Post Split Fixtures

Kmcalpin

Motherwell will kick-off their post split fixtures with a Lanarkshire derby against Hamilton Accies at New Douglas Park.

That game will go ahead on Friday 24th April live on BT Sport (7.45pm KO).

Ian Baraclough’s side will then face Ross County at home on Saturday 2nd May (3pm KO) then Kilmarnock at home on Friday 8th May (7.45pm KO), again live on BT Sport.

The Steelmen will then travel to St Mirren on Saturday 16th May (3pm KO) before finishing the season with Partick Thistle at home on Saturday 23rd May (although this game may be changed to Friday 22nd depending on the outcome of results over the next few weeks).

If there's something to play for on last day of season, surely they won't be able to switch us to the Friday?

Horrible feeling is that is EXACTLY what they want to happen and they are hoping for a potential 3-way decider. Our game on BT1..Killie v County on BT2 or something like that.

Absolute sham if thats the case

It's not the worst set of fixtures we could've had but we are now in a position where 1 bad result means it's the playoffs.Hamilton away is a must win and given our recent record there I don't see how anyone can be confident that we will win no matter how sh1te they are at the moment.

12 points from the final 5 games will be enough to avoid the play-off, IMO.

I think one of County/Thistle/Killie will crash and get 4 points or less in the games remaining.

Whether we are able to get those 12 points, is up for debate.

• Like 1

12 points from the final 5 games will be enough to avoid the play-off, IMO.

I think one of County/Thistle/Killie will crash and get 4 points or less in the games remaining.

Whether we are able to get those 12 points, is up for debate.

I think you are dreaming. Ross County are on fire. No way they will just get 4 points!

I can maybe see Accies and St Mirren geting feck all, but as for the other clubs mentioned I think they will all be talking points of each other.

I think you are dreaming. Ross County are on fire. No way they will just get 4 points!

I can maybe see Accies and St Mirren geting feck all, but as for the other clubs mentioned I think they will all be talking points of each other.

Unfortunately that's who we need to see winning their games ( except against us of course ) unlikely that we will catch accies so they might as well beat some of the teams above us. unlikely that St Mirren wil catch us so hope they also beat teams above us.

Got to win the 1st 3 matches, to put pressure on the teams above. Killie have St Mirren and Accies as their 1st two games, which could see them get the points they need for safety

Killie will be going into the st mirren game with 4 defeats in row (providing Celtic beat them tonight) and St Mirren even though highly improbable are still trying to catch us, and surely St Mirren have to score at some point, this could be a wee glimmer of hope for us!

Agree that the first 3 matches are must wins to put the pressure on the teams above us, and we should be beating a (probably) youthful, already relegated St Mirren side who can't win at home. We need to set the tone with a good win over accies though which is easier said than done.

I also think Partick will be safe and have nothing to play for come the last game of the season so that could also work in our favour.

County play Partick and us in their first two games so if they are going to drop points I think it will be here.

Do people see it as an advantage or dis-advantage that we play 2 Friday night games? We will either increase the nerves of the teams above us with a win before they play on the Saturday..or they'll go into their games knowing a win will take them further from us!

Do people see it as an advantage or dis-advantage that we play 2 Friday night games? We will either increase the nerves of the teams above us with a win before they play on the Saturday..or they'll go into their games knowing a win will take them further from us!

I'm looking no further than Accies but if dealt with properly then the fact we are in action on the Friday night can only be a good thing for me. Get three points in the bag and see how the rest deal with it on the Saturday. The second Friday, we'll need to see how the land lies around that point before we know how significant it is playing a day early.