pitch. That takes a certain type of team spirit and it'll be the kind of mentality could see us safe this season.

As good as Erwin was last night his dive in the first half was a shocker, really needs to cut that out.

Was that the penalty claim? I saw it briefly at half time and thought it looked like a penalty but it wasn't in the highlights and I haven't seen it again. It looked as though the Accies player caught his legs and didn't make contact with the ball but, as I said, I haven't seen it again.

First half I thought it was the worst of our four recent 'revived' performances. Not bad, and certainly miles better than the rest of the season, but not as good as the last three. Second half, much better. We really need to be keeping our foot on the gas, I hope Barraclough and the senior players drill it into the rest of them that they can't relax. We are playing well but with the way Ross County and Thistle are picking up points, we are literally in the fight of our lives.

Lionel, what a conundrum he is. I thought he was terrible in the first half, indeed I said after 17 minutes we should just get him off now, he's no use when he's not at the races. What a turn around second half, and when he really got the bit between his teeth he was probably unplayable. We need him stepping up that side of his game big time. OK, he's not going to score 35 yard pearlers everyweek but when he has his eye in and starts running at teams with pace he is some weapon.

Special mention to 'big straker'. I along with many others here have given him stick but credit where its due, the boy played well.

Onwards and upwards, need to rack up some points.

Tony Straker ripping the arse out Accies in the first half was tremendous, as was Steelboy's reaction to our chant of 'Only one Tony Straker' afterwards. Special mentions to Erwin, Johnson and Skippy. Those three with Ainsworth were a joy to watch at times. I agree on that if Erwin gets a goal, he'll end up scoring a tonne. Just a bounce away at times it seems; he needs to spend some time with Sutton to get some poaching practice!

• Like 1