Avoiding The Play Off's Is Still In Our Own Hands!

star sail

We need 5 wins but it is possible. Here's the scenario.

Team A and Team B can be Kilmarnock or Partick Thistle.

Motherwell 15pts (5 wins) Motherwell 15pts Motherwell 15pts

Ross County 12 pts (4 wins) Team A 12pts Team A 12pts

Team A 9 pts (3 wins) Ross C 9pts Team B 9 pts

Team B 6pts (2 wins) Team B 6pts Ross C 6pts

M/well beat Team B by 2pts Motherwell beat Team B by 2 pts Motherwell beat Ross C by 3pts .

Draws are a possibility but the same model still applies:

eg Motherwell 15pts (5 wins)

Ross C 10 pts (3 wins and a draw)

Team A 10 pts (3 wins and a draw)

Team B 4 pts (1 win and a draw)

Motherwell bt Team B by 4 points.

This discounts completely St Mirren and Accies but any points they can take off the other teams can only help the cause.

So it becomes like a mini Scottish cup run, 5 wins to lift the Cup, without the likes of Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, heart, hibs or rangers to overcome.

It's time for the season past to be left behind no matter the views on McCall or Baraclough and for every Well fan to get fully behind the team for what are effectively 5 knock out games.

Note: If Kilmarnock beat Celtic it could be out of our own hands.

• Like 1

I cant see us winning 5 games out of 5, unless we can keep Lasley, Pearson, Johnson, Ainsworth, Erwin and McDonald as our 'front 6', and fully fit. Over and above that our defence and goalkeeper, really need to stop conceding pathetic goals. Even then, I think 5 out of 5 is probably well outwith our reach, given that they will be playing under a huge amount of pressure each week against teams who will be happy to take a draw off us.

To be honest, we only have two chances of staying up....Killie, Ross County or Partick Thistle absolutely imploding in the Bottom 6 ie taking 0-3 points, with us picking up enough to go above them ie winning 3 or 4 matches. At the moment, Killie look like the only team of the 3 who are on a downward spiral.

Other than that, I'm praying that QoS somehow manage to negotiate a 2 legged play-off against Rangers and Hibs (or vice versa), as I'd fancy our chances against them to be better than playing Hibs or Rangers over 2 legs in the play-off final. In saying that though, we'd still be in with a fighting chance against either particularly with the 2nd leg being at Fir Park.

We couldn't beat 11 traffic cones if they pulled on a Rangers strip

This sort of attitude needs to be booted the fuck out of Motherwell.

Alloa, Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Livingston et al have got results against Rangers this term. I'd actually rather have Rangers than Queen of the South.

Against QoS all the pressure and expectation is on us to win and QoS are a good team who have played well all season and would have a lot of confidence. Whereas Rangers all the pressure is on them and they are a flaky team. Pressure and flaky teams don't general work out well.

I'm probably going to be one of the few here, but I'd welcome the chance to take on the Ginger Lesbian and his band of fuds.

Yep, me too. He's great at amassing points in the league but as we found out so often, knock-outs certainly aren't a specialty.

Yep, me too. He's great at amassing points in the league but as we found out so often, knock-outs certainly aren't a specialty.

Guaranteed he will have fixed that little Achilles heel if we come to play them in a two legged game.

Saying that, think we would probably have as good a chance against them as we would Hibs or QotS

As we go into the post split it would be nice to get a hand from Accies and St Mirren. Most people feel that us winning 5 out of 5 is not going to happen so in effect we will not catch accies so lets hope they beat everyone above us. I doubt that St Mirren will catch us so hopefully they can string a few results together against the teams above us.

As has been previously mentioned I think us playing county at fir park first game would be great ( as long as we win ) if we could beat them by 2 or 3 that would take care of a big chink of the goal difference since it would better ours and worsen theirs by the same amount.

To be a bit positive about it.

Where would beating Rangers in a play off to keep them down and us up rank for others?

I think it would probably beat the league cup semi-final at easter road for me. Putting it behind only the 1991 cup win.

It would be amazing, although maybe not worth the stress and worry!