Ian Brines

GazzyB

Had a quick skim through the match thread, and I've noticed a lot of people calling Ian Brines a dirty cheating whatever, saying he was really biased, had a shocker etc etc.

Am I the only one who thought he had a really good game? A couple of questionable decisions, he's only human after all, but he controlled the game really well, and he had quite a few opportunities to be biased towards Celtic, which he didn't really take. Just my opinion though, I thought he had a good game.

The craigan decision was laughable but he got a few like that wrong in the game and some wenmt in our favour. Apart from that I can't think of anything he did wrong.

Althought my mate text me during the game and said he was giving them everything. Just show's how different peoples views can be.

Ref struggled at times in first half. Klimpl should never have been booked! Same old story though - the three fuds on their bench moan and hey presto out came the yellow card.

Samaras seems to have trouble with his balance, everytime a claret and amber jersey went near him he fell over. Ref should have booked him.

That Hessilink is just a donkey - he could still be playing and not score.

Maros's booking was a joke.

Klimpl was booked purely on where the incident took place. The challenge seemed to knock the boy into the concrete part of the tunnel just next to the home dugout. Could have been a nasty injury if he had hit his head. He probably would not have been booked if it had happened in the middle of the park and could have just left it as the ball appeared to be going out. An avoidable booking which could have cost us dearly.

:thumbup::P

The JVofH assault was a total joke. Brines knew there was a foul and blew then realised it was the big whore of Castlemilk and twigged he would need to send him off as he had already booked him so he took the easy option and gave a foul to Celtic.

As already stated Klimpl's booking was given because the wee Ginger whiner was running up and down the line moaning.

Second half he as a bit better but how the south stand can give us a chorus of "Who's the mason in the black" I'll never know.

That was Brines best game at Fir Park, he was mere shite as opposed to his usual dreadful. J O'B's perfectly won tackle in front of us in the East Stand was just a made up foul in Brines' head, Clarky's push at the back post when Samaras was down injured was just invented so he could stop play and do away with the possibility of a dodgy drop ball, Artur Boruc proved Brines cannae count by keeping the ball for 10 minutes as opposed to the allowed 6 seconds, Klimpl's booking wasn't worth a yellow but the Shellic official who pushed Maros away deserved sent to the stand. McDonald continually cheating and being awarded fouls shows Brines doesn't study the game much, Brown blocking players from getting to the ball deserved pulling up but he was allowed to continue with it. So many things wrong with his performance so I really can't see how anyone thinks he did okay. Not match changing granted but overall he's still fuckin' murder.

Artur Boruc proved Brines cannae count by keeping the ball for 10 minutes as opposed to the allowed 6 seconds,
Slightly off topic, but that is the most useless rule ever invented. Has anybody *ever* been penalised for going over 6 seconds. Who times it - the linesman?

Thought he was alright, except for 2 things. Firstly he missed Nakamura kicking out at Klimpl - Straight Red if he had been caught. Secondly, I said it after Klimpls booking that it was a yellow, but that Brown would be allowed to commit 4 or 5 similar tackles before he would get into the book. True to form he was allowed to foul several times before getting booked.

Thought he was shite tbh...The JVoH/Craigan incident was one of the most ludicrous decisions ive ever seen!! And the replays from the TV make it look an even worse decision. (think they'll show that on scotsport... :lol: )

Havnt seen much mentioned about Hinkels flying knee to Clarksons head in the first half after a foul by the other Celtic defender.

Didnt really get a good look at it but any idea if it was deliberate?? I heard it was just his momentum that carried him through onto Clarky.

Cheers, Dez

That was Brines best game at Fir Park, he was mere shite as opposed to his usual dreadful. J O'B's perfectly won tackle in front of us in the East Stand was just a made up foul in Brines' head, Clarky's push at the back post when Samaras was down injured was just invented so he could stop play and do away with the possibility of a dodgy drop ball, Artur Boruc proved Brines cannae count by keeping the ball for 10 minutes as opposed to the allowed 6 seconds, Klimpl's booking wasn't worth a yellow but the Shellic official who pushed Maros away deserved sent to the stand. McDonald continually cheating and being awarded fouls shows Brines doesn't study the game much, Brown blocking players from getting to the ball deserved pulling up but he was allowed to continue with it. So many things wrong with his performance so I really can't see how anyone thinks he did okay. Not match changing granted but overall he's still fuckin' murder.

Was this not a passback? Folk around me were shouting for it, but I missed it.

Folk around me were shouting for a pass back as well but I didn't see who played it to him. I forgot the kick from Naka to add to the list. Given that list it's clear to see Brines is shocking as that was one of his better games at Fir Park. True to form Setanta highlights showed none of the above.