2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I like Skippy, but I don't think he's that influential - especially as our biggest failings tend to be in defence.

Last seson we finished 2nd bottom conceding 63 goals. The season before we finished 2nd top conceding 60 goals. I think the main difference is that we only scored 31 last season compared with 64 the year before.

A good striker is by far the biggest influence.

His timely signing and goals had a fair influence on us (just) finishing above St Mirren last season if you ask me

Perhaps, but I think it's a stretch to say he'll be the difference between struggling at the bottom to pushing for the top 6.

• Like 1

Perhaps, but I think it's a stretch to say he'll be the difference between struggling at the bottom to pushing for the top 6.

His influence on the team is huge. Not only does he offer from an ability perspective but also brings the best out of others.

He would be head and shoulders the most talented player in our squad should be sign up.

• Like 1

Not to be all "guy on the internet reading too much into Evening Times interviews" but going by that interview Bara's saying that there are "two or three players we're looking to bring in to crucial parts of the team, and he's [McDonald] one of them". Assuming it's on top of Kennedy coming at centre half, Bara's on record as saying we're going to bring in a new 'keeper & you'd imagine (hope) that a midfielder's next on the shopping list.

In the case of Skippy though, does this mean we're actively looking for someone in the role, be it McDonald or someone else. In which case we're looking at a forward group of: Clarkson, Moult, Fletcher, Moore +1 (McDonald or A.N Other experienced forward/#10) or it's more that we're in for him rather than necessarily needing to add another forward.

Edit to add: I'd hope it's the former.

Edited by capt_oats

And when did we need McHugh? If we add McDonald or another striker fine but a keeper and another midfield option is surely priority.

Still be delighted if we get McDonald but if Fletcher,Moult and Clarkson can get among the goals I be more than happy. Be a pleasant surprise if Moore can make an impact and if come January he isn't making headway perhaps we can look for something then if McDonald hasn't joined and if the other boys aren't doing the business but with 3 new first team forwards due a chance it not an absolute necessity right now.

Only 2 weeks till the season starts. Was hoping we would have signed another few players for the areas everyone seems to be in agreement we need strengthening in order to get them bedded in.

Do we have enough on board (quality wise) to kick off v Inverness?

Bearing in mind Ainsworth is suspended first 2 games.

Only 2 weeks till the season starts. Was hoping we would have signed another few players for the areas everyone seems to be in agreement we need strengthening in order to get them bedded in.

Do we have enough on board (quality wise) to kick off v Inverness?

Bearing in mind Ainsworth is suspended first 2 games.

Short answer, no.

We have an okay squad however it is going to struggle in its current form.

I'm suggesting that we really need 4 players to kick on further up the league (it looks like a 7th/8th place finish in the current state)

There are obvious holes in our squad which need to be sorted ASAP so we an start with a bonded squad.

We really need:

1 x GK

1 X Centre Half (Assuming the Kennedy deal is almost done).

1 X Central Midfield/ Left Mid Cover

1 X Attacking Midfielder.

We really need 3 of those to add some quality. Good goalkeeper is worth 10/15 points per season and someone like McDonald (even if not scoring) can drag the best out of players to get another 10/15.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Central Midfield cover was a loan.

We trimmed the squad hugely this summer and quite rightly so but we do need a little injection of quality.

We are looking at the moment at a team of:

-------------------------Gk------------------------

Law--------Laing-----------McManus--------Hammel

Ainsworth -------- Lasley ------- Pearson ----- Johnson

----------- Moult ---------- Fletcher -------------

Subs:

Twardzik

Chalmers

Reid

Watt

Leitch

Thomas

McLean

Clarkson

Moore

It's a decent side but no better than 7th/8th. We are also a little bit one dimensional, potentially, which could cause us problems, hence having someone like McDonald in the side would allow us to change shape, set up more like a 4-2-3-1.

The bench as it is at the moment is a little bit too inexperienced which is also making it a little difficult to change things during matches or when we have injuries. I'm very much in favour of getting youth in the side, however Moore as a striking option really doesn't fill me with joy and outiwth Reid (who I will be surprised to see in a Motherwell jersey again), there is not much top flight experience to cover at the back. Midfield is exactly the same.

• Like 1

Interested to see Erwin only lasted 56 mins again York City who drew with the mighty Leeds United...York equaliser was setup by none other than Mr Anthony Straker...I could see Erwin going out on loan this year.

At Motherwell he got a chance to play when he was struggling and you don't get that luxury in the Championship, I hope the big man proves me wrong. Take him back in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Interested to see Erwin only lasted 56 mins again York City who drew with the mighty Leeds United...York equaliser was setup by none other than Mr Anthony Straker...I could see Erwin going out on loan this year.

At Motherwell he got a chance to play when he was struggling and you don't get that luxury in the Championship, I hope the big man proves me wrong. Take him back in a heartbeat.

Interesting to the fact they were raving about him against Harrogate - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/13/video-lee-erwin-shows-why-leeds-united-fans-should-be-excited-ab/

I am sure the bloke talking about Gradel being a level below Marv and that was joking...

Ofcourse I was joking!!

Apologies, should have included some kind of tongue in cheek smiley or the likes!

• Like 1